• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

MCano's 97 Spa Yellow Build

here are some sneak pics of Mario's seats! They look so much better in person, the materials, fit, and finish of these seats is beyond great IMO. I hope that everyone can see them soon. From every other angle other than straight on the yellow is much less pronounced.
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2900.jpg
    IMG_2900.jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_2905.jpg
    IMG_2905.jpg
    337.5 KB · Views: 885
Last edited:
We need more pics Mario!

We need more pics Mario!
I have a whole slew of mods that are going to be installed in August. Below is a list of them. Once all the work is done, I'll post many photos of the mods that are visible. However, once the seats have been installed, I’ll post more pics of them.Suspension:LoveFab upper & lower chassis braces.Semi-Automatic iLift System, Front & Rear.Corner balancing.Aero:Voltex GT Carbon Fiber Wing with Gurney FlapDownforce gas tank under panel.Difflow 5 element rear diffuser.Wheels & Tires (On Track Days Only):Wheels: Enkeis PF01, 17x8 +45 & 18x9.5 +35.Tires: Toyo Proxes R888 (235/40/17 & 275/35/18).Coolant System:Masiv Radiator.Interior:Installation of my newly reupholstered seat with pin-hole style Alcantara center seat panels with yellow backing.EuroBoutique Flat Bottom Sterring WheelEuroBoutique Shift KnoblTrack Safety Equipment:Dave T;s harness bar.G-Force 5-Point Harness.Mounting bracket for a fire extinguisher.2.5 lb. BC Fire Extinguisher.Exterior and Interior Lighting:Arch-Light LED Tail Lights.Arch-Light Front Turn Signals.LED light bulb replacement kit for the: Door, foot-well and dome light fixtures.LED light bulb replacement kit for the: License plate and side markers.Miscellaneous:Light-weight Lithium battery.Clear bra.Science of Speed stealth license plate bracket.Cedar Ridge harmonic balancer shield.The work will be completed prior to September in that my next track weekend is on September 11. Thanks for your interest!

Last edited:
What a list! Any updates on your LSD order?

Hey Regan, yes I went on a spending spree, but I'm about done for the year. As for the OS Geiken LSD, nothing yet. I think it was a little over a month ago I was told it would be a couple of more months. So, I'll call my supplier at the end of August to see what is going on! I have kept some money in reserve just in case the LSD comes in. My OS Giken clutch will be installed at the same time. and while the trans is open, I'll have any worn parts replaced.

The next major purchase will be next year and it will be an SOS Supercharger. However, I'm not convinced that I want all that extra power. It will only help on the track on the straits. The stock NSX has plenty of power for an corner, even turn 8 at Big Willow!

Hey Regan, yes I went on a spending spree, but I'm about done for the year. As for the OS Geiken LSD, nothing yet. I think it was a little over a month ago I was told it would be a couple of more months. So, I'll call my supplier at the end of August to see what is going on! I have kept some money in reserve just in case the LSD comes in. My OS Giken clutch will be installed at the same time. and while the trans is open, I'll have any worn parts replaced.

The next major purchase will be next year and it will be an SOS Supercharger. However, I'm not convinced that I want all that extra power. It will only help on the track on the straits. The stock NSX has plenty of power for an corner, even turn 8 at Big Willow!
I would let you drive mine but I need to change out the seat rails. I don't think they will scoot up far enough for anyone under 5'9. Feel free to try next time.

If you want my $0.02.. the CTSC is most fun if you're able to keep cooling in check. It's also not as much fun at the track because it's more mental overhead thinking about pressures, temps, blah blah blah. It's fun on the street. It's fun in the canyons... I'd argue it's maybe not so much fun at the track. So it depends what kind of driving is really important to you. Also, with the 4.44 you'll have the acceleration near a SC anyway. It's not really the same since you'll be shifting and loosing time there but it's still fun. Basically, I would think twice before boosting a 4.44 for a track build. Just my $0.02.

I would let you drive mine but I need to change out the seat rails. I don't think they will scoot up far enough for anyone under 5'9. Feel free to try next time.

If you want my $0.02.. the CTSC is most fun if you're able to keep cooling in check. It's also not as much fun at the track because it's more mental overhead thinking about pressures, temps, blah blah blah. It's fun on the street. It's fun in the canyons... I'd argue it's maybe not so much fun at the track. So it depends what kind of driving is really important to you. Also, with the 4.44 you'll have the acceleration near a SC anyway. It's not really the same since you'll be shifting and loosing time there but it's still fun. Basically, I would think twice before boosting a 4.44 for a track build. Just my $0.02.

You bring up some points that had not occurred to me. PM me your phone number and I'll call you over the weekend. I have not driven supercharged or turbo NSX, but I have ridden in one, and I was really impressed with the acceleration. My thoughts was that I needed that type of acceleration on straights at the track to keep up the big boys. Like I said earlier, the NSX holds it own on the turns, particularly with all of the suspension and aero mods that I have made and the new tires I will begin to use in September. But you have my attention concerning overheating. Twice at the track I had to exit a session early due to overheating on a hot day. I'm hoping the Masive radiator will help. I'm not sure what more could be done.

thanks for your input!

Those seats look incredibly cool. I really like subtle mods that don't stick out like a sore thumb.
These are super tasteful imho and I think will look even better when installed.

Those seats look incredibly cool. I really like subtle mods that don't stick out like a sore thumb.
These are super tasteful imho and I think will look even better when installed.

Thanks cmc140, I'm trying to get the seats installed this weekend. I'll post a bunch pic then!

You bring up some points that had not occurred to me. PM me your phone number and I'll call you over the weekend. I have not driven supercharged or turbo NSX, but I have ridden in one, and I was really impressed with the acceleration. My thoughts was that I needed that type of acceleration on straights at the track to keep up the big boys. Like I said earlier, the NSX holds it own on the turns, particularly with all of the suspension and aero mods that I have made and the new tires I will begin to use in September. But you have my attention concerning overheating. Twice at the track I had to exit a session early due to overheating on a hot day. I'm hoping the Masive radiator will help. I'm not sure what more could be done.

thanks for your input!
Boosted nsx's are so much fun to drive. I agree though, if you have a straight-away and a non boosted x, you will be passed by everyone... Your really pumping some dough into the car though! Congrats man.

Quite the modification list!
As for the supercharger, get one! It is very smooth,manageable power.

Slowly but surely my next set of mods are getting installed!

Got my Mark I Prestige front turn signals by Arch-Light installed. I chose the clear lens with the programmable amber LEDs and the white daylight running lights. I want to thank Young for his fantastic product and his excellent service!

At the end are my new (Used) Enkeis PF01, 17x8 +45 & 18x9.5 +35 wheels and Toyo Proxes RA (235/40/17 & 275/35/18). Thanks to Nick (9-Doors) for selling them to me!

Here are the parts and final OEM core with the Mark I Prestige front turn signals ready to be installed.

attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

Videos of Daytime Running Lights only, Daytime running lights with the turn signal on, Daytime running lights with the turn signal and head lights, Daytime hazard lights and last video shows my new turns signals compliment my headlight upgrade and my clear side marker with an amber LED light bulb (Please excuse my damaged front lip! I just bought the iLiFT system, and hopefully scarping the hell out of my front lip will be a thing of the past!):

[video]https://www.youtube.com/view_all_playlists[/video]

New (used) race wheels and tires:

attachment.php

Attachments

• Nearly assembled lens.jpg
    Nearly assembled lens.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 614
  • Various lens parts.jpg
    Various lens parts.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 626
  • Assebled lens.jpg
    Assebled lens.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 625
  • IMG_4026.jpg
    IMG_4026.jpg
    317.4 KB · Views: 612
Last edited:
Mod Update!

My mechanic is really busy installing the next batch of mods in time for me to drive to NSXPO in Orlando. This is what has been installed to date:

Voltex GT Carbon Fiber wing with gurney flap.
Light-weight Lithium battery.
Downforce Air Intake Scoop.
Masiv Radiator.
Dave T;s harness bar.
G-Force 5-Point Harness.
Complete OEM seats leather replacement w/ pin-hole style Alcantara center seat panels with yellow backing.
Arch-Light programmable LED front turn signals.
Arch-Light programmable LED tail Lights.
LED light bulb replacement kit for the: door, foot-well and dome light fixtures.
LED light bulb replacement kit for the: license plate, and side markers.
K & N Filter.
Science of Speed stealth license plate bracket.
MyLaps Transponder.
OEM front lip.
Euroboutique perforated and standard black leather wrapped steering wheel with yellow stitching, and a yellow leather band at the 12 o'clock position.
CTSC, a last minute add to my mod list, and is already partially installed.
LoveFab upper & lower titanium chassis braces.
LoveFab titanium engine bay brace.
Euroboutique perforated and standard black leather gear shift knob, with yellow stitching.
Front wheel well liner.

The balance of the mods that will be installed in December 2016 includes:

iLift Semi-Automatic System, Front & Rear.
Downforce NSX-R gas tank undertray.
Difflow 5-element rear diffuser (powder coated aluminum).

My mechanic has been taking photos of install work and final install look. Which, will be posted when every mod has been installed.

Last edited:
wow your wrench will be eating steak!:biggrin:.......hope to meet you at sebring..safe trip....don't take the ricer bait on the drive....that wing raises testosterone levels on all sport compact drivers:rolleyes:

Back