• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1999 6 speed black on black JH4NA2166XT000108

Status
Not open for further replies.
YEAR & MODEL (NSX or NSX-T): 1999 NSX-T
FULL VIN #: JH4NA2166XT000108
CURRENT MILEAGE: 73,034
COLOR (EXT/INT): Black/Onyx
TRANSMISSION: Manual
LOCATION OF VEHICLE: St Augustine, FL
CONTACT VIA (E-mail, PM, phone number, etc.): PM
PRICE: $49,900obo
· NUMBER OF OWNERS: Looks like I am the 6[SUP]th[/SUP] per Carfax
· SALVAGE/REBUILT TITLE HISTORY?: Nope
· CLEAN CARFAX/AUTOCHECK? Yes
· HISTORY OF ACCIDENTS? (IF YES, DETAILS): One on record in 2001. No details. Pretty well all paint on the metal body seems to be original, so I presume this was minor and limited to either front or rear bumper covers.
· HISTORY OF PAINT/BODYWORK? (IF YES, DETAILS): No history, paint seems to be original. I have been over the painted metal with one of my quality paint thickness gauges and pretty well all of it is less than 6mil. The only exception seems to be the driver-side rear quarter across the top which seems to be a little more, like 7-8 mils. I think this very unlikely to have been repainted though – seems like a very odd place to have been damaged. There are some marks on the lower driver’s door, and a light series of scratch marks on the trunk lid and top of the hood (which I should really try and get buffed out), along with the usual rock chips on the front of the car. Overall the paint really pops with no signs of swirls.
· MAINTENANCE HISTORY & DO YOU HAVE DOCUMENTATION? I have full docs since I bought it in June 2013, nothing available prior to then. Previous owner said it was lost in a move, but who knows? Carfax shows a lot of service records. Under my ownership:

June 2013, 67,867: Timing belt, water pump, belts, valve adjustment, oil change, air filter, glove box hinges, rear brake pads, trunk struts and coolant tank replaced by Steve the NSX tech at Weir Canyon Acura, Anaheim, CA
July 2013: New battery
April 2014, 69,899: front pads and rotors, oil change, AC head unit fixed by BrianK (usual full blast or zero fan problem)
December 2014, 71,837: replaced thermostat as was sticking open

CURRENT CONDITION OF TIRES, BRAKES, BELTS, HOSES, SUSPENSION COMPONENTS AND FLUIDS: No known issues. Brand new Kumho Ecsta XS tires, on stock 16/17 rims.
ANY KNOWN ISSUES: Nope, everything works as it should.
MODS if any (Are stock parts included in the sale?): Only mods are:

• Intraxx lowering springs giving the car a mild drop, see the photos. Came on the vehicle when I bought it. Easily rectified with stock springs if desired.
  • Smartenna. Obviously can be removed although why you would do that I don’t know.
  • Exhaust tips are dual tips. Came on the vehicle when I bought it. These can easily be swapped for less than $100 at any muffler shop. Could be done here in town if desired prior to taking ownership of the car, or swap in a stock NA2 muffler for $150.
  • EZ-lip in place of the stock front lower lip. As you know the stock lip has a propensity to crack on lowered cars. This car did not have the lower lip when I bought it so I put the EZ-lip on which does not look out of place at all and is removed in minutes if desired.

I have had the car just over two years, flew to California to buy it sight unseen, shipped it back. Selling the car as it has become a bit of a garage queen due to my nervousness parking it “just anywhere”. I started looking for a higher mileage coupe as a daily driver, and stumbled over a scruffy high mileage 91 CTSC locally, so bought that. The car drives extremely well, no issues, no leaks. Great oil pressure both when cold and hot (see photos). Both windows go up and down fine! CD changer and stereo all working OK, with the Smartenna addition. No real wear on the interior, minimal on the drivers bolster.

My PPI was done at Metro Acura in Monclair, CA and both they and Steve at Weir Canyon said it was one of the best NSXs that they had had in their shops. Nabil at First Class Auto in Orlando has also driven it and given it his blessing. Other local Primers have seen the car many times and it has twice seen action at NSXcapades in Orlando, and been featured twice in the Cars And Coffee at Amelia Island Concours D’Elegance.

If the stock rims don't do it for you, I have two alternatives: look for my ads in the Parts For Sale forum.

St Augustine is half way between Jacksonville and Daytona Beach and I can meet you at either airport if flying in. PPI is no problem, anywhere within a reasonable drive, suggest you use one of the two dealers in Jacksonville – Orange Park Acura (they have worked on both my NSXs, parts manager is a Prime member with a 1991) and Duval Acura (no knowledge of them at all, driven by the fact that they tried to charge me $567 to do the thermostat…). I don’t know anything about the Daytona or Orlando dealerships. Nabil in Orlando is a bit of stretch (90 minute drive) but we might be able to work something out with a deposit paid to prove you are serious.

I did a quick scan of the Prime NSX For Sale ads – there hasn’t been a 1999 for sale since December last year, more than 100 cars back so this is a pretty unusual find.

Note the photo of the two cars: the 1991 on the left sits a lot lower as sitting on trashed 15 year old H&R lowering springs.

Lastly, I have the original Carfax from when I bought the car two years ago in PDF.

Last edited:
Bump.

Sold, please close.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back