• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Which independent mechanic do you guys trust?

As the title states, I would like to know which independent mechanic would you guys trust to work on your NSX's? I used to have Larry Bastanza take care of my car when I was located in New York, till this day I can't find someone here on the island that I would trust that easily with the car. I can't even give the Acura dealership much praise after they needed advice from me on how to do things on my car.

Also can anyone recommend a shop that does a great job on wrapping cars?

Many thanks

So far I keep hearing good things about Paul (bonhamsurf's) mechanic, although I am still not sure where the shop is ~ obviously I haven't been there myself. I will need an oil pan replaced soon though so I might be able to give you a more detailed review soon.

So far I keep hearing good things about Paul (bonhamsurf's) mechanic, although I am still not sure where the shop is ~ obviously I haven't been there myself. I will need an oil pan replaced soon though so I might be able to give you a more detailed review soon.

Thanks, much appreciate it!

I've heard Paul's mechanic is good. He had dropped Paul's turbo motor a munch of times already so he is getting real good at it. Also Sonic Motorsports is another good place for routine maintenance on the NSX. They I've done timing belts and other maintenance items for local NSX owners before.

I've heard Paul's mechanic is good. He had dropped Paul's turbo motor a munch of times already so he is getting real good at it. Also Sonic Motorsports is another good place for routine maintenance on the NSX. They I've done timing belts and other maintenance items for local NSX owners before.

Thanks, I actually do know Sonic motorsports as they were the ones who dyno'd my car years back. Any info on Paul's mechanic? sounds good yet mysterious lol

Thanks, I actually do know Sonic motorsports as they were the ones who dyno'd my car years back. Any info on Paul's mechanic? sounds good yet mysterious lol

Seth, the owner of Sonic Motorsports now lives in Dallas, TX. He is the one who actually tuned my car. The only person who I will let touch my car is Wil Snyder at Static Performance.
He's completely rebuilt my car twice, including engine swaps, two different turbo kits, tranny swap, everything. You can visit
http://www.staticperformance.com/Contact for phone number, email and contact form. He just rebuilt my entire Turbo Kit and replaced all the valve springs in my car, I made 673whp and 494wtq on crappy Hawaii 92 octane pump gas.

Thanks, much appreciated

Following up. A few weeks ago I took my car to Wil at Static Performance, as recommended by Paul. It took some back and forth with Wil to establish an appointment and from what I've heard from others, Wil isn't the easiest to get ahold of but texting or calling is typically one's best bet. It took about a week from when I first texted him "hey I'm ready and have all the parts required" until an appointment got set up. Typically texts to him would be in 'waves' with short bursts of communication then silence for four or five days or so. This got me kinda worried about his reliability.

Once I dropped the car off though, things went very smoothly. I took the car to him on a Tuesday (after a last minute rescheduling on my part) to have headers installed and my oil pan replaced. Wil was happy to show us around the shop for a bit and let us check out the cars he was working on. The location is a little hard to find (really unexpected to see such an elaborate setup off a dirt road) but feels hidden/secure. If your NSX is low, I highly recommend iLIFT to cover the last 50 feet or so to the garage. After talking story for a bit, we left Wil to his work and the next afternoon, he texted me to let me know the car was ready for pickup. Payment was in cash, I got my old parts back and Wil gave a quick report on what he found/saw while he was under the car.

My overall impression is that Wil is definitely a solid mechanic first and the businessman side of things is secondary to that. This is probably not a big deal to most of his customers but because the NSX is the only car both my wife and I have to use, I felt a little worried that I could not count on Wil. However once my NSX was dropped off, things went quickly and efficiently and I was happy with the service.

Back