• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

At American Honda Motor Co. the original and the new NSX

That's a great shot. I think they should've left the first-gen's headlights down, but still a great shot.

Looks like they got rid of the keyhole in the driver's door :smile:
Added rear deck spoiler (option?)
Painted brake calipers (option?)
Blacked out trapezoid exhaust

Last edited:
I think you are mistaken simplife. Looking at the video Josh Kanode put up you can see the keyhole is still on the door.

Chicago downtown

They will be in St Louis next and a few weeks after that hopefully in Atlanta,plenty of pics and vids will be made then...

Attachments

• 10408578_10205632995997328_2061376407338081680_n.jpg
    10408578_10205632995997328_2061376407338081680_n.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 515
Where's the exhaust on this "touring model"? It looks like it's in the side vents instead of the middle bottom.

Here is car with same tag # showing car with exhaust in proper location. The other car is tag # 1 4 D2UA. Does appear to be missing in above photo though ??? Looking at another rear photo of the other car also shows exhaust in proper place beneath tag.

nsx st louis.jpg

new nsx x 2.jpg

Last edited:
As these cars travel from one city to another, it would be really nice to see the Original NSX and these new cars side by side. If some people people can arrange some pictures, it would be great to see.

As these cars travel from one city to another, it would be really nice to see the Original NSX and these new cars side by side. If some people people can arrange some pictures, it would be great to see.

Anyone have a link to information about this traveling road show? Would like to know the schedule if possible

It definitely looks better with the blacked out trapezoid exhaust. I hope that is how it comes standard. But the lingering question I still have is if they improved the look of the Rubbermaid like engine cover that was originally shown in Detroit?

Newest "tour" video of the car....

Note how you should be able to see the engine bay in this video, yet all you see is black. If you look on the passenger's side of the car you'll notice there's some poorly applied black-out material that's been attached to the windows which look into the engine bay. Is this to prevent overheating while in a hot place like Texas, or do they not want anyone to see the engine bay? I'm hoping it's the later since that would indicate they're still working on improving how it looks. :)

Or maybe the blacked-out rear window is solely for looks and that damn Rubbermaid engine cover is still there. :(

Last edited:
Newest "tour" video of the car....

Note how you should be able to see the engine bay in this video, yet all you see is black. If you look on the passenger's side of the car you'll notice there's some poorly applied black-out material that's been attached to the windows which look into the engine bay. Is this to prevent overheating while in a hot place like Texas, or do they not want anyone to see the engine bay? I'm hoping it's the later since that would indicate they're still working on improving how it looks. :)

Or maybe the blacked-out rear window is solely for looks and that damn Rubbermaid engine cover is still there. :(

Nice spot. I'm definitely hoping they've realised the engine bay view is at best weak, and at worst lame.

Amazing, build a car from scratch, then tack on bits and pieces before it's even released. Anyway, these are still pre-production cars so they still could be working on the aero.

I saw the 2 cars that are touring in Dallas today and part of the crew told me thatthis engine cover is a disguise and will not make it to production. He said "top mounted turbos" are being concealed - for now :wink:

Outstanding!

Back