• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Stop Tech Big Brake Kit Help

There is a new Brembo kit that is a 6 piston front and 4 piston rear. It's for a 18/19 setup. It's FAR too big for me but I know Brembo designed it for a customer. This is why suggested to Mario to call Brembo. I was betting they'd be able to put something together if they don't already have a public kit available.

Yes you're right. The old Lotus Brembo setup was a 50/50 setup.

But also the GT kit was 50/50:

https://www.scienceofspeed.com/index.php/nsx/bpp/brake-kits/brembo-gran-turismo-big-brake-kit.html

http://daliracing.com/v666-5/catalog/index_browse_part.cfm?focus=307

If Brembo offers a a new kit 6/4 piston but for 17/18 setup with the right Bias i would be interested too!!! specially if Brembo used the new GT-R kit:

http://www.brembo.com/en/car/sporting-use/gt-r-braking-system

Last edited:
For the nsx brembo provides two different GT Systems brake options for us. Essentially the bigger 6piston/4 piston monobloc set up ( 1M1.8056A,
2P1.8055A ) requires 18"+ wheels to fit, the rotors are also larger both front and rear on this set up...

...And then the one that uses the f40/f50? calipers front and rear. (1A1.6001A,2A1.6001A), Which i personally have my car. If I remember correctly the front and rear calipers look identical.

As far as the E-brake goes, I believe Brembo uses one caliper design for he e-brake but incorporates a different bracket depending on the chassis being installed to.

So one can possibly use the ebrake caliper and fabricate a bracket up for a different brand bbk as long as the width of the rotor is similar to what brembo uses.

http://www.racetechnologies.com/productoverview19-1280/2000_Acura_NSX

Last edited:

Thanks very much for the information! Those Brembo GT-R Brakes are $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$:eek:

Highly doubt it. It simply won't fit the fronts... but cross your fingers. You can be the first experiment? :)

Well... no way the 6 pot / 355 mm setup will fit inside my GC-07J 17x7.5 + 34 front wheels... It's FAR too big

It would be nice if the 4pot/4pot 328 mm setup had the right Bias... anyone can confirm if Brembo changed the pistons sizes?

Last edited:
The bias also depends on the radius where the caliper clamps, so just having equal calipers front and rear does not necessarily mean the bias is wrong.

Agree, though surprisingly the rotor diameter is a proportionately small component in overall brake torque. For example, the math of the Racing Brake oversized rotors that works with the OEM brake calipers only increases brake torque by about 10-12%.

It's how i'm able to run a 13" front and a 14" rear and with moderate piston size adjustments still works out to 60% front bias.

- - - Updated - - -

In my experience, the extra diameter works great for cooling though.

Nice looking brake kits. But I do not see an nsx big brake kit listed on the web. Will they be available soon?

I don't think I've ever heard of anyone running a r1 concept bbk other than their rotors.

I spoke with the owner and he says they are now available for the NSX. Pat with the white Veilside NSX replaced his Stoptech setup with the R1 BBK. Ask for Kenny in sales to set you guys up.

After some brief research I've come across this thread here.

http://www.gt40s.com/forum/superformance-gt40s/29277-show-me-your-emergency-hand-brake-calipers.html

There seems to be a few aftermarket companies. I guess brembo being the gold standard. If all else fails I'm thinking the brembo nsx rear parking brake kit would fit Stoptech? I'm pretty sure I saw a picture floating around somewhere. On top of the fact the Stoptech rotors are 330x28 and I believe the brembo gt 4 piston ones most have are 328x28? If member serves me right when I took off my old big brake kit the e brake mount mounts to the car itself, not onto anything from whatever specific kit.

Anyone confirm that brembo's parking brake kit fit stoptechs?

I have the Brembo E-Brake on my NSX with Stoptech BBK. You should be able to source the E-Brake separately but it costs around $1000. If my car isn't sold, you can see it at XPO.

I have the Brembo E-Brake on my NSX with Stoptech BBK. You should be able to source the E-Brake separately but it costs around $1000. If my car isn't sold, you can see it at XPO.

Awesome information! I won't be at expo but that's just the confirmation I needed.

To bad your selling your nsx but I'm sure whatever you put in your garage next will be stunning!

I also have the stoptech kit with the brembo e-brake kit ( been running like that for years) after seeing the stoptech redesigned e-brake caliper (it's no wonder they discontinued it) I'm sure glad I got the brembo e-brake years ago.

That being said, I still wouldn't trust it on an incline.

I also have the stoptech kit with the brembo e-brake kit ( been running like that for years) after seeing the stoptech redesigned e-brake caliper (it's no wonder they discontinued it) I'm sure glad I got the brembo e-brake years ago.

That being said, I still wouldn't trust it on an incline.

Ah that's very disappointing. I was hoping and heard they have the best e brake caliper. Well it can't be worse than my previous setup at least.

Ah that's very disappointing. I was hoping and heard they have the best e brake caliper. Well it can't be worse than my previous setup at least.

No, the quality is great - it's just they don't seem to have much power.

I suspect that they would be fine on an incline, even those of Vancouver since they are OEM on many cars including the R8 and Viper for sure and I think the new ZO6 with the Brembo Ceramic

Maybe it's just a matter of the mechanical ratio in the NSX. I also have the Brembo e-brake and it does not hold particularly strongly. It takes a solid pull on the lever, to the point where it seems like it will stress the various components.

I would make sure that your cables are adjusted or the pads are OK since I only pull a short distance. In regards to the other vehicles, heavier cars than the NSX and to be honest, I never worried about the stock ebrake but since most cars pull on the rear caliper itself vs using a separate caliper, I would assume that the stock brake is "stronger"

Unless future uses a design that you attach the cable to the rear calibers then it's just another add on. I've never seen aftermarket calipers used for braking and e brake function. With that said I'd be interested to see what they use since most companies just outsource the e brake anyways. Calipers made in Taiwan are common with other components sourced.

Well I just bought my rear Stoptech trophy kit so now all I'm looking to add is the e brake.

Can anyone confirm that when ordering the brembo e brake kit for the Nsx gt kit that brembo makes the parking brake brackets will work?

I'm only worried now that the offset of the rotor hats brembo vs Stoptech are different but Wil or Tim can you guys chime back in?

Also daliracing has the brembo listed at 1050 but that may be old pricing. Anyone else have a vendor recommendation?

The rear stoptech package on SOS website now says it includes the ebrake?

Back