• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Are these flares tacky or not?

So I'm a big fan of the Liberty Walk 458 ferrari kit. And I know bolt on flares are'nt for everyone but is this kit to tacky? I'd like your thoughts, good or negative.

http://pinsta.me/tag/ccsna1

BTW, I'm not looking for the Hella flush look. My wheels would set properly.

Last edited:
Yuck. I am thinking rocket bunny here. It does look as those people of the 24 and under demographic seem to really like this. I like to comment but try not to judge. But these look worse then gruppe m fender flares. It does look cool and original, I wouldn't buy them them though if it were me.

Not a fan. I mean, I get that this guy modified his car for aesthetics and was willing to give up driveability and performance to do that. That's fine, it's his car. However this hella-flush-bro/stanced-out-y0 thing is just a phase, a trend. A few years from now these guys will just as outdated as the neon underglow/Bomex guys.

Theres a set for sale in the classifieds. I had no plans on the hella flush stance but to run my current factory alignment. It is a big commitment to install these and theres technically no turning back without new fenders. So while I feel "if it's your car, do with it as you feel" but I do very much appreciate honest opinions to sway me not to butcher my car.

I wouldn't do it. If you want wider fenders FXMD and GT Theory will have wider fenders. It keeps your OEM intact. For just that reason alone, the loss of your OEM fenders, I wouldn't do it. Also don't forget you are looking at photography, not live. Photos are always taken at the most flattering angles.

That kit looks good at some angles as Turbo stated, I agree with the purchase of the GT Theory quarter panels or sweet talk Chris Brandon and get some of his bolt on flares made. Those chicochopshop ones are extremely bulky on the rear and darker color cars seem to conceal the true looks of them. I have never seen them in person but from the side profile they clearly look like they should not be there at all and are just tacked on and do not flow with the bodylines

Apparently there are 3 cars out there with these. The original black one that made the flares, the cherry red one, and a silver semi-stockish one. I've never seen pictures of the silver. I think that would be the most telling since it seems to be the least aggressive example.

FB_IMG_1435784627796.jpg.

Last edited:
Oh lawd no.

Guys I appreciate your help. I'll kill the deal in my head. Normally I make up my own mind but sometimes a nudge from friends really is the way to go. :wink:

The black one looks pretty slick but you can still see the line on the fender.
But anyways, glad everyone here could make you decide. No one wants a fat bloated nsx you can't drive fast. Well, MOST people don't.

Do what ever makes you happy.... I personally think it looks like shit.

I would much rather just go with a proper wide body kit if you are going for that look though....

Btw, I don't think it is tacky...I think it is actually bolted on:eek::biggrin::tongue:

Back