• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Welcome back JZNSN2U Meet/Cruise

Hey everyone! I'm coming back to Oahu, August 18-September 2nd! I'm really excited because I stillhave my NSX waiting for me in Hawaii. I was wondering if everyone would be willing to come together for a meet and cruise around the island?! Saturday August 22, at 11am meet up at Kakaako Waterfront parking lot. Depart at noon, drive through Waikiki wrap around Makapu'u and drive to North Shore to eat at Giovanni's or Kahuku Shrimp truck's. :D This plan is not final yet. Depending on how this fits everyone schedule, we can adjust this meet spot and cruise points. I was trying to find a place to eat at with a friendly parking lot to take photos of all of our cars. All I could think of was the North Shore area. If anyone would like to contribute any ideas to making this a better experience please feel free to bring it up in the comments!!!- Jayson

tumblr_ns3thq5ToU1r98lhbo1_1280.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Jayson,

From what I've seen, we would have to meet at Kaka'ako Waterfront much earlier than 11am on a Saturday if we wanna be anywhere near each other. It is highly likely we would have to choose a different place to meet.

Going through Waikiki and around Makapu'u to North Shore sounds good. I drove this route just last week and road conditions are generally good; they get much shittier around Laie though and definitely shit from Turtle Bay to Haleiwa. There are some side pockets/park areas where we can take pics too, esp. near Chinaman's Hat.

As for scheduling; I'm down for whatever. Just wanna meet up and cruise with some other NSXs. :biggrin:

As long as we don't get harassed by the cops in Waikiki. I haven't cruised through Waikiki in years so I'm not sure if its still sketchy or not. That used to be the no recon danger zone in the past. LOL Giovanni is cool, but pretty expensive now days. Could be really hot as well. Maybe we could find a place to eat out that way and make reservations? Either way, let's start planning something.

I'm definitely down. Kam Hawaii from Kaimuki all the way to Haunama Bay is all fresh paved so nice to drive, plus the curves past the bay to Sandy Beach are fun. However, I'm game for anything.

Hey Jayson,
From what I've seen, we would have to meet at Kaka'ako Waterfront much earlier than 11am on a Saturday if we wanna be anywhere near each other. It is highly likely we would have to choose a different place to meet.
Going through Waikiki and around Makapu'u to North Shore sounds good. I drove this route just last week and road conditions are generally good; they get much shittier around Laie though and definitely shit from Turtle Bay to Haleiwa. There are some side pockets/park areas where we can take pics too, esp. near Chinaman's Hat.
As for scheduling; I'm down for whatever. Just wanna meet up and cruise with some other NSXs. :biggrin:
Sound's Good! We just need a meet up spot near town. I can take the group photos at different areas when we actually start the cruise. I was thinking Kaka'ako would be a good meet up spot/ roll out within the hour. It's either that or Starbucks at Moanalua shopping center. A chill spot to grab a drink before the cruise. LMK what you guys think.

As long as we don't get harassed by the cops in Waikiki. I haven't cruised through Waikiki in years so I'm not sure if its still sketchy or not. That used to be the no recon danger zone in the past. LOL Giovanni is cool, but pretty expensive now days. Could be really hot as well. Maybe we could find a place to eat out that way and make reservations? Either way, let's start planning something.
We should be fine if no one's speeding through Waikiki. If we don't eat at Giovanni's / Romy's we can all agree to find some other place on the way. I like the plan for making reservations how does Outback Steak house in Hawaii Kai sound?

I'm definitely down. Kam Hawaii from Kaimuki all the way to Haunama Bay is all fresh paved so nice to drive, plus the curves past the bay to Sandy Beach are fun. However, I'm game for anything.
Sounds good bro!

- - - Updated - - -

This Flyer is not Final. I'm open to all ideas and feedback. Also, let's keep this within NSX owner's as much as possible. With that being said I'm going to invite a couple of my close friends to help me take rolling shots of the cruise.

tumblr_ns3thq5ToU1r98lhbo1_1280.jpg

Last edited:
I'm down but unfortunately i'll be leaving to New York City on the 20th of Aug. Other then that my schedule is flexible.

I am driving Waikiki frequently (both day and night) and so far I've had no issues from police. The only time I got questioned was Ala Moana Park for not having a front plate, but as long as we are not stirring up trouble on Kalakaua I think there is no issue. Motorcycles still gather almost nightly it seems right next to Waikiki Beach.

I am driving Waikiki frequently (both day and night) and so far I've had no issues from police. The only time I got questioned was Ala Moana Park for not having a front plate, but as long as we are not stirring up trouble on Kalakaua I think there is no issue. Motorcycles still gather almost nightly it seems right next to Waikiki Beach.

Same here, no issues in Waikiki for me other then compliments from 2 officers.

Yes, this is still on. Sorry for the late update fellas, I got promoted to section chief so work has been taking up most of my time on and off duty. The only change is, we're relocating the meet up site to Ala Moana mall Top floor @ Nordstrom parking!!!

- - - Updated - - -

tumblr_nt0464u4aP1r98lhbo1_1280.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

tumblr_nt04jnXA4m1r98lhbo1_1280.jpg

Unfortunately my NSX is down. I was doing a 3rd gear pull and the ECU rebooted, causing the engine to detonate with the crankshaft in the wrong position, which means I now need new bearings and crankshaft. Soooooo.... going with a Brian Crower 3.4L stroker kit.

Unfortunately my NSX is down. I was doing a 3rd gear pull and the ECU rebooted, causing the engine to detonate with the crankshaft in the wrong position, which means I now need new bearings and crankshaft. Soooooo.... going with a Brian Crower 3.4L stroker kit.

Hey Paul! Awhh man!!! You're welcome to come cruise bro! You can drive my stock nsx while I take photos of it lol! Soo..... are you looking to hit over 1000+HP now?!?? Btw I'll be coming back to Hawaii next week so I'll come visit you at your new shop sometime!

FYI the best way to get to the meeting spot is to go towards Diamond Head (Eastbound) on Kapiolani Blvd. From this direction, there is only one dip/sidewalk to cross to get into the Nordstrom parking structure, no speed bumps at all and all the ramps are gently sloped. Top floor is shared with the One Ala Moana condo residents entrance but there is plenty of space and that floor rarely gets a lot of use.

Warning though: unlike most other Ala Moana Shopping Center parking, the Nordstorm parking structure is two-way in all directions. People tend to forget this and drive right down the middle of ramps thinking it is one-way, so turn corners carefully.

Currently estimated to be a 60 percent chance of rain on Saturday so that's what.... 100 percent once we're Windward?

Don't be a pussy. NSXs don't rust. Bring your car out anyways and come meet and hang out with other NSXers.

I'll be there. I let Steven know and he will come out if he can get his car running again. I think he said he is down and waiting for a part to come in this week.

Great drive and good to see folks again. In total there were four NSXs: Steven Lee, ChrisK, Jayson (came out after all!) and me. I am really looking forward to more drives in the future. Thanks guys!

Looks good, ChrisK! Noah and I realized we had made plans for that day, but as he said, we'll be there next time!

Back