• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Top 10 things that annoy me - how bout you?

When your stuck in traffic because of construction where two lanes are going into one and people speed up in the lane that's closing to get as close as possible to area of the lane closure and thus causing further delays for the folks that are waiting in traffic.

Actually, those people are doing it right. It's the people merging early that are causing the trouble. Cite: The beauty of zipper merging, or why you should drive ruder

- - - Updated - - -

As an IT worker, the #1 thing that annoys me are people who say "I'm not a computer person" as if that is some kind of excuse for their ignorance.

You work with a computer 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. The computer is a tool of your job. You should endeavor to learn how to use it. Can you imagine a carpenter claiming "I'm not a hammer person"? Pretty much everyone lives near a community college that offers computer classes. For $50 and one night a week for 12 weeks, you can enhance your career, and not need to call IT for every little thing.

Note to self for nobody else to read: Glad to hear someone else is really tired of Brucelyn Jenner. Not sure why Steve singled out those types of drivers - pretty much all but maybe 5% of drivers are lousy and downright scary. Last, this is not the thread to share that occasional yoga can make you feel amazing. So keep that to yourself. End of note to self

I am CEO of my household....................unless my wife says otherwise!

Rephrased in my house: "I make all the decisions....until she disagrees".

+1 on selfie sticks and left lane hogs (a big no-no in Europe).

Overuse of the word "awesome".

Overuse of the word "hero".

Oh, and my wife is Dutch...:eek:)

When you need to turn right at an intersection and you pull up and look left to see if traffic is clear, only to have the person in the next lane move forward a bit. They are probably just letting off the brake in anticipation of the light changing, but sometimes it blocks your view enough that you cannot turn and just have to wait.

When people take their sweet ass time turning left. If there is more than a 20 foot space between cars, it just makes me want to slap some one. In Dallas, every street is a divided road and left turn lights are short, so be considerate and don't make it so others have to sit there for another 5 minutes for the light to change.

When the software I use to do my job gets in the way of itself. I do 3d artwork and some of the most basic operations require the use of horrible interfaces that randomly don't accept number pad input, don't respond to tab and enter keys and require switching your right hand from mouse to keyboard multiple times just to do a basic operation.

Here's my list:

1) Having to go to work.
2) Dealing with people at work.
3) People who protest just to cause anarchy.
4) Traffic while sitting in a manual nsx.
5) White people acting like they are hip hop moguls.
6) Shitty neighbors.
7) California air resources board.
8) People who call trash rubbish.
9) Country music.
10) Pop music.

See my previous post on "Driving pet peeves". I think I listed over 30. So, .....

Adding a few more in the vein of this thread:
1. Driving pet peeves
2. Getting older.
3. Absent-mindedly pitting something down and not remembering where. See #2 .
4. iphone keyboards.
5. People at airport gates who take up seats with their bags when people are standing because there are no more seats.

One thing that annoys me pretty bad is how wasteful people are. Just moments ago I see freaking stack of napkins she grabbed (one can easily use two) and used you guessed only three/four. Rest left on the table to be thrown away. Brainless part of society.

b2d8827fbaa7ad585741379217094d8a.jpg

feb8ec58c84febf388195f972ae5485f.jpg

Last edited:
Just thought of more.

6. Commercials in general, TV, radio, whatever. Especially for products I can't actually purchase myself. Can someone PLEASE explain why the national evening news is one ad after another for prescription drugs? I CAN'T BUY PRESCRIPTION DRUGS WITHOUT MY DOCTOR PRESCRIBING THEM. I SHOULDN'T BE ASKING MY DOCTOR ABOUT THESE PRODUCTS. DOESN'T MY DOCTOR KNOW WHAT IS BEST FOR ME?!?!? (P.S. I am thankful that at just a few months short of 60 I'm not on any medications.)

Last edited:
5. People at airport gates who take up seats with their bags when people are standing because there are no more seats.

People at airport baggage pick-up who crowd the carousel like pigs at the feed trough so nobody can easily see and walk to their bag, rather than everybody stand just a few feet away. There can't be a single person on earth who isn't annoyed by that but they all do it each and every time.

People at airport baggage pick-up who crowd the carousel like pigs at the feed trough so nobody can easily see and walk to their bag, rather than everybody stand just a few feet away. There can't be a single person on earth who isn't annoyed by that but they all do it each and every time.
Thats why I get good and drunk on the plane. To deal with the agony and stress of dealing with a heard of cattle when landing.

1. People who don't know how to merge into traffic. The traffic is moving at 70 and they think people will just slow down to the 45 mph they are traveling down the on ramp...so they stop.
2. I spend half a day cleaning and waxing my car. Then five miles down the road some dufus with a fire hose for window washers decides he wants to wash every ones windows up to a mile behind him. And you can bet his windows never get clean because none of that cheap blue liquid ever hits his windshield.
3. Prius' and Buicks in the fast lane.
4. Riced up JDM, primer gray, bondo blobs with $5 fart can exhausts that want to race an NSX on a public highway.
5. Crotch rockets that want to race an NSX on public roads or any race course or drag strip and think I'd be stupid enough to try.
6. Negative political ads that assume the average voter is stupid.....oh wait they could be right.
7. Nine cop car speed traps that by shear coincidence seem to pop up when the city announces a budget deficit. I guess all violent crimes have been solved to have that many cars sitting around waiting for one poor bastard to break the speed limit by 3 mph.
8. Those 15 stupid subscription cards that fall out of every magazine I'm subscribed to.
9. Cars with subs so loud that seismometers 200 miles away pick them up as 3.5 earthquakes. BTW what makes a person think that everyone within the state wants to hear their music?
10. All telemarketing calls. If I'd want to buy what they were selling, I'd call them. Then again maybe I wouldn't because I'm pissed because I missed the last play of a close game.
11. Top Ten Lists.

Last edited:
Forgot a couple ones I really really hate!!!

1. Saggin...wtf??? Dude pull up your fuggin paints!!! Should be arrested for stupidity, let alone indecent exposure... No one wants to your ass and your cool underwear!!!

2. Stanced out cars...especially performance cars like r8's, gTr's, And even our own NSX... Stretched out tires with whack ass camber, scraping on everything in sight should be left to civics if you must ruin a car to look cool. No offense to those who are into that kinda thing...:redface:

Yinzer, don't get me started on air travel - as a frequent flyer, the best thing I ever did was get a set of Bose noise cancelling headphones, an inflatable lower back pillow, and learn how to sit and wait for everyone else to get off the plane first while reading a book/mag. Watching folks take their sweet old time to pull their bags down, put their jacket on etc while 100 people sit waiting their turn.....ugh. And totally agree on the carousel issue. Teaching my kids to be respectful and to actually think about what they are doing and the impact on others.

Yinzer, don't get me started on air travel - as a frequent flyer, the best thing I ever did was get a set of Bose noise cancelling headphones, an inflatable lower back pillow, and learn how to sit and wait for everyone else to get off the plane first while reading a book/mag. Watching folks take their sweet old time to pull their bags down, put their jacket on etc while 100 people sit waiting their turn.....ugh. And totally agree on the carousel issue. Teaching my kids to be respectful and to actually think about what they are doing and the impact on others.

I'm so surprised and of course happy that most people don't get this. Just put yourself a bit outside the timeframe that everyone else is doing things and you miss the crowds. A good example for me, when everyone is crowding the boat launch at the marina I'm still sleeping. An hour later the place is close to empty and I'm on the water without waiting. This works with driving, drive-thru's, grocery store lines, you name it.. it works.

As for crazy drivers... it's easy to pick them out and I only see a couple a year tailgating me. :D

Last edited:
BONUS:

The Politically Correct police. There seems to be a bumper crop of individuals with WAY TOO much time on the their hands.
If they can find offense to something they are on it. You could not like chocolate pudding and risk being labeled an anti- puddite.

Guys that absolutely must use the stall toilet standing up instead of the freely open and available urinal.

Oh, they might put up the seat but never fail to leave drops of urine on the rim.

Not sure which bothers me more right now... Prius left lane hogs or people driving their Ram trucks with the towing mirrors extended all the way out when they are not towing anything. Its the vehicular version of Dumbo.

Other things that annoy me.

This is directed to our English-speaking audience, and mostly, those in the U.S.: misuse of the English language, in particular, use of pronouns, and further in particular, misuse of pronouns as the object of a preposition.

We are trying SO HARD to sound right, that we are incorrect. I hear it in casual conversation, and I hear it on television broadcasts, and it makes me nuts. Maybe it’s Jim Morrison’s lyric “Till the stars fall from the sky for you and I.” that started it all. Maybe it was happening way before then.

Some examples:
“Susie went to the store with Mike and I.”

It should be “Susie went to the store with Mike and me.” We are trying so hard to not use “me” incorrectly, as in “Me and Mike went to the store with Susie” that we are over-using “I” when it should not be used. Unless your name is “Cookie Monster”.

You wouldn’t say “Susie went to the store with I”, right? You wouldn’t say “Susie went to the store with I and Mike”, would you? So why would anyone say “Susie went to the store with Mike and I”?

Another one that gets me, and Leigh Diffey on NBC race broadcasts does this A LOT, is “between he and …. “ Is English different in Australia to the point grammar is this different? I don’t think so.

Now, I am sure I get plenty wrong when it comes to grammar (likely even in this post), but misuse of pronouns bothers me more than it should.

(Speaking of race coverage, Steve Matchett really needs to stop saying "absolutely". During F1 Countdown pre-race coverage he usually utters the word in the first sentence out of his mouth. I've made a game of it and count. Hungary he said it 27 times in just over two hours. Add in Hobbs using it and it's like fingers on a chalkboard to me (yeah, there's a current reference, eh?). Now that I noticed it I can't NOT notice it.)

Sorry, the 1.5 hour commute to work this morning, double what it is when school is out for the summer, got me in a pissy mood this morning.

---- Edit----
Oooh, wait, one more: car ads that depict a new model cruising down the road, well within its intended usage parameters, apparently at or under the speed limit, doing nothing extraordinary, with a disclaimer on the screen "Professional driver on closed course - do not attempt."

So, what, I'm not supposed to use that model car to go from point A to point B?

Last edited:
Forgot a couple ones I really really hate!!!

1. Saggin...wtf??? Dude pull up your fuggin paints!!! Should be arrested for stupidity, let alone indecent exposure... No one wants to your ass and your cool underwear

From my understanding this originates from criminals wearing multiple layers of clothing so they can shed off the top layer to throw off police descriptions of what they were wearing when the crime was committed. On days they were too lazy to do laundry and weren't planning on committing a crime... only having their oversize clothing to wear, we were all graced with ability to see their underpants.

With the gangster persona being glorified within certain cultures this method of dressing rapidly caught on for those who might not even be planning criminal behavior.

Back