• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any thoughts on JH4NA1151NT000015? 1992 BBSC in NJ

Hello there,

I was looking into this car on ebay recently (http://www.ebay.com/itm/16177432995...2&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME:X:AAQ:MOTORS:1123) and found it to be quite a good deal. It is a 1992 with the 02-05 front end conversion, type R wing, and only 70k miles on the clock. Though it is a bit older and higher in price, my main concern is with the Basch supercharger. Some say it has minimal low end torque and without proper engine/fuel management (which this has) it can make the engine go bust. Also, in order to register it in NJ I'll probably need HFCs installed. Any other things I should be cautious about? Seeing all these JDM parts makes me worried as I am not sure how well they all work together. Thanks!

I know the owner is here on prime but I would like to ask your general opinion about the car. I'm looking for a weekend car with revamped interior that is definitely not stock. For engine I would prefer N/A but the SC is not a dealbreaker.

It comes down to if you want a modded or stockish car. If you want it stockish keep looking as this one is highly modded. However, if you want the power and to be different here is the car. It's not really a BBSCed car as it is running a Paxton, which is a good thing.

Thanks. I took a look at the car and it looks good. Does anyone know how much a Paxton rebuild would cost? He mentioned it has about 8k or so miles before it should be rebuilt. I looked on their website and it says about $500 (http://www.superchargerrebuild.com/paxton/). This does not include labor and I am not sure if I was looking at the right rebuild kit.

Also he has a spare transmission with the sale. Since there is 70k mi on the car, is it still in danger of snap ring failure? (falls within snap ring range). How much is the snap ring fix if I have a spare transmission sitting around?

Also he has a spare transmission with the sale. Since there is 70k mi on the car, is it still in danger of snap ring failure? (falls within snap ring range). How much is the snap ring fix if I have a spare transmission sitting around?

Info on the snap ring: http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Troubleshooting/transmission.htm

It tends not to have too much to do with mileage - when it fails, it just fails. Given that he has a spare transmisison, good chance the tranny # is in snap ring range. You can ask for a photo of the tranny # though.

Dunno anything about Paxton.

Fair lawn isn't far from NYC - might want to hit up some of the NYC folks in the N.Eastern forum and see if they can recommend a shop with an experienced mechanic to have a look at it. Or if you are really lucky, you can get Larry B's blessing on the vehicle ;)

Thanks. I must've read that article 5 times by now since I joined nsxprime haha. The transmission turns out to not be in snap ring range and he is also throwing in a spare transmission he got from a salvage yard. I will keep my eye on the shifter when doing the test drive. ;)

If all goes well by this time tomorrow I will be an official NSX owner!

Back