• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Does anyone have a solution to add a rear tow hook?

Fortunately I've never had to be towed off the track. I have a front row hook just in case. I would like to add a rear one as well. Does anyone have a good solution for a rear tow hook that doesn't require cutting up the car at all?

I have the dali one, it goes under the bumper support in the back. I'd say skip it if you see one around for sale (discontinued) as where it attaches is not as structural as you'd want it if someone were trying to yank you out of deep sand or mud. It may be fine if you have a mechanical issue on a hard surface and but if that's the case your usually not gunna get pulled from the back. I use mine primarily for whacking my shin on in the garage. I was working on ideas for one that I'd feel ok about actually using. I shelved it when I got my other track car(s) and didn't have such a need for it anymore.

Thanks Will, Thats what I thought. I didn't think there were any readily available solutions.
Ha! "I use it primarily for whacking my shin on in the garage"!

I attached my Dali hook to my alloy bumper beam. No cutting required, 8 holes in the beam and 4 long bolts. I assume this could be done on the oem steel beam but you'll likely go through a few drill bits.

Last edited:
There are several pics of it installed here: http://www.speedhunters.com/2018/02/batman-called-wants-nsx-back/#

Couple notes:

1. If you have an OEM lower valence, you'll need to drill a hole for the "pole" part of the hook to pass through
2. That "pole" part is relatively thin, thinner than I would have expected. Something sturdier would give me more peace of mind, but at least I have something instead of nothing.

The solutions that require drilling through the bumper beam are probably stronger.

Back