• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

value of Canadian 1997 NSX

How much would a mint condition, clean carproof, Canadian 1997 NSX with about 110 000kms be worth? All maintenance history available and services up to date.

I know it depends on how much each person would be willing to spend, but I would like some opinions.

thanks

Jacques, it depends on what needs to get done on the car. Here are something to consider.

- Timing belt and water pump is about $2500.00
- any accidents?
- maintenance records - what was done over the years?
- windows may need too be update or channels cleaned of old grease
- How are the tires? Are they in good shape?
- how are the brakes ?
- All the fluids need to be changed ...these are: brake,clutch and transmission oil ~ $400.00
- You may also want to get all the coolant hoses changed too ~$2000

All prices are an estimate.

If all these thing are A ok, then $64K is a good price, as you are buying 1 of 13 sold in Canada in 1997

Bram

If clutch needs replacing, perhaps even flywheel, it's another variable to take into account. I understand these are sturdy items from the factory but will require replacing sooner or later if never done previously. More knowledgeable participants should be able to make an estimate of the costs.

Thanks for the quick replies!

The seller provided me with the maintenance history. The Timing Belt and Water Pump were replaced at the dealer. No accidents, clean carproof. Tire, brakes in good shape, fluids changed recently.

Clutch appears to be original.

I'm not looking for a garage queen as I want to drive it on a regular basis. I'm used to daily driving a 987.1 and 987.2 Boxster S.

VIN: JH4NA2163VT800006

So the question that begs to be asked is when was the T-belt done? Acura recommends replacement fairly often; either 6 or 10 years depending on which owners manual you read.

The car also appears to be a Canadian car, so historically speaking they tend to have a marginally higher asking price than American cars.

To speak to the value, it's really anybody's guess right now as we seem to be in a bit of a bubble. I would say a nice clean early NA2 should be somewhere in the high 40's to low 50's.

Whatever you do, get a PPI from a reputable NSX mechanic. Is the car in the Montreal area currently?

Sean, I'm not sure you can get an NA2 for less than $60k these days in Canada....in the US ..yes

Low mileage NA1 stock is getting close to $50k these days.

:eek:

Last edited:
Sean, I'm not sure you can get an NA2 for less than $60k these days in Canada....in the US ..yes

Low mileage NA1 stock is getting close to $50k these days.

It's the red one at Autolook. They got it from a Kia dealer who didnt really know the value. They said it sold for $60k. I'd bet that they let it go for less.

Hi guys, your ex-pat Torontonian Jeff here in MI. Hope everyone is well.

Does above post mean someone traded an NSX in on of all things a Kia?? Hope not. Jacques, prices all over the map and the Cdn guys giving you good advice. Maybe take a look at Hagerty value charts for a /97 -- you will get a number or range in US$ (I suggest you look at "very good" and "good" condition -- no one really has a car in "excellent" condition at over 100K km) and then apply some factor to account for fact that these cars in Great White North command more dough than here in the US and probably have to factor in exchange rate even though you are not buying from US. Just some random thoughts for what they are worth. I own a rather pristine 49,000 mile 1994 Formula Red totally stock except for header to muffler system off an /04 NSX. All maintenance up to date and our NSX Guru in Ontario Rob Magro has told me that it is one of nicest /94s he has worked on. I think I can easily sell it for north of US 40K and I would not be surprised if touched US 45K or close to it. That being said, my guess is that a very good condition /97 in Ontario is at least 50K. Just a guess. Worst that happens is you throw them an offer on the low side and see what happens.

On a completely different topic Hugo was at my place today (at Bob Mick's as well) and did my driver side window -- wow! Huge improvement -- now goes up fast without any weird noises -- operates as new. Excellent allocation of US $200 and Hugo is a terrific guy (up and above his NSX skills). I watched him do part of the job -- very clear he's done this many, many times and he works methodically and very cleanly. He can probably do this job in his sleep by now. I highly recommend him and his kit for those of you with windows that need some help.

Best,
Jeff

I think the price high but right because there is nothing for sale. I have a 97 and never see it go on sale. Also I've noticed the price go up recently.

So the question that begs to be asked is when was the T-belt done? Acura recommends replacement fairly often; either 6 or 10 years depending on which owners manual you read.

:eek:

Just out of curiosity, which manual recommends a 10 year time interval? I seem to recall that Honda Canada was going with a 7 year interval if it was not changed earlier on the basis of distance.

Back