• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Suggestions on interior detailing spray

Anyone have suggestions on a good one that is scented? My friend has a wet/dry shop vac and I may go over the interior carpets in order to remove sweat/dirt.

For carpet I have always had great success with TuffStuff. As for interior cleaning I always use Lexol products. The leather cleaner, conditioner and Vinyl/Plastic/Rubber. decent smell and good product.

Hmmm thanks. I think I will try Meguiar's for the carpet first but definitely the Lexol for the vinyl/plastic/rubber. My friend bought chemical bros scent sampler and the new car smell was the only one worth using. However there's also a "stripper" smell which was pretty interesting haha- good way to prank some of your buddies' daily drivers. Oh and chemical bros also sells a brush you can plug into a drill for brushing the carpets down... pretty awesome!

One tip for carpet.
1:blow and brush the area first(get all loose dirt out)
2:pretreat your material with the cleaner and waite the time it says for it to work.
3:use your brush to scrub the debris out
4: soak up what you can (wet/dry shop vac)
5: use a brush with white rag and scrub away. You'll be able to see the debris in the rag and rotate it to clean areas of the rag to ensure its completely clean.

Have fun! Show us before and after pics!

is the pre or post dance stripper scent?.... Just kidding Id rather not know.

I have found that the most effective device for cleaning automotive carpets and fabric upholstery is a hot water carpet shampooer such as you can rent from a lot of supermarkets and home improvement centers. Make sure that it comes with the smaller upholstery nozzle. The floor nozzles are too large and clumsy for car cleaning. If the carpets have never been wet cleaned, you will be amazed / distressed at what they will pull out of the carpet and it will probably take two or three repeat cleans before you stop getting dirt in the reclaim water. The vacuum sucks enough of the cleaning water / solution out of the carpet such that on a hot day with the windows or the doors open, the carpets will be dry within an hour (although NJ humidity may extend the drying time).

The cleaning chemicals for the carpet shampooers are scented. Its non offensive and sort of reminds me of fabric softener. Definitely not before or after stripper! I am no fan of scented cars so I will generally give the car a shot of Fabreeze (and have to put up with that smell for a day or two).

Last edited:
lemon plegde works well on the interior.leaves seats a little slippery for the first 2 days or so,but that just makes getting in and out easy.I dont use it on the steering wheel though for the same reason.

I really love Zymol's interior products. Their Vinyl product (that's its name) is great for plastic, since it leaves a nice, long-lasting, satiny sheen without making the surfaces look or feel greasy. Their Treat product is wonderful for leather. Both have mild, very pleasant fragrances.

I tried Lexol and it works great! Seems to leave a sort of greasy feeling though. Hopefully it will prevent dust from sticking. Doesn't really have any hint of scent to it though.

Back