• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Updates from Monterey car week

I spent a little time talking to one of the sales anD marketing guys, here's what I was able to find out:

– Still finalizing specs, and then pricing. It didn't sound like he thought they were going to be announced this week.
– Orders will be taken through the website. Then go to the dealership to arrange financing. It was unclear how you could choose your dealer on the website, He assumed it is location-based with options to pick someone close.
– initial production for this year will be something around 200 cars
– Dealers will be selected for allocation based on sales volume and customer satisfaction, as well as (probably lesser extent?) ability to service and showcase the car
–Colors will be: white, black, blue, and the two versions of red you have seen touring
– Both the wheel options in recent photos will be available, Didn't seem like either was standard – you just have to pick one
– Ceramic brakes are an upgrade

That's about all I got!

What are the 2 versions of red? It looked like both the red cars had the same paint?
Do you know if the good looking wheels are forged?

give me a blue

I think the one at the NAIAS was a metallic/pearl red while the one that is currently driving around is non-metallic red.

CMVqBWvUcAIKLSB.jpg:large

Nouvelle Blue Pearl.

Yes.

Was just about to post that- you beat me to the punch ha ha.

You know it must be good if I can make those crappy wheels look decent!

guys I think we are turning this 200 rumor number into fact....it was mentioned in a post by a guy who heard from a guy......:rolleyes:

The blue one is sexy as hell

mmm, berlina black looking quite stunning...

acura-nsx-berlina-black-02[1].jpg

maybe for the extra redesign downtime 2016/2017:

Design modification #1 :
actually consider putting in a V8 engine instead of a V6 to justify the cost.

Design modification #2 :
How about some doors that will open with a little bit of a lift (not gull-wing), some hint that this car is actually a supercar..... (some of you will object)

Design modification #3 :
agree with everyone else the interior is crap, looks like a normal acura on the road today. Try McLaren interior, simple and awesome, just like the 1st gen NSX.

We'll see when it comes out in 2017.

guys I think we are turning this 200 rumor number into fact....it was mentioned in a post by a guy who heard from a guy......:rolleyes:

In this case it was from a Honda marketing guy, but then again that was at the beginning of the week and he also said deliveries would begin in 2015 – so who knows what impact the recently announced delay will have on the volume numbers, but certainly 2016 will afford much more time to manufacture many more cars.

Everyone is drunk and giddy at Monterey day 1 :biggrin:

The Nouvelle Blue Pearl looks stunning, Berlina Black (the color is offered in almost all Honda/Acura vehicles) isn't bad either, but why 2 different shades of red (Valencia Red Pearl and Rivazza (solid) Red)? I'm slightly disappointed with no offerings of Yellow or Orange shades?? WTF?

Can't wait to see how the new NSX will look like in Matte White, tho!

Not hating on current Brookland Green owners out there, but offering a green shade (Copse Green Metallic) (IMO) doesn't make much sense to me.

That black is the first time I've looked at this new gen and thought 'wow.'
It seems to unify the whole design so much more. Those wheels might help, too. Car is looking great.

Yeah I'm quite surprised there is no gray or silver. Those are very popular colours.

But that pearl red and blue are gorgeous. Too bad they are going to cost extra.

Black with saddle leather and optiion wheels for me. Silver calipers and steel rotors.

If they do an alcantara dashboard covering, I'd go for that too.

All I see on that stage is the blue! Are their other cars up there?

Blue is and looks awesome, the black looks EHH but than again I hear in person is a different ballgame. Still can't believe this is pushed back yet another year however you can't rush perfection.

Back