• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Updates from Monterey car week

One thing about the black though, those weird eyelash looking things in the bumper do not stick out.I do like the wheels on the blue one though. They are more concave.

maybe for the extra redesign downtime 2016/2017:

Design modification #1 :
actually consider putting in a V8 engine instead of a V6 to justify the cost.

Design modification #2 :
How about some doors that will open with a little bit of a lift (not gull-wing), some hint that this car is actually a supercar..... (some of you will object)

Design modification #3 :
agree with everyone else the interior is crap, looks like a normal acura on the road today. Try McLaren interior, simple and awesome, just like the 1st gen NSX.

We'll see when it comes out in 2017.

I like the short block of the V-6 and dont see what an eight offers over it. Porsche seems to think a six is enough for its $180K 911 Turbo.

I do like your suggestion for design mod 2 though the 458 doesnt have anything special.

I saw two NSXs (1st Gen) "in the wild" in/around Pebble Beach this week. A yellow one and a red with carbon fiber/black hood. They looked great!

The Nouvelle Blue Pearl looks stunning, Berlina Black (the color is offered in almost all Honda/Acura vehicles) isn't bad either, but why 2 different shades of red (Valencia Red Pearl and Rivazza (solid) Red)? I'm slightly disappointed with no offerings of Yellow or Orange shades?? WTF?

Can't wait to see how the new NSX will look like in Matte White, tho!

Not hating on current Brookland Green owners out there, but offering a green shade (Copse Green Metallic) (IMO) doesn't make much sense to me.

I think those are first year colors. Remember, in 91 the color offering was limited also. I spoke with one of the engineers driving one of the NSX 2.0s through Austin and he said there are some things yet to be resolved but will be soon regarding what will be available options and colors. He said the metallic colors are optional and will be expensive due to the process used to apply them and the special clear coat covering them. He couldn't elaborate on the clear coat as that's not his area. But the process is much more extensive than the paint process used on our current cars. Also, he said there are likely to be more interior and exterior options to be added later. So there is still a good chance that variations of some of the colors we have grown to love will be offered later. Right now they are very focused on just getting the car as close to perfect and reliable as possible before it's rolled out for delivery.

The 200 unit number doesn't sound accurate to me. Unless something changed since NSXPO in Ohio last year when Ted Klaus or maybe it was the manufacturing director that mentioned 1000 units per year at our banquet.

That black is the first time I've looked at this new gen and thought 'wow.'
It seems to unify the whole design so much more. Those wheels might help, too. Car is looking great.

i don't like black cars but would have to agree, the front of the car looks heaps better in black, without all the separation of the different panels emphasized by the different colours...

Back