• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Hwy 25 to Harris Ranch drive

What: a spirited drive to Harris Ranch for lunch
When: Saturday, Aug 29 leaving Bay Area at around 9:00am

I drove the route last weekend to verify a good route and it'll be a great drive. We're not going be cruising, but we won't be anywhere near the limits of the car, either. Just a nice pace that's enough to be interesting. We'll be using 2-way radios and the channel will be selected at the meetup point before we leave.

As the title implies, the half-way point will be at Harris Ranch. We'll get some food and then hit the road back. There will be a stop on the way there and another on the way home.

This is about 75% recycled material (yojack1 led the original drive) but I made a few shortcuts to simplify the route (we won't miss any of the fun parts). Those of you who went on the original drive will remember that the return route was the better half but when I drove that route back home it was a lot bumpier and had a lot of gravel and dirt in the lanes so we're just taking the same route back home as we take to get there. Those of you who do not wish to take the wiggly roads home can just jump on 5 back.

I'll post details as the drive gets closer, like meeting place, departure time and route. This is just to get a list going. Who's in?

1. 02#154

J

Last edited:
Okay, looks like we have 3 takers. Here are the details.

We'll leave Starbucks at 5034 Mowry Ave in Fremont at 9am. We should get there at like 815-830 to get a quick coffee and talk for a bit.

https://goo.gl/maps/SVvbQ

We'll hop on 880S to
101S to
25S to
198E
which basically brings us right to Harris Ranch. Drive time estimate by Google maps puts it at 3.5hrs but we'll probably be a little faster than that.

We'll eat some food at Harris Ranch, re-fuel if necessary, then head back home.

It turns out that Dhalsim has some repairs needed on his vehicle so we're going to take the more direct way back home so that we can maximize the daylight we have to work.

Any questions, post here.

I'll have two radios (so, one extra). There's a Chevron across the street from the Starbucks but try to have enough fuel to cover the drive before meeting up.

J

Last edited:
Cool..........that is the first part of the route we are taking to NSXPO on the "Bay to Play" caravan.

Back