• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

SOS ITB 48mm - Filter options? Box maker?

Was wondering what everyone's doing to filter the air into their ITBs? It seems like SOS won't have a carbon fiber air box done till the next millennium.

So what's everyone using? SOS recommended looking for socks to put over the horn? Maybe a screen? Or can anyone direct me to someone that can build me a carbon fiber air box that can gather air from side vents?

We do have an extra set of micro-mesh covers that we originally used on our ITB set up (similar to the link above). I believe the diameter changes slightly depending on the length of the horn you have. That diameter would need to be verified. I would be willing to sell the set we have if anyone was interested.

Last edited:
I take it I am the only person who got the SOS box.

I know Uni makes a decent set of filters for the S2k setup, can't see them not working on ours!

ITB filters

Was wondering what everyone's doing to filter the air into their ITBs? It seems like SOS won't have a carbon fiber air box done till the next millennium.

So what's everyone using? SOS recommended looking for socks to put over the horn? Maybe a screen? Or can anyone direct me to someone that can build me a carbon fiber air box that can gather air from side vents?

Take a look at Pipercross. ITG has been my favorite dual layer foam filter.

Last edited:
My SOS box may actually be for sale soon lol. Setting up a different type collector to utilize my air inlet better!

Wish I had an answer for ya. I wonder why the just don't have their fabricator make some little mini filters with the element installed onto it?

Or maybe something like this would work (says it's 48mm)
http://stackinjection.com.au/media/...8eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/5/7/57mm_1_1.jpg
These will rob power. Maybe even more than socks. The only reasonable way for ITBs on V6 like C30 is to filter before airbox. For other engine conf (including some V6s e.g. Renault etc) you can get away with using two ITG base/filter for each row of horns.

I could easily fabricate something for this project, but I need to have access to an NSX with ITB's to take measurements from.

Here's another option. Have a base plate with single ITG filter.

attachment.php

Attachments

• ITG_box.jpg
    ITG_box.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 1,868
Back