• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

A little tracking video

Me and my friend went to H2R to get some sessions in. I wanted to dial the car in for COTA next month, his car broke down so i let him track mine around. He's a way better driver than i am.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vkDHxX3_dKA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

My car details are here...

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...)-Cars/page4?p=1867676&viewfull=1#post1867676

What tires and sizes are you running? The car is pushing quite badly and can likely be setup better if you want the help.

Never mind I found your other post with setup info, I am still a little surprised by the amount of steering effort your driver was using to get the car around the track, but I have not been on street tires with my car in nearly 7 years so maybe it is normal.

Have fun at COTA! Bring brake pads!

Dave

Last edited:
I always welcome the help! The car does require more steering effort than i'm used to. I got a nice shoulder workout. I hope its just the alignment or it being street tires. I could go to the middle setting on the rear bar.

lol. Thanks, I will. I have some spare rotors and pads ready to go!

When's the next time you'll run COTA again? I may join you. If you're interested in a one day event. I'll be at MSR cresson on Oct. 24th with apex driving academy.

When's the next time you'll run COTA again? I may join you.

I may and the jury is still out run COTA with MVP:
February 26 - 28, 2016: Circuit of The Americas (COTA) [Austin, TX]

I am remaining uncommitted at this point because last year I spent about $5K to get on track and in three days got very little dry time on the track so I am a little jaded at this point about COTA. I love the place but if I do not spend the money on COTA I can hit about 7 other track events for the same money.

Dave

- - - Updated - - -

I would work on getting the front tires to work better before I played with the bar settings too much, alignment, tire temps, tire pressures, and tire wear are all things to take note of before making any changes. You have to have a starting point so you can judge the progress of your changes.

Dave

Back