• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

BC Coilover Owners....which spring rates?

Just looking for some numbers/opinions from current BC c/o owners with the Swift Spring upgrade. What spring rates did you go with? Purpose of vehicle is street driven / spirited driving. Not a track car. Obviously smooth roads will be fine, but trying to get feedback on bumpy roads, highway interchanges, overpass interchanges, etc...

Thanks.
Nathan

10/8 swifts. In retrospect, if I didn't have plans to track the car, I would have done 8/6 with re-valving.

10/8 swifts. In retrospect, if I didn't have plans to track the car, I would have done 8/6 with re-valving.

I am looking at the 8k/6k route for my 91, since that was the nsxr specs as well for the 91. But even then the KW3 are 6k/6k springs. Granted they have a better dampening system. But I thought for city driving with bumpy roads that 8k/6k would help smooth out the ride a bit.

Now, I am buying them through a vendor. But, do I need to send the shocks back to BC for re-valving? Or is that something the vendor typically does?

Thanks!!

The vendor should order them from BC with the desired spring rates and BC will valve them for the ordered rates. I went with 10/8 Swift springs.

Back