• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

hello all,i have been looking at a 1999 NSX VIN#JH4NA2164XT000110 ....

....I am very interested in this car but I am concerned about the car having nitrous ? it also has comptech sc but that is not a concern. any info would be appreciated, the car was last titled in MA. it is in the Chicago area now. thanks

Hmmm...TWO power adders!

Do you know what the car used for air/fuel and timing management and if it was a stand-alone was it tuned with a secondary setting for use with the NOx? Or was this just a wet nitrous system (where extra fuel is dumped into the intake along with the nitrous oxide). Was the fuel pump upgraded? If the car was not properly tuned to handle the nitrous combined with the supercharger, engine knock is a near-certainty.

How many miles does each power-adder have in use? Was the car raced on the street or otherwise? And how about general service history documentation?

Regardless, I wouldn't touch this car without a thorough inspection including at least a compression and leak down test. Maybe a scope to peek at the piston tops. This is a big investment. There are enough solid no-story NSXs out there for sale that I would think long and hard about this one.

It sold on fleabay in june for $50,300:

UPGRADES (BOLT-ON ONLY ! OEM Parts Are Included in Sale!)

Set of 4 Pro Drive Wheels along with Bridgestone Potenza Tires (Have original NSX Wheels and tires as well)

Comptech NSX 12 PSI Supercharger (Boost to 408 RW HP / 332 ft lbs. Torque)

Vortech Super Fuel Management Unit

Comptech HiFlo Airbox Assembly

Comptech Carbon Fiber Air Box Cover

Comptech NSX Stainless Steel Header System

Comptech Cat-Back Exhaust System

Comptech PowerGrip II Heavy Duty Clutch

NOS Nitrous Oxide Injection System - single fogger w/button on floor under gas pedal (USED ONE TIME)

Gruppe NSX Boost Meter (custom fit to dashboard)

H&R Custom Coil Springs

H&R Performance Sway Bars

LoJack Security System

Maintenance Highlights:

The entire history of the vehicle would take too long to type, however I have kept ALL receipts.

All fluids have been checked maintained at least once a year.

Recently installed a new battery

New set of plugs and K&N Foam Air Filter (June 2015)

THE IMPERFECT:

There are a few chips of the factory paint job which peeled away behind each rear wheel bumper (no dents, just chips) There were about 4 on each side and size ranged from a dime to a quarter. I used Acura factory touch up paint and is only noticeable from about a foot away.

The front bumper was backed into lightly by a vehicle (Hit and Run/No insurance claim) This was able to be mostly buffed out with just a bit of factory touch up paint. Noticeable from about 2 feet out. See photo

FYI .. just spoke with the guy who listed. The SC and Nitrous kit were installed about 8 years ago. I asked what fuel modifications were performed and whether wet/dry kit. All they could answer was that there was an FPR done, no injector modification, no fuel pump modification, etc. Asked about ecu/fuel controller - they have no clue.

Sounds like they are really oblivious or are trying to sell a car based on shiny parts.

Will be passing on this vehicle as well. Especially at the list price.

Back