• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

OEM Suspension replacement

One of the shocks on my 91 NSX needs replacing, figure I'll replace all 4 while I'm at it. Car has stock 15/16 wheels & tires. Want a suspension setup that is as or more comfortable than OEM, worried more about street comfort and reasonable performance than anything else. What do folks recommend?

The 91 complete suspension is discontinued. :( But, as Gold points out below, you can still order the shock itself.

Last edited:
Use the lower perch on the Bilsteins .... Its not that much of a difference. I went with the regular height and it looked higher then my oem but maybe that was due to the stock shocks sagging but in any case I paid twice to have it set to the lower and it still seems high.

I see half of the people saying Bilsteins are as comfortable as the OEM shocks but it seems that I belong to the other half. Bilsteins are +- comfortable but never as comfortable as ÔEM shocks. There are several arguements like old tired versus new shocks etc. I've have the valving specs of both here printed on the sheet: OEM + Bilstein and the Bilsteins ARE valved stiffer than OEM and some can feel it their popometer/back and some less depending on the mods of their car. If you want comfortable there's no way around stock shocks.

There's no way Honda let's NSX-drivers down on wearables like shocks right just before the release of the new NSX and in the future I hope of course too. :) It's true that you can't buy a complete strut from them (discontinued part no.) but the 91 shocks are still available from the dealer. It would be nice if posters would backup before they spread wrong infos, please. :)

I see half of the people saying Bilsteins are as comfortable as the OEM shocks but it seems that I belong to the other half. Bilsteins are +- comfortable but never as comfortable as ÔEM shocks. There are several arguements like old tired versus new shocks etc. I've have the valving specs of both here printed on the sheet: OEM + Bilstein and the Bilsteins ARE valved stiffer than OEM and some can feel it their popometer/back and some less depending on the mods of their car. If you want comfortable there's no way around stock shocks.

There's no way Honda let's NSX-drivers down on wearables like shocks right just before the release of the new NSX and in the future I hope of course too. :) It's true that you can't buy a complete strut from them (discontinued part no.) but the 91 shocks are still available from the dealer. It would be nice if posters would backup before they spread wrong infos, please. :)

Geez, Gold. :D I will clarify the post.

how do KWv3 on the softest damping settings compare to stock shocks?

I wish I knew the answer but I'm about to find out as I have a set on order due in a few weeks. I'll post after I install and fiddle with them a bit.
Rob
Even comfortable than stock if you set them at a reasonable height.

Back