• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

J35 LoveFab Twin Turbo Time Attack NSX

Our NSX single turbo kits have not required a scavenge pump since 2007.

The twins idea is pursued here because as Billy mentioned, the packaging is forgiving.

It'll be a tight turbo manifold(built by myself). The charge piping off each charger should be less than 2 feet, going into a custom waic unit that mounts near the throttle body. The 60 degree v6 makes packaging possible without having to modify the NSX in any way.

Next week will be fun!

Time to get the party started!

12023263_10206358087583392_2073394462_n.jpg

Not trying to hijack but due to packaging constraints of the c32...or simplicity on the J35; could you go with a single small frame turbo such as the GT28R? I only ask because with the advancement of technology I don't know if you could make a hybrid or billet wheel to get horsepower up to say 350 at the crank but not over speed or have surge due to the displacement of the motor. Most people may be content with this horsepower level too.

Looks awesome! I have never built a turbo system, however for some reason I thought the turbo would be flipped around with the exhaust side pointing toward the transmission so it could follow the path of the original NSX exhaust. My thoughts were to flip the turbos the other way and draw intake air from the passenger side.

Keep in mind the axle on the pulley side is the same diameter as the axle bracket outer diameter. This current design also places the exhaust really close to the axle bearings. If the front side is placed in the same layout, I think A/C would be all but impossible.

I know this is for a race car so my thoughts might not be of any concern. I was just sharing.

OK now I have to watch, good luck and the car looks fantastic.

A couple of questions:

Is the J lighter than the C?

What are your power goals with the new setup?

Dave

Watching ����.. Looking to start mine as soon as i source a motor ��

Looks awesome! I have never built a turbo system, however for some reason I thought the turbo would be flipped around with the exhaust side pointing toward the transmission so it could follow the path of the original NSX exhaust. My thoughts were to flip the turbos the other way and draw intake air from the passenger side.

Keep in mind the axle on the pulley side is the same diameter as the axle bracket outer diameter. This current design also places the exhaust really close to the axle bearings. If the front side is placed in the same layout, I think A/C would be all but impossible.

I know this is for a race car so my thoughts might not be of any concern. I was just sharing.
Good questions! Hopefully someone can chime in.

The layout has been optimized for ac and chassis clearance. Heat management was also under consideration throughout, and this is the best compromise.

We do need to build a new subframe and motor mount assembly for additional clearance but this will be a non issue, and ensures zero modification to the nsx chassis itself.

Back