• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone running HKS coils?

Hey guys, been looking at a set of used hks hipermax II coils for my 91 nsx. Was wondering if anyone here is still running them or had any reviews on them? Tried search but all i could find was their newer models for some other cars so any help or advice would be appreciated. Only other coils i've been looking at are the BC BR with swift springs, so advice on best spring rate for street with some mild track use would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hey guys, been looking at a set of used hks hipermax II coils for my 91 nsx. Was wondering if anyone here is still running them or had any reviews on them? Tried search but all i could find was their newer models for some other cars so any help or advice would be appreciated. Only other coils i've been looking at are the BC BR with swift springs, so advice on best spring rate for street with some mild track use would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I've had these for 6-7 years on my car. I Loved them, I loved that they were adjustable & I could put them on the softest setting for Montreal roads. They are knocking now, so I'm hoping a shop in Quebec will rebuild them.

I did not try any other coilovers on this car at all but at least I could adjust them to prevent getting headaches & fatigue from overly stiff dampers.

***Update***

Just had these rebuilt by www.fealsuspension.com. They feel amazing.

-H&R Sport Cup Kit on my car while my HKS' were being rebuilt. The H&R had an almost perfect drop but I found them harsh on the roads.
-HKS HiperMax II After being rebuilt they feel almost like driving on a cloud on a very soft setting. I no longer feel the small bumps I felt before with the H&R kit. I love these coilovers. I suggest somebody buy these (not mine) that are for sale.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/192811-HKS-Hipermax-II-Suspension

Last edited:
Uodate: bought a set of used coils from a member and have been impressed with them so far. Only been driven on the street so far but ride quality is great and feels planted. Will update once I get some track time

I've had mine for awhile now. They are great for the street. Not too stiff yet feel very planted. Hope to track on them someday.

Anyone have a reasonable number for cost of installing coil overs? I've got a 98 CTSC running 2002+ OEM wheels with Eibach springs but the front is so low the tires rub badly. Want to put adjustable HKS (I have a set) on all four corners to get some drop but get rid of the rub. I have been quoted installation prices all over the map. Ball park anyone? Thanks.

Thanks!
I love mine, but I am a little biased to HKS (I have an extra set of HiperMax II for the NSX and a set on my Civic).
They are stiff in a sporty way, but I don't feel like they break your back.
The reason I have an extra set is because the dampening adjuster on the rears of my original set are seized. So I had planned to take apart my original set and see if I could get them un-seized or rebuilt (which leads into my next quoted post, lol).
Also, my original set did not come with the front brake line brackets, but my second set was complete (I used zip-ties and a section of old leather belt to hold the brake lines to the front coilovers).

***Update***

Just had these rebuilt by www.fealsuspension.com. They feel amazing.

-H&R Sport Cup Kit on my car while my HKS' were being rebuilt. The H&R had an almost perfect drop but I found them harsh on the roads.
-HKS HiperMax II After being rebuilt they feel almost like driving on a cloud on a very soft setting. I no longer feel the small bumps I felt before with the H&R kit. I love these coilovers. I suggest somebody buy these (not mine) that are for sale.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/192811-HKS-Hipermax-II-Suspension

Thanks for the info! I will definitely have to check out Feal Suspension. I had wanted to get mine rebuilt by HKS, but they don't do their older suspension lines anymore.
The ones for sale you posted about are a decent deal, but they are missing the sleeve that "protects" the piston rod of the damper.

Anyone have a reasonable number for cost of installing coil overs? I've got a 98 CTSC running 2002+ OEM wheels with Eibach springs but the front is so low the tires rub badly. Want to put adjustable HKS (I have a set) on all four corners to get some drop but get rid of the rub. I have been quoted installation prices all over the map. Ball park anyone? Thanks.

I don't have a ballpark for you, but suspension install (especially a set of coilovers) should not be that expensive.

Back