• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Basch Boost

So I have been reading a lot about this kit, what is everyone's opinion on them? Anyone in Utah have one I could see, or even close to Utah?

I had one and so has peiserg. Decent supercharger system with but you need good engine management. I had mine installed in 2002 and went through 3 engines because there was not any decent engine management at the time for it. Mark Basch was using a Split Second box at the time. I'm pretty sure peiserg made 440rwhp on stock internals with his and it lasted for many miles.

Awesome build [MENTION=12656]blodi[/MENTION] , your car is amazing! After seeing how much stuff isn't readily available for the BBSC I may just go the turbo route. I would be getting a fairly decent deal on the BBSC kit with AEM EMS, but I don't know if I will be able to swing things breaking like they did for you.

Back before all the turbo options and when the CTSC was your only option at $10K+ it was a good deal as long as you dumped the Split Second box (Lots of BBSC users learned the hard way and lost engine/s). Now there are a number of low cost options that put down better more relilable numbers. Tuning and options has come a long way making the BBSC not as good of a deal as it use to be. At $5k I would save my money and get one of the newer turbo systems.

Last edited:
Hell......I'll sell you my AEM EMS for $800

Yes they do and the new Infinity system is more. I have a Series 2 AEM that is set for NA2, that I'll cut you a deal on.

I the the BBSC is a great system. It is fully upgradeable, and was so long before SOS pioneered their intercooler system. The down side was less torque of course (multiple dynos around showing centrifugal systems power bands), but a system that NEVER ran out of breath. Power just built all the way up to redline. I think there are enough options out there to maintain the system (really we are just talking carrier bearings here essentially, and not much more... and those are well documented on this website complete with parts numbers) to make it a perfectly reasonable system.

Keep in mind you'll need someone who doesn't mind stepping out of the usual fold of things for the install, as they are uncommon systems. There is an install PDF online IIRC.

I loved mine. I like my turbo system more.. WAY more power and torque. But.. my turbo system was like $15k.

I say go for it if its reasonably priced.. say $3k for a base system, maybe 4k or 5k with intercooler.

For a used kit in good shape without engine management and no intercooler 3000-3500 is a good price. I am using the AEM FIC which I picked up for 400-500 dollars. I installed the system myself and spent 400 to get it tuned. It is making around 380whp with about 9lbs of boost. I love how the power feels it is very smooth and keeps getting stronger as the revs go up. I have a stock clutch and put about 10k miles with no problems. Now I am getting ready to do a rebuild and to try to get to 450whp at a minimum. This will have the AEM Infinity engine management system and a built motor. I am on the fence about going turbo. So most likely will build the motor to handle 650whp or so and then see what happens. I always thought I would want to hit 600-700whp but then start reading about the other issues with half shafts and clutches and just do not want the car to be difficult to drive. I want to be able to drive it to work in traffic and not worry. I fear that if I go over 500 whp I will have a difficult noisy clutch that wears fast and just overall drive ability would suffer. Could be wrong but have heard folks complain about it so that is why i am building the engine to handle a high horse power turbo system just in case i go that direction.

Back