• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Pursuit of Personalizing Perfection - Track Addict's build thread

I would like to go on record saying I hate alarm systems.

Removed my CCU and radio, the radio will be up for sale soon along with the speakers.

While removing the radio and CCU I decided to dive into removing the alarm the previous owner had installed.

I should have started drinking earlier today.

c3557b827d784e084775c2e27bc5c4fe.jpg

532c730753635a8991494fbe0d726350.jpg

881f5d5d4e4f942f6ff1845b2e639d8c.jpg

0855450bd2bee3301e3afc717ed8dfcc.jpg

I also found out I have more interior pieces I need to replace. (Knee panel has broken tabs)

This is why I have avoided getting into my dash.

Depinned that connector, heat shrink to protect the exposed wires, reassembled. I also had to replace my steering switch since it was hacked and spliced into

Last edited:
I decided to take the NSX on a long drive this past weekend. 500+ miles in less than 30 hours, the trip was amazing and the NSX made it great. I did suffer two casualties on the trip. My door handle broke while leaving my home and on my way back someone ran something large over and threw it at my front bumper.

luckily, the only damage my beauty suffered was the loss of the tow hook cover and some scratches.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

While I am bummed this happened, I am glad that the damage I took was so minimal.

Attachments

• IMG_2880.jpg
    IMG_2880.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 1,227
  • IMG_2878.jpg
    IMG_2878.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 1,229
  • IMG_2879.jpg
    IMG_2879.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 1,228
I wanted to wait until my review for the LoveFab bars became live on the site, but Prime is taking a little more time to review my "buyer's experience" post than normal so I will go ahead and post my update regardless.

I purchased the LoveFab chassis bars from the titanium group buy; Front upper, Front Lower and Rear Coupe four point. I was very nervous about the front upper bar because of my Dali Racing hood, after talking with Cody and taking careful measurements Cody assured the bar would fit.

My parts came in and I finally have them installed! I want to give a big thanks to Cody and the LoveFab crew for making such incredible products and Cody's stellar communication during the entire process.

attachment.php

Bars out of packaging...almost too pretty to install...almost.

attachment.php

Front Upper bar (note the special placement of the "LoveFab" Emblem)

attachment.php

Front upper bar with the hood closed (driver's side scoop) So trick!

attachment.php

Front lower bar (couldn't get the whole bar in the frame) the craftsmanship is amazing.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Rear Coupe four point brace is a functional work of art. The fitment on this piece was incredible

Attachments

• IMG_3078.jpg
    IMG_3078.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 1,104
  • IMG_3085.jpg
    IMG_3085.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 1,109
  • IMG_3088.jpg
    IMG_3088.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 1,107
  • IMG_3095.jpg
    IMG_3095.jpg
    237.4 KB · Views: 1,110
  • IMG_3079.jpg
    IMG_3079.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 1,104
  • IMG_3105.jpg
    IMG_3105.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 1,096
Last edited:
Where can one purchase this unit? I tried searching their site but can't seem to see a place to purchase it...

Thanks to @Coz for delivering my MASIV while he was in CA. Greatly appreciated and I cannot wait to not be so busy and actually get install this piece of art!
attachment.php

Sent you a PM :)

Where can one purchase this unit? I tried searching their site but can't seem to see a place to purchase it...

Spent the majority of today at Chuckwalla Valley Raceway with @9doors and SpeedyB. What a great track! My first time driving there and I really enjoyed the challenges that the track offers. I used the track scales to weigh my car and found out that it weighs in at 2756 with half a tank. MUCH lighter than I expected...and there's still more weight to be shed. (weight shown was with me in the car...I know I'm a lot of ballast)

attachment.php

I installed my MASIV radiator prior to this event and it performed swimmingly! Big thanks to @Coz for providing me with such a wonderful product.

Also in before today was my Works Bell quick release hub, steering wheel, and P2F Carbon center console. Now, I don't know how I got in/out of my car before the quick release! This is a must for anyone with a bucket seat.
attachment.php

One small issue was that my passenger front fender liner was demolished after getting caught up in the wheel/tire. Nothing major was damaged and luckily I was planning to replace that liner anyway.

My best run of the day was a 2:11.79 (According to HLT app), Course was setup in clockwise configuration.

All in all a very good day.

Attachments

• IMG_3364.jpg
    IMG_3364.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 980
  • fullsizeoutput_98c.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_98c.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 979
Last edited:
Great job Jon...Not bad at all for never running that track before.
My best time out there is 2.01 at 3130 lbs and 548 HP CW...So you did very well at stock power.
You'll do even better next time out. NASA-AZ will be there February 18-19th 2017. You should join us !

What was your water temps ?

Looks like an epic track racer build! [MENTION=4034]Coz[/MENTION] I need some advice for purchasing a helmet to track my car. Can you PM me any details that you may know of? Like how to size them, etc. Also, how much for the Masiv?

My best time out there is 2.01 at 3130 lbs and 548 HP CW...So you did very well at stock power.
You'll do even better next time out. NASA-AZ will be there February 18-19th 2017. You should join us !

Jim,

I'll try and make that event. I'm driving to and from NSXPO during NASA's November track event.

- - - Updated - - -

Spent the majority of today at Chuckwalla Valley Raceway with @9doors and SpeedyB. What a great track! My first time driving there and I really enjoyed the challenges that the track offers. I used the track scales to weigh my car and found out that it weighs in at 2756 with half a tank. MUCH lighter than I expected...and there's still more weight to be shed. (weight shown was with me in the car...I know I'm a lot of ballast)

attachment.php

I installed my MASIV radiator prior to this event and it performed swimmingly! Big thanks to @Coz for providing me with such a wonderful product.

Also in before today was my Works Bell quick release hub, steering wheel, and P2F Carbon center console. Now, I don't know how I got in/out of my car before the quick release! This is a must for anyone with a bucket seat.
attachment.php

One small issue was that my passenger front fender liner was demolished after getting caught up in the wheel/tire. Nothing major was damaged and luckily I was planning to replace that liner anyway.

My best run of the day was a 2:11.79 (According to HLT app), Course was setup in clockwise configuration.

All in all a very good day.

Johnathan,

Your not installing some my mod parts in your car are you?

Thanks Jim, I had a quite a bit of time I could have shaved off, but I was driving on a very flat spotted front tire that made life very difficult for me. I think with some BFG R1 race rubber, the LoveFab headers and HFCs, and the JRZs (if I am ever not crazed busy) I should be able to really lay down some great times.

Where did you get that center console?

You can pick one of these bad boys up from [MENTION=4272]liftnot[/MENTION] , I will actually be writing a review of the product soon and posting it here and on the FB page

Looks like an epic track racer build!

Thanks! I am trying very hard to keep the car as much a pleasure to drive on the 405 as it is on the tarmac...it is a difficult task.

Johnathan,

Your not installing some my mod parts in your car are you?

I plead the fifth there. Possession is 9/10s of the law right?

Probably because you were a lot lighter and nimble back in the days. Beer, fried chicken, and Xbox didn't help.

I fixed that for you.

I resent that, I hate Xbox. Playstation is superior. Gran Tourismo keeps me sharp between weekends

Very cool....
Look forward to having you out there with us Mario !

Jim,

I'll try and make that event. I'm driving to and from NSXPO during NASA's November track event.

- - - Updated - - -

PM sent Jinks.

Looks like an epic track racer build! [MENTION=4034]Coz[/MENTION] I need some advice for purchasing a helmet to track my car. Can you PM me any details that you may know of? Like how to size them, etc. Also, how much for the Masiv?

- - - Updated - - -

I believe so to Jon...

Thanks Jim, I had a quite a bit of time I could have shaved off, but I was driving on a very flat spotted front tire that made life very difficult for me. I think with some BFG R1 race rubber, the LoveFab headers and HFCs, and the JRZs (if I am ever not crazed busy) I should be able to really lay down some great times.

I believe so to Jon...

I should probably head your advice and get a HANS device when I pick up a new helmet...I didn't realize how fast I was going with just a regular old Honda

Love your build! But for the love of Christ, install the JRZs already haha

Thanks for the kind words Regan,

I know, I know, I know...it has been killing me. Hopefully your nagging will be the final push for me! :biggrin:

Wouldn't be a bad idea.
Wait until you see what 10 seconds faster feels like on that track.

I should probably head your advice and get a HANS device when I pick up a new helmet...I didn't realize how fast I was going with just a regular old Honda

Wouldn't be a bad idea.
Wait until you see what 10 seconds faster feels like on that track.

I'll get there Jim, just let me stop being a broke college student first. A little more experience out there with a couple of mods and let's see what I can do then!

Last edited:
Yup, you'll be sub 2 minute laps in no time ;-)

I'll get there Jim, just let me stop being a broke college student first. A little more experience out there with a couple of mods and let's see what I can do then!

Hey everyone,

Just got back from Wild Horse Pass In AZ where I was happy to hang out with [MENTION=4034]Coz[/MENTION] and get some track time on new tarmac. The main configuration was a very fast and short course, allowing little room for error pretty much everywhere on the circuit. Walls everywhere and constantly changing surface conditions made for a really fun test of car control, reaction time and my ability to find grip as I went 'round.

my time, according to my HLT app was 1.14.17 which was pretty decent pace given the traffic I had around me.

I have new parts!

- Voltex GT carbon wing with trunk spoiler
- Advan RG-D 17/18 hyper silver

I will post pics of the parts soon, but I am wary to install the rear wing without a front splitter to compliment it...and I still have my coilovers waiting for me to get around to. Hopefully after finals I can find the time to actually work on my stuff.

Happy motoring!

Another update!

Just returning from Chuckwalla Valley Raceway (CVR) this passed weekend and I must say I've never loved my NSX more than I do right now. I had an incredible time with [MENTION=15846]9doors[/MENTION] and a few other regular track rats.

Reporting on my Voltex rear wing; This is one of the most noticeable mods I have ever done, especially considering that I just recently ran this track (almost back-to-back) with NOTHING else changed other than the wing. Here are the results according to HLT;

No Wing: 2:11.79

With Wing: 2:09.30

A very noticeable difference in the feel of my car at speeds, it was a completely changed experience. Before I would slide my car on corner exit while under full acceleration, but with the Voltex I never had the rear step out on me while under accel. Just goes to show these things are good for more than eating ramen off of.

A few things I noticed while at CVR;

-I REALLY need to install my JRZ suspension, the most obviously lacking component to my car right now is the factory springs and shocks. Embarrassing as it has been to have my car lapping the tarmac on 24 year old suspension I have been very impressed with how much I have been able to squeeze out of her. That said, I will be able to find much more time and speed with her once she has race spec dampers and properly corner balanced.

-Brakes, This one came at the recommendation of Nick [MENTION=15846]9doors[/MENTION]) upon my pulling into the paddock with pillars of smoke billowing from the front wheels. While I can't say for sure that I am 100% utilizing the factory calipers to their fullest, it would be very nice to have a little more power available for the middle pedal. I've decided from long ago that I really want to upgrade to a Tarox BBK for several reasons, finances permitting, I will likely put this on a higher priority for my car now.

-Front splitter. Thanks to pictures taken on the front straight I can really see just how much work the Voltex is doing to my rear end (no laughing), a consequence is that my front end looks like it could devour dogs and small children. An aerodynamic increase in rear grip is awesome, but I need to balance it out in the front. I'm sure this will result in an even faster and impressive experience on the tarmac.

-Wheels/tires. I was running R888 on the stock 15/16 rims. These were a used set of tires from a fellow NSX-er (Joe) I have a great time with the cheap and easy to find tires, but I'm starting to worry that my grip will be highly limited by the sizing of the stock wheels. I will stay with the OEM setup until I can find another affordable and durable set of wheels that will clear the prior mentioned BBK and fill out the wheel wells appropriately.

As a side note, I should probably install another bucket seat and harness for my passengers. I am starting to feel bad that they have to brace themselves so much while riding along. My girlfriend had a blast, but the sliding around made her feel a tad queasy towards the end.

I love tracking my NSX, it is such a wonderfully rewarding car when you get it right.

Cheers everyone!

Back