• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Meet/Greet/Eat - NOV 1st @ MJ Stevens Hartford, WI + WI Crew + John Vassos Brookfield

What: Cruise/Meet/Brunch
Where: MJ Stevens - Hartford, WI (details below)
When: Sunday 11/1
Time: 11am meet + 12:30 Lunch --- ***WITH THE 1 HR ROLL BACK on 11/1 at 2AM***
Who: IL/WI NSX crew + John Vassos from Brookfield Acura

5260 Aurora Rd, Hartford, WI 53027
(262) 644-6037
http://www.mj-stevens.com/

IL guys, we can meet at an Oasis down 294 and cruise together. It's about a 2hr drive from the hinsdale oasis to Hartford, WI just FYI

Last edited:
wis trip

I would be interested in a October Wisconsin cruise to a point of interest like "House on the Rock" or "Circus World " but not to a dealership.

Well maybe we can incorporate that too however the point of this trip is for those who have not met John at Brookfield, to meet him since he's been so highly talked about in our region. My installer is closing down and I need to find a replacement so would like to meet him and I know a few others do also.

Jim- John Vassos and his crew are the only guys that touch my car. I have an appointment for next Tues morning to diagnose and repair a "random misfire" on cylinder 3 which occurred in my second session at Gingerman last Saturday when returning from the Autumn Michigan run that Jeff organized. Glad you could make part of that trip. I will let John know that he has a few more fans that would like to benefit from his good service. -joe

Hey Joe, nice meeting you last weekend. Hope you get the misfire taken care of.

Hoping to get more of a response before we confirm a date. I definately want to head up there before shutting the car down for the season.

Been meaning to visit a friend in Milwaukee, so this could be a good excuse. I work weekends so if it were to be I'd need a little time in advance to secure a day off, I'd be interested. A good long drive before it's time to hibernate would be cool.

A little over a year ago mine went into Acura of Brookfield for a fairly major engine service after a screw came loose and went through it (one of the reasons I bought it, actually, recent 'rebuild'.. so it'd be like a homecoming, or something.

Last edited:
OK we need to work on 2 things:
- Date and Time
- Johns work schedule so we can plan on a day he works

Would someone be able to talk to John and see if they can accomodate our small group in the lot? I am unfamiliar with the area so not sure if there's parking located close by.

A handful of us are planning on taking the NSXs out for one last ride on Nov 1 Sunday to MJ Stevens for brunch meeting there around 10:30 am. I know John I could call him to see if he would want to meet there I know he lives near by. I'm not making a huge reservation or anything but this is just a thought. If anyone wants to join their web is here... http://www.mj-stevens.com/

All-

I had my car with John Tues/Weds of this week to repair a misfire I developed on a track event. Was concerned about a bent valve given the punishment on the track but did not have any mis-shifts or anything unusual. Turned out to be the igniter so John and crew had me back on the road with a relatively easy fix and freshly washed car. I told him he had a growing fan base on Prime from some local owners that wanted to meet him and would be reaching out soon to schedule a group visit.

I'd volunteer to organize but am running full tilt on the job and don't want my scheduling challenges to complicate the process of aligning with John.

He is expecting contact from some Primers and I will keep a close eye on this thread and join if my schedule permits.

-joe

Awesome idea! I'm going to need his help for a window regulator failure in the next few weeks. I can talk to him and see what he thinks as well if no one else has so far.

Sounds like a fun meet up idea!

- Leon

I work on Saturdays so I'm out unless it's late in the afternoon, the earliest I can leave Chicago is 3:45pm

Hey guys I spoke with John yesterday and his next two weekends are booked but said he can make it on Sunday Nov 1st for brunch and would plan on it. I made a reservation for 20 on that Sunday if anyone would like to join we could try to add a few more MJs said they need to know by the day before to try to accommodate. I believe we have about 7 NSXs coming so chime in if your interested. Leon Brian K fixed my regulator right in that parking lot years ago...LOL

Hey guys I spoke with John yesterday and his next two weekends are booked but said he can make it on Sunday Nov 1st for brunch and would plan on it. I made a reservation for 20 on that Sunday if anyone would like to join we could try to add a few more MJs said they need to know by the day before to try to accommodate. I believe we have about 7 NSXs coming so chime in if your interested. Leon Brian K fixed my regulator right in that parking lot years ago...LOL

Works for me. Do you want to start a list so you can see who's in?

Looks very promising for me and thanks for setting up the session!

Sure Jim go ahead and try to get a head count or post up here. I pretty much know how many are coming on my end here hope the weather is still nice.

Here's what I see so far.
Anyone who reads this thread, please reply, copy/paste this list and add your name. I'll try to get the thread title changed to drive more interest.

1. unc0808 (Jim - IL)
2. Brylek (Paul - IL)
3. Josimon (Joe - IL)
4. asitzes1 (WI)
5. pruhnke (IL)
6. speedmaster (IL)
7. clutch1 (WI)
8. CBlude (Leon - WI)

^ OK keep us posted!

Hopefully John Vassos will be able to make it?

Where are the rest of the IL peeps!?

^ OK keep us posted!

Hopefully John Vassos will be able to make it?

Where are the rest of the IL peeps!?
I'll go *IF* I can get the day off of work (it's a big "IF"...I work a lot of weekends). I cannot commit to this now, but will learn next month's schedule this coming weekend. I'll respond either way.

I'll vouch for John's work as well. This summer I had him do the timing belt/water pump on one occasion and the snap ring fix on another - the car runs like a top. I'm already well acquainted with John but would be up for this.

Jeff

Last edited:
Subject line, 1st post and list all updated for those who have not seen this yet.

1. unc0808 (Jim - IL) - YES
2. Brylek (Paul - IL) - YES
3. Josimon (Joe - IL) - YES
4. asitzes1 (WI) - YES
5. pruhnke (IL) - YES
6. speedmaster (IL) - MAYBE
7. clutch1 (WI) - MAYBE
8. CBlude (Leon - WI) - YES
9. Jeffreygebhart (Jeff - IL) - MAYBE

- - - Updated - - -

I would be interested in a October Wisconsin cruise to a point of interest like "House on the Rock" or "Circus World " but not to a dealership.

Since we're not going to the dealer anymore, does this work for you?

I'll try my best to make it, it should work for me.

1. unc0808 (Jim - IL) - YES
2. Brylek (Paul - IL) - YES
3. Josimon (Joe - IL) - YES
4. asitzes1 (WI) - YES
5. pruhnke (IL) - YES
6. speedmaster (IL) - MAYBE
7. clutch1 (WI) - MAYBE
8. CBlude (Leon - WI) - YES
9. Jeffreygebhart (Jeff - IL) - MAYBE
10. MadtownNSX (Ryan - WI) MAYBE

Back