• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Introduction & Chicago Area Question

Hi everyone. I just wanted to introduce myself and provide a little background. I've been out of the sports car scene for a number of years, but have owned everything from Vettes to Ferraris. After months of looking at the various sports cars currently available, I've decided the Gen I Acura NSX offers the best of both worlds - the beauty of a Ferrari with the dependability of a Honda.

I have spent the last six months specifically looking for a black on black NSX targa with a manual transmission and recently found one at a dealership outside of Chicago. I'm a little apprehensive, however, flying across the country and spending a sizable amount of money on a car I know very little about. It's a 1995 (JH4NA1183ST000054) with around 57k miles that comes back with a clean CarFax. However, the dealer (Exclusive Auto Exchange / 13437 S. Komar Lane in Crestwood) has had this car on eBay a couple of times without success and recently put it on NSXPrime. The other thing that concerns me is that this same dealer has been running ads indicating they buy salvage NSXs, which makes me wonder if there has been some repairs made that aren't reflected on the CarFax.

Aside from having the local Acura dealer do a PPI on the car, any other suggestions to ensure it's up to par? It looks like this is MISSNSX's old car, but I've been unable to reach her for input. Also, has anyone done business with this company or live close enough to possibly take a look before I purchase a plane ticket? Thanks in advance for any help with this and I look forward to joining the NSX community.

Chris

For me its about an hour drive, I would be able to do it possibly next weekend.

I have experience doing just about everything around a car including body work, so I can spot things most wouldn't.

PM me if you would like to further discuss.

I am about 15min away. Paul (Brylek) and I we're going to offer but seems foundry would be a better fit.

Foundry - let me know when you plan to go. Maybe I can meet you.

Thanks guys. I wouldn't feel right asking FOUNDRY3 to drive an hour out of his way for just this. UNC0808, if you wouldn't mind stopping in and looking at it as time permits since it appears you're right around the corner I would really appreciate it. If I end up purchasing the car, I'll let you guys know and maybe the three of us could get together for dinner or something before I drive it back to Idaho. Thanks again.

Last edited:
Hey Chris, you are correct, it is, or rather was my beautiful car. I sent you a rather lengthy reply to the eBay message you sent me a couple days ago. Please let me know if you didn't receive as I'd be more than happy to resend. I miss my beautiful nsx so much that I actually feel sick to my stomach right now. Time to go repress some memories...:frown:

Hey Chris, you are correct, it is, or rather was my beautiful car. I sent you a rather lengthy reply to the eBay message you sent me a couple days ago. Please let me know if you didn't receive as I'd be more than happy to resend. I miss my beautiful nsx so much that I actually feel sick to my stomach right now. Time to go repress some memories...:frown:

Thanks for responding MISSNSX, I responded back to your eBay message. It's a beautiful car and I'll let you know if I end up purchasing it.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for everyone's assistance with this. I received the PPI back on the car which coincides with the information MISSNSX provided and have made the dealer an offer. I'll let you guys know if I end up purchasing it, along with the date I would be flying in to pick it up.

Last edited:
Glad things checked out.
Let us know if/when you're coming in town!

Thanks for responding MISSNSX, I responded back to your eBay message. It's a beautiful car and I'll let you know if I end up purchasing it.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for everyone's assistance with this. I received the PPI back on the car which coincides with the information MISSNSX provided and have made the dealer an offer. I'll let you guys know if I end up purchasing it, along with the date I would be flying in to pick it up.

Welcome aboard! Let us know when you will be here, I'm 5 minutes from O'Hare so if you travel light I might give you a ride in the NSX so we can go pick it up for you!

Good luck, Paul.

First pic on the ad says "sold", so it appears it has been. It makes me wonder whether someone other than the OP got the car. Looks like a nice one, too!

Edit: Never mind, listing is gone.

Looks like this car is still FS? Just saw it on Autotrader listed by "Exclusive Auto Exchange" in Crestwood, IL. Is it a good buy?

Last edited:
Back