• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXcapades Dec.5-6 preliminary schedule

Paid attendee list:

Nabil Armaly (2)
Ole Sorensen (1) Sat dinner
Wei-Shen Chin (2) Sat dinner, Sun lunch
Hal Gunner (1) Sat dinner, Sun lunch
Christine Pacariem (1) Sat dinner, Sun lunch
Dave Wiercinski (1) Sat dinner
Robert Lane (1) Sat dinner, Sun lunch
Steve Anderson (1) Sat dinner, Sun lunch
Dave Fogel (1) Sat dinner, Sunday lunch
Daniel and Danielle Bugbee (2) Sat dinner, Sunday lunch
Andre Cerri and Logan Fleetwood (2) Sat dinner, Sunday lunch
Ron and Nicole Marchini (2) Sunday lunch
David and Ethan Anderson (2) Sat dinner, Sunday lunch
Charles Hudson (1) Sat dinner, Sunday lunch
Jose and Melanie Alegre (2) Sunday lunch
Andrew Azzouz (1) Sat dinner, Sunday lunch
Joe and Terri Guttieri (2) Sat dinner, Sunday lunch
Greg and Peaches Hines (2) Sunday lunch
Jeremiah Baker and Becky Shade (2) Sat dinner
Jason Lo (1) Sat dinner, Sunday lunch
Steve Nguyen and Sidney (2) Sunday lunch
Eiffel Chin (1) Sat dinner, Sun lunch
Patricio Tiago and Sandra Panesso (2) Sat dinner, Sun lunch
Alex and Keitha (2) Sat dinner, Sun lunch

Dear NSXers,

NSXcapades will be held in the greater Orlando area again this year on the weekend of Dec.5-6. This year's event is being hosted and planned by Ole Sorenson, Nabil Armaly and Wei-Shen Chin. The preliminary itinerary is as follows.

Saturday Dec.5

11am-1pm lunch Windermere CC dining room
park in lot below front entrance steps

www.windermeregolf.com
2710 Butler Bay Drive North
Windermere, FL 34786

1200 - 5pm golf 18 holes

2-5 pm Gander Mountain shooting range (hosted by Nabil Armaly, First Class Automotive)

6pm group dinner at the home of Lynn and Wei-Shen Chin (maybe a short Xmas concert!)
1312 Lake Whitney Dr., Windermere, FL 34786

9-11pm cart racing at K1 speed

Sunday Dec.6

8am meet at Starbucks Ocoee
10300 W Colonial Dr, Ocoee, 34761
9-1130 country drive
1130-1pm lunch
JB Boondocks, Lake County

Recommended hotel is the Drury Inn and Suites
7301 Sand Lake Road
Orlando, FL 32819
$145 current on-line rate (hotel is entirely non-smoking)

Estimated costs of the event.

lunch Saturday $20 (pay on your own at club)
golf $60
group dinner at Chin residence $25 (prepay)
K1 carting $40-60 (depending on number of races)

hotel $145

lunch Sunday $27 (prepay)

To RSVP please Paypal $25 to [email protected] to reserve your dinner at K1 speed, $27 for your Sunday lunch, or $52 for both per person and include the names of any guests on the comments. Confirmation via email will be your receipt.

Deadline is Saturday Nov. 28th.

Please direct any specific questions to me at [email protected] (407-832-0176) or post on this thread if the question may benefit others participating in the event.

I hope to see many of you that weekend!

Wei-Shen Chin
407-832-0176

Last edited:
I am new to the Florida area, I will be attending as well.

Since the schedule is preliminary, how about meeting at Dyno facility for a dyno day instead of Starbucks or the shooting range?
Or maybe since chin is involved a track day instead, with at least a nice parade lap? :)

Last edited:
Hoping we can make this.

It has been a while and even though we just saw a few of you at NSXPO, it would be nice to catch up with the rest of the Florida group.

I am new to the Florida area, I will be attending as well.

Since the schedule is preliminary, how about meeting at Dyno facility for a dyno day instead of Starbucks or the shooting range?
Or maybe since chin is involved a track day instead, with at least a nice parade lap? :)

Sorry for speaking on anyone else's behalf, but a track event is a huge undertaking that would require an entire day's commitment from attendees as well as a huge coordination of a suitable track facility. Not to mention a significant investment from participants. There are incredibly talented and motivated people here on prime but it's a little late in the game to be contemplating a track day for early December . And that would be if you could find a date a track is available.

Now the dyno day might be a good idea.

Regrettably I can't attend NSXcapades this year as I already have committed to something else those dates. Darn.

I will be able to attend Sunday only. We should try and have more then one meet a year. I visited California recently and got to meet a bunch of members. They have a very active group. We should really try and make Florida more active. Maybe a east cost trip to Tail of the Dragon for some nice roads to drive

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone.

We can certainly do a Dyno day. I will check to see what's available on Saturday morning. There's always been a strong interest in the gun range and golf but perhaps we should try something different.

I think a track day just for NSX club members will be too expensive. Now, there is a Chin Motorsports event the following weekend 12/12-13. We could certainly piggyback on that event but there will be hundreds of attendees which dilutes the NSX experience.

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone.

We can certainly do a Dyno day. I will check to see what's available on Saturday morning. There's always been a strong interest in the gun range and golf but perhaps we should try something different.

I think a track day just for NSX club members will be too expensive. Now, there is a Chin Motorsports event the following weekend 12/12-13. We could certainly piggyback on that event but there will be hundreds of attendees which dilutes the NSX experience.

I have no interest in dyno'ing my car. I would ask if people are actually interested in this before finding out what is available.

I suggested the dyno day as an event and place to socialize.
The Dyno is always optional.
Just like the meet could also be at an already existing track event/show. Track participation optional.

I suggested the dyno day as an event and place to socialize.
The Dyno is always optional.
Just like the meet could also be at an already existing track event/show. Track participation optional.

Don't worry, there is plenty of time for socializing. This is a great event.

Hey Guys, If you book with coupon code FUN, you get the room for $123. I just did it. Don't know how long it will last.

Gun Range

Hey guys,

We have 2 options, an outdoor range (private) with 25, 50 & 100 yard or Gander Mountain indoor range...I will need a head count of who is interested and if you prefer indoor or outdoor so I can make the reservation for Gander Mountain if necessary. If you could respond as soon as possible so I can make the arrangements.

Thanks,
Nabil
First Class Automotive

Nabil, I am 50/50 for the gun range, sorry I can't be more specific. No preference

Andre

I have requested a furlough from my warden and the approval to get a weekend off is still under consideration. I will probably have an answer by the end of this weekend. That being said, Nabil, I would prefer the outdoor gun range.

I hope to see you all again and appreciate being welcomed even though I'm no longer in an NSX.

Doc L, you are always welcome, even if you drive a Chevy Spark!

I have updated the initial post with a paid attendee list and also updated event details.

We will golf at Windermere CC with tee times at 1200 and 1207. Lunch at 11am in the Windermere CC dining room with parking all together right outside the front steps in the lot. We will draw a crowd from the golfers already there.

Saturday dinner will be hosted at my home in Windermere. K1 requires a minimum to book a room and we are getting too close to guarantee a number. We will still go there to do karting afterwards.

Last edited:
Wei-Shen, where is the Sunday lunch going to be held?

Probably at the Ritz Carlton Grande Lakes clubhouse. The issue is parking. Last year we had a devil of a time with that issue. I want assurances that we will have places to park in front of the building since the rest of the property is allocated to the Festival of Speed.

I liked the "fish" restaurant by the lake we have gone to in the past. Would this be near our country drive? I am not trying to change any plans just asking for myself, I have no real intrest in the festival of speed, this year.

Doc L, you are always welcome, even if you drive a Chevy Spark!

I have updated the initial post with a paid attendee list and also updated event details.

Saturday dinner will be hosted at my home in Windermere. K1 requires a minimum to book a room and we are getting too close to guarantee a number. We will still go there to do karting afterwards.

Wei-Shen, it seems like Saturday dinner is going to be at your house instead of K1. What's the correct amount to PayPal you for two people?

David Anderson

BTW the "FUN" coupon code still works for the Drury Inn.

- - - Updated - - -

Nabil, count me and my son in for the gun range. No preference on indoor or out. I assume it's BYO heat and ammo?

Last edited:
No change in cost. $25 for Saturday dinner. $27 for Sunday lunch. Since we are having it at my house I can spend more money for better food and less on the room!

And yes, we are also considering JB Boondocks for lunch Sunday. Depends on what the quote for lunch is at the Fairways Restaurant Ritz Carlton and whether it includes parking.

I'm in just waiting to see where Sunday's lunch is... Nabil you know I have no preference :))

One of my favorite events of the year but may only do the Sunday drive because I'll be participating in the South Florida Toy Rally on Saturday. For those interested, the registration for the toy rally will be closing soon. I would be interested in checking out Kennedy Space Center on Sunday too.

I'm with Steve, no Festival of Speed for me this year. The parking was insane and it was very crowded. I may take a quick trip to Epcot an hit a few roller coasters instead.

Back