• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Honda air bag for NSX steering wheel

I currently have a Momo wheel with NRG hub that came with the car when I bought it. Since I have the emblems on the outside converted to Honda, I wanted to have the same on my steering wheel. I'm planning on buying a carbon fiber OEM steering wheel from Euroboutique but wanted to have a Honda airbag. Can't seem to find one on the web. Anyone have a source for this?

I have an OEM Honda (H) emblem airbag sitting on my shelf in my office. For $550 shipped within the USofA it is yours. PM me if you are interested.

Last edited:
Geez! Are these airbags going for that much? The regular Acura ones are going for a lot less. Did any US Honda cars use the same airbag?

Geez! Are these airbags going for that much? The regular Acura ones are going for a lot less. Did any US Honda cars use the same airbag?

It took me a few years of watching eBay to get it and I paid around $500 for it. No other USA Honda/Acura vehicle has the same airbag.

Keep waiting, i can assure you they don't come up for sale often.

Cheers.

BTW. They are listed for sale at OEM Acura Parts for $897. So my offer still stands.

Last edited:
FYI - I paid $845.53 + $199 shipping for mine in 1999.

FYI - I paid $845.53 + $199 shipping for mine in 1999.

People don't realize that certain parts are difficult to get and demand a higher price. This Hagasan dude doesn't realize that the "H" airbag is a rare find universally. I'm in no rush to sell mine and it can sit on my shelf for 20 more years.

People don't realize that certain parts are difficult to get and demand a higher price. This Hagasan dude doesn't realize that the "H" airbag is a rare find universally. I'm in no rush to sell mine and it can sit on my shelf for 20 more years.

LOL.. This Hagasan dude.... I'm in the UK so to me they're not at all rare... we all have them!! Infact, I have two which is why I am happy to sell one and keep the other for my car should I ever decide (highly unlikely) to sell. I use an S2000 wheel on my car...

since you just joined the club in July of 2015, I'm gonna assume you still haven't made the connection that you can't get a 'honda'-price on anything 'acura/NSX'-based.....

welcome to the club.

LOL.. This Hagasan dude.... I'm in the UK so to me they're not at all rare... we all have them!! Infact, I have two which is why I am happy to sell one and keep the other for my car should I ever decide (highly unlikely) to sell. I use an S2000 wheel on my car...

Ahhh....You're on the other side of the pond. That makes sense now with your price. So are you talking about Euro's, GBP, or USA dollars? You also do realize that sending an explosive devise overseas can be difficult.

Ahhh....You're on the other side of the pond. That makes sense now with your price. So are you talking about Euro's, GBP, or USA dollars? You also do realize that sending an explosive devise overseas can be difficult.
Very huge point, the shipping is such a hassle that I don't even offer the ones I have on the shelf on prime,
$500 is about what they are worth, we used to sell quite a few here but shipping always was a hassle.

At the moment I should have 2 still here, one in a mint 2003 steering wheel.
Yet shipping them is hit and miss at times.

Even in mainland Europe they aren't that common and worth quite a bit of change since apparently no one out side of japan is a big fan of the "ACURA" look.
(must add that in mainland Europe we have a fairly large percentage of Acura imports from back when the NSX was 30-40% cheaper in to import)

They come up for sale every once in a while, I picked up an entire wheel including the H airbag for $350 or so a couple of months ago.

I bought a used one from as motorports some 4 yrs ago for under $500 (I think, cant remember now) and another used one from another member here for $350.

Honda air bag for NSX

I have an OEM Honda (H) emblem airbag sitting on my shelf in my office. For $550 shipped within the USofA it is yours. PM me if you are interested.

Hello,

Do you still have the Honda "H" air bag available? I know this post was from 5 years ago but I figured it doesn't hurt to ask.

Thanks!

Back