• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Fall Fun Run/Color Cruise by Sachin - Sunday, October 18th

Hi everyone,

I know this is very late notice but I hope some of you will still be able to make it. This Sunday we are planning on driving from Germantown to Lake St. Cafe in Elkhart Lake, Sachin is in charge of this one. Jake did it last year and he said it was one of the best drives he did.

I hope you can make it!

Hi everyone,

I know this is very late notice but I hope some of you will still be able to make it. This Sunday we are planning on driving from Germantown to Lake St. Cafe in Elkhart Lake, Sachin is in charge of this one. Jake did it last year and he said it was one of the best drives he did.

I hope you can make it!

Hi all -

We meet at the Germantown Park N Ride, off of Mequon Rd (167) and I45. West of 45, and North side of Mequon Road. Meet at 10:00 A.M., I'll go over the route and we can leave at 10:20.

attachment.php

I am finalizing the route as my usual leader cannot make the journey.

Please note. This is NOT a HPDE or timed event. It is fun run - casual, enjoy cars and scenery.

Attachments

• gtownpnr.jpg
    gtownpnr.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 360
In!

I liked this drive most because it can be done in under an hour and ends with some great food in Elkhart Lake. Great scenery and twisties...and you can be home in time to watch the Packers win... 😜

Last edited:
Great call and I think I can make this!

Paul- I am planning on picking up my morning redeye at the LF Oasis Starbucks at 8am if you want to join me. Welcome all others that will be passing our way as well. I figure an 8:30 departure will get us to the Germantown P&R w/time to spare.

Joe, it's great that you will be able to join and I also like your Lake Forest oasis idea so two thumbs up! :)

Chicago guys, let's meet at the Lake Forest oasis just after 8 so we can leave at 8:30am

See you tomorrow!

Hi all -

Couple of things -

Since I have not lead the drive before, I never really paid attention to the route. I have it on the phone so between that & nav, I won't get us lost. Having said that - if you can pull the link up on your phone/system and have a co-driver, you may want to lead.

Right by the Park N Ride, there is a Speedway, Kwik Trip, Starbucks, & McDonalds - if case you need something before the journey.

I care not to post my cell online, but you can reach me via Paul & Jake, or PM me. I'll check the thread through out the day.

Gents, I am out. I had hoped I would be driving east and could caravan...but alas, United had other, more expeditious plans for me. I will see you next run. FWIW, I am seriously thinking of taking a drive the third weekend of November to Minoqua and back. Seriously. If the snow is not sticking, then I am doing a blast up and back.

Thanks for coming out.

Sorry for getting us lost.

Had a good time meeting everyone.

One car is conspicuously absent. Oh well. :(

Awesome day and drive! Thanks to all for making it a great one.

And... DAYUM! Looks like I missed the end of day Brylek photo shoot on the Road America service roads. WOW! Great shots, Paul.

0c872a5a65704e49d45d1721224a1a2d.jpg

This one's for Sachin, thanks for putting this together!

Paul- Superb photos as always. Thank you for them.

Ed- Nice pics! Love how you captured such great color!

I had a great time with all of you and look forward to doing it again next year.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1445382886766.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1445382886766.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
NP. Glad you liked it despite my map reading mistake. My bad.

Good in a way because the drive took longer than an hour.

Good call for section of the track for photos - really brought out the colors in my car. (I'm sending my pictures to SoA in next month's report)

I can post a link to my album although my pictures are not of Paul's quality.

I'll plan for something next year - sooner. Figure out if it should be a big group outing with multiple leaders or a small group >10.

Last edited:
^ Great shots! I'm sorry I didn't include pictures of your car in this thread, would you like me to link them here?

Back