• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Acura NSX: Honda's Supercar by Brian Long book

First of all, I AM NOT knocking this member's posted ad or the asking price, I'm just curious, are these books going for $1,000 to $4,000 now?!?

I mean, is the NSX frenzy gotten to the point that people are actually buying this book at this price...?

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/191438-Book-Acura-NSX-Honda-s-Supercar-by-Brian-Long

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...?ie=UTF8&condition=used&qid=1445716592&sr=8-1

I'm not sure. A couple of those book priced at the high end on Amazon have been on there a very long time. I bought mine in 2010 for about $70 new from Amazon. So either way It appears to be an accidental good investment.

don't make me list my "watch" for 10000.....

Last edited:
I want to know how a 25 year old car with difficult ingress/egress, "no soul," and less seating capacity and Hp than a shiny new Accord can sell for more than $30k.

I want to know how a 25 year old car with difficult ingress/egress, "no soul," and less seating capacity and Hp than a shiny new Accord can sell for more than $30k.

Well Said! :)

I just purchased one of these a few weeks ago, and not for the inflated prices. Someone had it for under $300, but most I found were $700 and up, with condition described as being worse than the one I found.

The insult about the multi-thousand dollar books is that they aren't even one of the 500 with leather cover that were released in 2008 (or so says the publisher's web site), and the described condition is worse than the one I bought.

Dan Carney's S2000 book is similarly revered in that community, though the prices haven't gotten to multi-thousands yet.

....about the multi-thousand dollar books is that they aren't even one of the 500 with leather cover that were released in 2008 (or so says the publisher's web site), and the described condition is worse than the one I bought....

Hmmm...."leather covered limited edition"? I think I see the problem here.

Perhaps the leather covered ones command the multi-thousand dollar prices, but sometime a little knowledge, of only part of the story, is a very dangerous thing. So some delusional, or confused seller, heard about the leather one going for big $$$, and decided that their paper covered edition meant they're sitting on a gold mine....possible?

None of the sellers at Amazon describes their books as the leather-bound version. Who knows what these guys are thinking?

Last edited:
I hate to be morbid, but................................mine will go to my son-in-law who has a 98, when I croak, along with most of the literature and models. My titanium shoulder will go to my kids, so that they can engrave it with the shift pattern, and my signature making it a limited edition of #1 of 1, to replace the OEM shift cover, and then ...........................whoever gets the car can grab Old Dad when they shift gears. (It won't fit in the urn anyway, too tall)

I saw a post on the owners group onFacebook recently about a 2nd edition printing coming or already out. For under $100. Anyone else know details?

Back