• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Wake The Dragon 2016

I live in Knoxville, and would definitely be interested in this event. From glancing at the S2ki thread, it seems like the accommodations at Tapoco (which is an amazing place with 2 great restaurants) are full up. Is there a size limit to the event?

I'll have to put this on my calendar.

I live in Knoxville, and would definitely be interested in this event. From glancing at the S2ki thread, it seems like the accommodations at Tapoco (which is an amazing place with 2 great restaurants) are full up. Is there a size limit to the event?

I'll have to put this on my calendar.

There is a limit but what that limit is I do not know. The past few years they have been using Fontana Village as a base camp. Looks like the original organizer Raul Alvarez is back at the helm and has decided to relocate the event.

I think the plan is for anyone that can't fit at Tapoco to stay at Fontana Village.

FYI - just talked to Tapoco, they are full, trying to check Fontana.
more FYI - fontana is almost full also, they had a single 1 room cabin for 125/night plus 13 something a day resort fee

I ended up making a reservation at Microtell in Robbinsville, they have rooms, the only ones they showed on their web site were all non cancellable, if you call them you can get a cancellable rate that isn't much more, then number is 828-479-6772

Last edited:
more FYI - fontana is almost full also, they had a single 1 room cabin for 125/night plus 13 something a day resort fee

Thanks for the heads up. I called today and got one of the smaller 1BR cabins. Not much left up there at all, but the event block rate is a substantial discount.

I was just up at Fontana last weekend, so I should have made my reservations then. Haha.

I once again plan on attending this event next year.

Did you register? I did, and 2NDWIFE and Blacknot are headed up there. I won't be getting there until not long before the beer swap on Friday. I wish we could make it up sooner to do more drives with the group, but working out of state I won't even get back to TN until Thursday night.

Have you guys figured out what drives you're going to do Saturday? It would be cool to get to drive with some other NSXs in the middle of packs of S2ks. I'm definitely looking forward to meeting everyone!

Last edited:
Have you guys figured out what drives you're going to do Saturday? It would be cool to get to drive with some other NSXs in the middle of packs of S2ks. I'm definitely looking forward to meeting everyone!

Same here! Being my first Dragon event, I'm excited to experience the drive and with the NSX, that is a double-win and with a group of other NSX'ers....triple-win! LOL.

I'll be caravanning down with the rest of the NYC Metro guys Tuesday morning so I'll be following their lead in terms of drives planned during the week, however, I am down for breaking from the pack to cruise with other NSX brethren. Keep me in mind with the consensus.

Same here! Being my first Dragon event, I'm excited to experience the drive and with the NSX, that is a double-win and with a group of other NSX'ers....triple-win! LOL.

I'll be caravanning down with the rest of the NYC Metro guys Tuesday morning so I'll be following their lead in terms of drives planned during the week, however, I am down for breaking from the pack to cruise with other NSX brethren. Keep me in mind with the consensus.

I think you'll have a lot of fun. I'm lucky because I'm only about an hour away when I'm at home in Knoxville. I'm just bummed I won't get there until Friday late afternoon.

As far as which drive, we can touch base at the beer swap and figure things out. It seems no one has stepped up to lead the Cherohala drive on Saturday. I'm flexible as I'm always down to learn new roads and make new friends.

Just in case anyone isn't going to this event, but still wants to visit the Dragon, and is going to NSXPO this year, you can actually drive through it and only add about two hours to your total trip time. Just add Robbinsville, NC as a stop on your route. My favorite extra stop when driving between Chicago an Florida. :)

Back