• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Smog station in East Bay

I recently purchased a 91 manual with 62k miles.
its been a CA car all its life; but failed smog last month. It failed on the NOx
car has recently had Oxygen sensors. Hasn't been driven much by prior owner so I've filled the gas and added some cleaner. But having read many threads on smog stations not knowing how to test these cars correctly; I was hoping that this forum could recommend a good smog centre that has experience in testing NSX and also a good service / mechanic that could tell me what might need fixing.

Thanks in advance

If you can post your previous results it may help to understand why it's failing. Common problems are dirty IAT, failing O2 sensors, cold cats.

http://www.haywardsmogtestonly.com/ is where I smog test all of my cars (now only nsx left)

15offrecent.jpg

Thank you! It recently had new O2 sensors. I suspect the car was cold as it was being stored and not driven.
Thanks for the voucher.

Thank you! It recently had new O2 sensors. I suspect the car was cold as it was being stored and not driven.
Thanks for the voucher.
No problem. Vinh is cool dude and he knows Japanese cars including nsx, fd, s2000 and so on. I'll be stopping by soon too ;)

Solidol gave you the perfect place to take your NSX. I will just add that there is a good thread on here about what others have done to help get their NSX to pass smog. I think the thread is in the SoCal forum.

Back