• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My builds - 116 track toy & 522 street toy

NSX 116 - track toy

Some of you already know my first NSX, which after some years of street became my track toy. Now it has around 50 kmiles.

So far mods are :

- Tein Flex
- 17' x 8' ET40 & 18' x 9.5' ET30 Enkei Kojin
- 230/610/17 and 280/640/18 A005 tires
- Downforce air scoop & UNI air filter
- Gt-One N1 exhaust
- Taitec test pipes
- DC Sport headers
- OS Giken LSD with 4.44 final gear
- Brake air deflectors
- Stoptech BBK
- Carbotech XP8 pads
- Type R bars
- Sparco Corsa seats
- 6 point harness
- Oreca steering wheel SoS hub
- 1'' Dali track swaybars
- Front camber bushings
- Front non-compliance suspension clamps
- Rear suspension beam non-compliance bushings
- Rear non-compliance toe links
- Full cage
- Polycarbonate windows and some other weight reductions
- Home made undertray
- Shine GT front lip
- Wing west rear spats
- Diflow rear diffuser
- APR GTC-300 rear wing

To come :

KW Clubsport coilovers

nsx_53.JPG

nsx_54.JPG

NSX 522 - street toy

I really missed the joy of a NSX on a street for the sunny weekend days. I had a good opportunity and bought this very nice NSX with 35 kmiles. The mods will be far less hardcore.

So far mods are :

- 94-01 wheels painted in white
- Type S rear sway
- Bilstein shocks
- Remus exhaust

To come :

- 15 / 30 mm spacers
- H&R springs
- LED bulbs
- Rear spats
- Type-R rear wing
- DC Sport headers
- Downforce intake scoop & UNI filter
- Type R front sway
- Type R chassis bars
- Updated audio system with woofer

nsx_II_02.JPG

nsx_II_03.JPG

nsx_II_04.JPG

nsx_II_05.JPG

nsx_II_06.JPG

nsx_II_07.JPG

nsx_II_08.JPG

nsx_II_09.JPG

nsx_II_10.JPG

nsx_II_11.JPG

nsx_II_12.JPG

DC Sport header on the (long) way. No problem for the time. But WD40, lots of different wrench extensions and an impact gun are really helpfull.

nsx_II_18.JPG

did you put the kw on? if so what spring rates,and how do they feel vs your old system?

This is the stock springs with 15 mm front and 30 mm rear spacers. I realised that the front where on the lower perch while the rears where on the upper perch. Hence the slight slope forward.

nsx_II_13.JPG

I went with Tanabe springs. I first put both fronts and rears on the lower perch but the slope forward was to pronounced. I would scrape everywhere with such a setting. So I finally put the fronts on upper perch and rears on lower perch. Now the ride is pretty flat. For the time, the lowering is pretty light. But I think I will lose 1/2'' more after some miles. I have 205/45 fronts and 245/45 rears. So fender gap would also be a bit less with 215 and 255.

nsx_II_21.JPG

nsx_II_22.JPG

nsx_II_23.JPG

nsx_II_24.JPG

nsx_II_25.JPG

nsx_II_26.JPG

I will come back with better pics later and after some miles.

- - - Updated - - -

I installed the DC Sport headers with stock cats and my (ugly) Remus exhaust. I had already changed the clutch myself some years ago. It was a pain in the ass for an amateur mechanic like me. But changing the headers was not a lot easier. Alignement of the DC headers was not perfect. I needed some muscle to put the cats back between the headers and the exhaut. Lots of thinks to take away (beam, sway bar and reinforcement bars). But this is not the most complicated. Taking out the heat protection of the front header can be trick with rusted screws. You need to take out the O2 sensor first to do this. These O2 sensors are tricky to take out. Get a 22 mm O2 socket. This will save time. Having an impact gun and lots of different 1/4'' and 1/2'' ratchet extending length is a must to access all the different screws.

No leak. Just waiting for the O2 sensor extension cables to test.

nsx_II_18.JPG

nsx_II_19.JPG

nsx_II_20.JPG

Last edited:
Tanabe springs (upper perch front, lower perch rear). Going with the lower perch front or the upper perch rear gave a pronounced slope forward. This way the car lays flat (not the case of the ground on this picture).

nsx_II_30.JPG

Last edited:
Just need to do an alignment and it is ready for the summer !

nsx_II_54.JPG

nsx_II_56.JPG

nsx_II_64.JPG

nsx_II_70.JPG

Mods are :

- Bilstein
- Tanabe springs
- 15 / 30 mm spacers
- Type R front / Type S rear sways
- DC Sports headers
- Remus exhaust
- Downforce air intake scoop
- Type R rear wing
- rear spats
- sound system

nsx_64.jpg

Last trackday for this year. Almost 300 km done. But it was time to stop :D

Now after almost 80'000 km total of which more than 10'000 were on track with slick tires, it is time to change my right wheel bearing (left has been done 2 month ago). I also have to take out the gerabox to do my synchros (2nd is scratching a bit when downshifting).

Back