• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

When will we be able to order custom for the NSX?

Since the last time, Acura said that we should be able to custom order in the end of July but it is now dec and there are no sign when we will be able to order? Anyonr know when the custom order might be available?

thank you

Word I heard was that the ordering computers will be functional this January. That is at least the latest rumor, so take it with a grain of salt.

I just read that Acura is only building 800 cars the first year. Anyone else hear that?

They only built 249 for USA in 2005 so that's 3 X +

I just read that Acura is only building 800 cars the first year. Anyone else hear that?

That figure is supposed to be accurate.

I hope so. I hope they also build no more than 1000 units the year after that. I wouldn't build more until they are consistently selling all their inventory for 3 years running.

Wow, that's more than triple the number of RLX Sport Hybrids built for the 2014 MY (250) and reportedly for the 2016 MY as well. Rumor was that Acura simply didn't have capacity to build that many batteries. I think Acura just didn't know what to do with that car, myself.

In any case, if Acura has the battery capacity to build 800 NSXs in the coming year, that's awesome!

11/22/15 Inquired at local Seattle dealer about what's what (20 year Acura customer here - many new NSX's).

Was told they are finalizing details to become an authorized NSX dealer. No pricing info. No order date info. No delivery timeframe info. Program is a work in progress.

Asked about demo...was told there will be no demo cars. If a prospective owner has an order w/ deposit they can travel to Ohio & drive the car of their dreams. Stressed to me factory
is building cars for world wide distribution and they will sell all they can make.

As it stands today skimpy info....

Edit 11/27/15:

All done waiting for the NSX...Porsche dealer hands you the keys to a new TT for a test drive and says have fun.
It was fantastic & now own it.

Honda/Acura - just in case you haven't caught on yet......."Procrastination is the thief of time"

P1030030_zps47m1b4l2.jpg~original

Last edited:
11/22/15 Inquired at local Seattle dealer about what's what (20 year Acura customer here - many new NSX's).

Was told they are finalizing details to become an authorized NSX dealer. No pricing info. No order date info. No delivery timeframe info. Program is a work in progress.

Asked about demo...was told there will be no demo cars. If a prospective owner has an order w/ deposit they can travel to Ohio & drive the car of their dreams. Stressed to me factory
is building cars for world wide distribution and they will sell all they can make.

As it stands today skimpy info....

Edit 11/27/15:

All done waiting for the NSX...Porsche dealer hands you the keys to a new TT for a test drive and says have fun.
It was fantastic & now own it.

Honda/Acura - just in case you haven't caught on yet......."Procrastination is the thief of time"

P1030030_zps47m1b4l2.jpg~original

I wish Acura would read, AND CARE, about this kind of thing. I am in the same boat. Having had (3) NSXs over the past 20+ years, and having had money down for YEARS on the new one, this final delay was the last straw.

I bought a Mercedes CLK63AMG Black Series after delay number 1,450 a while back, love it, and now I am in the market for ANOTHER car because I am tired of waiting for Acura to get their head out of their backsides. So I find myself now back in the Mercedes showroom looking at their AMGs, and down at Porsche looking into their 991 lineup....all while Acura takes their time and waits for their car to almost be outdated come launch day.

More than anything, it makes me sad. Because we have had a TON of Honda and Acura cars, and (3) NSXs, and I was their biggest fan for a long time. But I am just fed up.

As you said - "Procrastination is the thief of time"

I agree with you. I have owned many Honda's and Acuras. Overall I'm disappointed with the entire line up when it comes to fun cars to drive from them.Im considering the GT4 Porsche. I'm not in the market to pay 180k for the new Nsx. When the original Nsx was released I couldn't afford it either but I always knew one day I would buy one. I have no intention of owning the latest model. I'm very happy I own a S2000 and the Nsx which are two of the best cars they made.

Last edited:
New word is ordering starts Feb 25 and will be pricey. Wonder how many will go for MSRP vs higher?

Yeah, Acura has announced it and online configuration will start on feb 25 2016 for public. The thing is that when will the customers get their keys? I mean when can we see it?

my best educated guess, early summer if the remaining prospective buyers haven't bought something else by then.

seems the list of deposit holders gets slimmer by the day...

Delay, delay, high cost, soft performance targets. Argh. Why don't I get a GTR for half the money and beat hell out of it over 4 seasons? Then trade up when things are sorted and depreciated.

Delay, delay, high cost, soft performance targets. Argh. Why don't I get a GTR for half the money and beat hell out of it over 4 seasons? Then trade up when things are sorted and depreciated.

I don't have issue with the numerous delays which will (we assume) upgrade the car significantly to the level it should have always been.
I understand and can (somewhat) accept the related increase in cost to pay for those gains and improvements (no free lunch).
Though the extent of the cost increase ... plus the cost for some proper upgrades/accessories is unsettling. Some of those upgrade adders were (or should have been) standard on this level of a car. Such as ceramic brakes or proper dressing (like CF) of the engine bay... since they are covering it vs showing it off (though perhaps for engineering or /thermo concerns). It just doesn't seem right.

As for your plan B... I already have a GT-R (1'st year or '09) and do love it... most of the times. So here's 7 yrs ownership feedback to consider. It is (especially considering I took delivery in Oct '08) quite advanced for a reasonably priced supercar ride. But, I'm older and retired plus not a Boy racer at heart, though I do like my "spirited" stints. My GT-R isn't that comfortable (to my preferences) for more routine/daily usage drives. It can be annoyingly quite noisy and/or harsh (drivetrain, tires, suspension etc ) which I understand have been improved with latter versions. Subtle jerky delays when starting (DCT link up) and under some conditions can be annoying if not in my spirited drive mode.. or when the bride in passenger seat. But being a retired engineer, I really appreciate what it took to make it what it is and I don't see ever getting ride of it... not even for a newer version or something else. BTW, I ordered the GT-R as my pre/early retirement present to self. I initially had leaned toward getting the former Front engine V-10 NSX concept, but after it was dropped my decision was made for me.

That said.
I look to the new NSX as being the totally different ride which the GT-R is not. The instant and smooth take off (thanks to the E drive portions) will be very much appreciated by me and hopefully many others. Many complaining of not enough sound haven't tried long drives in a noisy car or don't cherish their hearing enough IMHO. I'd prefer to enjoy a good sound system in a quiet cabin else open the windows when I need to hear more of what is going on. Plus I'm not fond of piped in sound adders. I hope that feature would/will be defeatable for those who don't really needed, and allow it to be switched in for those who do. I preordered my GT-R as soon as possible which was before any reviews were out there. And though there are things I'd like different, I still love my "Old" GT-R for what it is more than what it is not so have no regrets for being an early adopter. I put my money down for being my dealers first NSX order to my preferences a long time ago (6/13) when it was a lesser car and had obviously no reviews to base anything on... beyond faith. I'm still hanging in there, even though what it will probably cost me after proper chosen adders (even though I have an MSRP contract) gives me second thoughts these days. When it was assumed to be a complete package at say $110 - 120K, I could justify it as I did with the GT-R back in '08 as a bargain worth pursuing. But with the now much higher cost of admission, especially if configured properly (and I'm not looking for a mostly CF track car), there are a lot of very worthy alternatives which we know will probably hold value over time. As such I have to admit thinking - should I really be doing this vs something else in a similar (final) price range? I've had 9 Honda M/Cs (4 are still in the Toy Box today... '82 V45 Saber, '07 ST1300, '08 GL1800, '14 CTX1300),. I have owned first 2 gen Preludes, 1'st Legend Coupe and currently 1'st year RL with SHAWD (an '05). Most (other than my earlier M/C's which are long gone) were pre-ordered before they existed (or were reviewed) with faith in Honda/Acura. So far I've not been let down. And as such still (in spite of delays and "somewhat " excess on cost) have faith the NSX won't let me down either. Only time will tell for sure so we'll see.

Back