• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Bilstein/ kW choice/price confusion

Hi all

I have tein springs and oem shocks, I'm considering either getting bilstein shocks or kwv3.

Car is a 91. Runs oem 15/16 wheels with r888 tyres. It's weekend use and occasional track but mostly street/b road. Car will be supercharged.

Basically at $700 dollars for the bilsteins to run with my tein springs, will the extra cost of the kwv3 set up offer a significant enough difference to warrant the higher expenditure?

If anyone has even run both and could input, that would be fantastic.

Many thanks, drive safe!

Last edited:
I had bilsteins with tanabe springs then switched to kw club sports with 650 front and 450 rear springs.

I would say I loved my bilsteins and logged many road trips but I love my kw's more. The adjustability is key. Also if you ever track there's no comparison of the two.

I had Eibachs with Bilsteins then went to KWv3s recently. While Eibachs with Bilsteins were a good compromise suspension, the KWv3s are a whole lot better in every way.

Bilsteins will be compliant but still rather firm. KW V3s are good and significantly better than the Bils. JRZs are better even still.

At the end of the day.. Ignorance is bliss when it comes to dampers. People will think their setup is good until they've tried something better then it's like a whole new world has been opened for them.

My best recommendation is to go to the next meet but not sure if that's even an option in Ireland.

Back