• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tires, tires, tires, tires, tires......

I'm sorry, I can't keep reading millions of threads trying to decipher which tire sizes and brand I should buy, so let me just ask for my specific wheel setup and needs...

Advan RS 17/8 and 18/9... stock suspension.

I have Falken Azenis RT615 on them now, but the rears are BALD (fronts are "fine" I guess... so if I really wanted to I could just buy 2 rears).

I'm just a daily driver... no tracking... just regular daily spirited driving. So I'm MOST interested in what brand is best for tread wear and price. (and what sizes? 275/35 are on rear right now is that right?)

Since you don't track your car, the way to get better tire life is to relax the alignment. Stock NSX alignment is really intended for very aggressive cornering, and chews up tires.
Cut the rear toe in half, and change the front to a mild toe-in from the stock toe-out.
As for tires, I'm partial to AD08's, which are great dry and good wet (don't know about snow).

In addition to what cmthomson stated, you should also look into less sticky and less aggressive tires. The RT615 is considered and Extreme Performance tire with a low treadwear rating. While it provides excellent dry and wet traction, your tradeoff is tread life. Consider something in the Max Performance or Ultra High performance categories on TireRack for better treadwear at the expense of ultimate grip.

Back