• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Introduction and Question on Car Dimensions

Hi everyone. I'm a prospective NSX owner and longtime Honda-nut (former 5th generation Prelude and AP2 s2k owner). I'm a longtime lurker but finally found a decent enough reason to make a post on these forums.

Anyways, the primary reason for making this post is because I have a somewhat unusual dimensional constraint and wanted to see how well an NSX would work with my current setup. Long story short, my garage is located on the bottom floor of my building (early 20th century three story house converted into a six-tenant apartment building) and, thus, has steel support beams located in between the garage spaces. My current car's (Audi s5) doors are too long and are placed too far back on the overall car for me to be able to get out of the car when it's parked in the garage. Essentially, my garage space is useless. Given that I've always wanted an NSX, I figure I might be able to gain both my dream car and a usable parking space.

My question is this: on an NSX, how long is the distance from the most-outward point of the front bumper to the rearmost point of the doors? I searched for a while online, both on these forums and elsewhere on the internet, and have been unable to find this information. I realize this is a somewhat awkward distance for one person to measure (it might be easier with chalk lines or placing an object at each point and measuring the distance between those objects) but there are currently no NSX's for sale near me for me to go measure myself. If anyone might be able to help me out, I'd greatly appreciate it!

I just went out and did a rough measurement for you. From the most forward part of the middle of the front nose to the most rearward part of the doors it looks like almost exactly 9 feet. If this puts you within a couple inches of clearance I can try to do a more precise measurement this weekend.

Last edited:
Also, keep in mind that the doors on the NSX swings about much further than the S2K.

BTW: I had a 5th gen Prelude as well. We've owned the same cars! The NSX is certainly a step up from both those cars. But it doesn't replace the S2K for me, I still love my S2k a lot!

Back