• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX2S2K - S2000 Instrument Cluster Conversion Kit

Heres a video of the cluster in action with some exhaust noise :D

Thank you! So when you redline at 8000rpm does it blink twice like it used to in the s2000's?

Nice video l!zerd! Thank you for sharing it.

S2G-Unit, the AP2 cluster will blink the red area between 8-9k rpm continously as long as the engine is revving in that range. Once you get below 8k it stops blinking.

Best regards,

Dude I'm patiently waiting count me in. I'm afraid if I don't check in with this post every day I'm gonna miss out. I need this

Thank you! So when you redline at 8000rpm does it blink twice like it used to in the s2000's?

That's the best part. The visual warning actually happens 200 rpm before true redline at 8200 rpm and fuel cutoff. I have no idea why anyone would want a AP1 9k redline because of this... Unless it's a custom built motor which I have yet to see any NSX built to 9k reliably.

In my car, I have an alarm set at 7800rpm, then visual AP2 cluster warning at 8k, then fuel cut at 8200. It's awesome and makes it much easier to drive at the limits

--| Releasing 5 kits for 1991-1994 NSX's! |--
--| Choice of either AP1 or AP2 and any combination of accessories |--

--| AP2 exchange program available! |--

Get your name in the list to reserve a kit!

1. Richtuned
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. ...
  5. ...

Best regards,

Last edited:
Details on the AP2 exchange program?

Hi kennyvb,

customers may opt the AP2 exhange program if they have an 04-05 AP2 cluster in their possession that they intend to send me for modification. For a refundable fee of $500, I can ship out one of the AP2's I have in stock for this program to cut down on waiting time. The fee will then be refunded upon receiving the customer supplied cluster, after approved inspection.

I hope that answers your question.

Best regards,

Finally got around to installing this! I love it. Thank you!

One question: the circular light that is to the right of to the trip meter is dimly lit at all times. What is it? I saw it brighten up more when I press the tcs button, but otherwise it's alway dimly lit. See attached pic if not clear what I mean.

f9ce944a77b8b0a4b827cd4da099e24e.png

Two tiny critiques:
* Have a picture of where to cut the nsx black visor. Had to look at the video a few times during install phase to make sure I had it right. At first, i thought you were showing an uncut piece.
* make the connections to the cluster a little longer. It's pretty tight back there, and with the exposed back of the s2k cluster, I was scared I'd damage something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally got around to installing this! I love it. Thank you!

One question: the circular light that is to the right of to the trip meter is dimly lit at all times. What is it? I saw it brighten up more when I press the tcs button, but otherwise it's alway dimly lit. See attached pic if not clear what I mean.

Two tiny critiques:
* Have a picture of where to cut the nsx black visor. Had to look at the video a few times during install phase to make sure I had it right. At first, i thought you were showing an uncut piece.
* make the connections to the cluster a little longer. It's pretty tight back there, and with the exposed back of the s2k cluster, I was scared I'd damage something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi tdiggity! I'm glad you like the kit and I appreciate the feedback. The light you are referring to is connected to the TCS Indicator light, the TCS Activation light and the TCS Off light. It shouldn't be dimly lit. It should either be on or off. It turns on if it's seeing ground on any of the above named signal wires, which happens either when the TCS activates during driving, when the driver has manually disabled the TCS system or when flashing TCS error codes. Can you take a photo of the light when it's supposed to be off and send it to my email? I'd be happy to help out to make sure there is nothing fishy going on there.

Thank you for the feedback, it's this kind of feedback that helps creating an even better product. For the visor part I had already cut it when filming the instruction video so I tried showing as much as possible. I'll try and get my hands on a new visor that hasn't been cut and grab some photos. The wires to the connectors to the cluster can indeed be made a little bit longer. How much longer do you think would be optimal to make the install easier?

Best regards,

Hi tdiggity! I'm glad you like the kit and I appreciate the feedback. The light you are referring to is connected to the TCS Indicator light, the TCS Activation light and the TCS Off light. It shouldn't be dimly lit. It should either be on or off. It turns on if it's seeing ground on any of the above named signal wires, which happens either when the TCS activates during driving, when the driver has manually disabled the TCS system or when flashing TCS error codes. Can you take a photo of the light when it's supposed to be off and send it to my email? I'd be happy to help out to make sure there is nothing fishy going on there.

Thank you for the feedback, it's this kind of feedback that helps creating an even better product. For the visor part I had already cut it when filming the instruction video so I tried showing as much as possible. I'll try and get my hands on a new visor that hasn't been cut and grab some photos. The wires to the connectors to the cluster can indeed be made a little bit longer. How much longer do you think would be optimal to make the install easier?

Best regards,

I'm away this week but will get you pictures when I return. I forgot to mention that I am using an AEM Infinity ECU. It didn't occur to me until your reply that it may be sending a different signal than what's expected. On the stock gauge cluster, it was working like stock.

As for length of wire - When I first connected the cluster to test calibrating the speedometer, it was very easy to disconnect because the gauge surround was not installed. Once I had everything put on, it became hard to reach back there. I think that another 1-2cm should give someone enough room to get back there.

I'm away this week but will get you pictures when I return. I forgot to mention that I am using an AEM Infinity ECU. It didn't occur to me until your reply that it may be sending a different signal than what's expected. On the stock gauge cluster, it was working like stock.

As for length of wire - When I first connected the cluster to test calibrating the speedometer, it was very easy to disconnect because the gauge surround was not installed. Once I had everything put on, it became hard to reach back there. I think that another 1-2cm should give someone enough room to get back there.

Got it on the TCS light. Contact me via email and we can work with this there.

Ok, so 1-2 cm might be better for increased accessability. I have fairly small hands and quite alot of training by now to get this in and out so I guess I'm a bit biased
:smile:

Best regards,

I'm looking for someone with a 1997-2005 NSX who'd be interested in beta testing a kit. Are you the one?

I'm offering my standard beta tester discount, with the electronics bundle going for $299 and I'll waive the AP2 core exchange fee. In return, I'll expect an immediate install and test drive after taking delivery as well as swift, efficient communication with me. I'll also expect that you have basic multimeter knowledge and that you are in possession of one, in case we need to take additional measurements.

If you think you're the right guy, shoot me an email at [email protected] and we'll take a look at your setup.

Best regards,

Excellent deal. If only I can buy another NA2 now.....

Back