• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Bay Area Annual Karting Event 1/9/16

Copying this over from the event I created on the NorCal NSX Owners FB page.

Ok, here is your chance to show everyone your great skill or lack of skill.............Let's start off the new year with a fun karting event at a very nice indoor track. We need a minimum of 8 drivers and we will go with the gold package and pay a little more for trophies. There will be a hot laps session to warm up and get familair with the track followed by a qualifying session and then we grid up for the final race. Podium finish with pics to impress your friends and family as well as trophies and all the bragging rights associated with winning. So show up and race or just sit back and watch the fun. If we can get 20 people signed up we can go with the corporate Challenge. With less than 20 drivers the cost will be ~$60 + $75 more divided by the amount of drivers for trophies..............

https://www.gokartracer.com/55-2/burlingame/

Saturday, January 9th @ 3PM

Attending the Karting event
1. Dhalsim
2. 02 #154
3. Solidol
4. Xetronic
5. Blackracer X
6. Kenneth Chan
7. Robert Corona +1

Last edited:
Roger.
Do you think my 12 yr old son can participate in this event?

Attending the Karting event
1. Dhalsim
2. 02 #154
3. Solidol
4. Xetronic
5. Blackracer X
6. Kenneth Chan
7. Robert Corona +1
8. AMGNSX + (son)

Last edited:
Oh man. Totally forgot my son is having a birthday party that weekend. His birthday is Jan 8.
Sorry fellas. Have fun.

Please note the time has changed to 3:00PM

Here are further details.

SCHEDULE

Racer Check-in Time: 3:00pm
Drivers who arrive and check in later than the above time may not be able to participate in this event.
Number of Drivers: 10
Minimum of 8 drivers required. Session will be exclusive and closed to the public.
Session: Gold Pkg
45-60 laps total—15-20 lap Hot Laps session and 30-40 lap Race session with a 10 minute break in between. Hot Laps is ranked by best lap time, and Race is ranked by best position.
Event End Time: 4:45pm

1st, 2nd and 3rd place will receive trophies and podium presentation and will take their place in history as among the greatest NSX karters in the Bay Area (possibly the world).

The cost per person will be $67 which includes an annual membership for those that don't already have one.

PLEASE NOTE

I WILL NEED EACH PERSON TO PAYPAL ME THE $67 BY END OF DAY FRIDAY 1/8. SEND YOUR PAYPAL TO [email protected] If I do not receive payment from at least 10 members by EOD Friday I will cancel the event.

If more than 10 people show up and the cost per person decreases I will refund each person by the decreased amount.

This is going to be an epic event that will be talked about for a long time.....................don't miss out.

Also for now it appears the weather reports show AM rain with no rain in the afternoon. However you do not need to bring your NSX as we do not have any drives planned before or after this event.

See everyone there.

- - - Updated - - -

Further deatils regarding GoKart Racer's rules

General Rules
1. Drivers 18 years old or over must show a government-issued ID (driver’s license, state ID, passport, or international government-issued ID).
2. Drivers between 8 and 17 years old must have his/her parent or legal guardian sign our liability form in person at GoKart Racer.
3. Drivers between 13 and 17 years old without a driver’s license will NOT be allowed to drive the adult karts unless they have completed 3 Junior Kart sessions and have been approved by Track Supervisors.
4. Drivers between 8 and 12 years old will NOT be allowed to drive in the Adult Karts or Junior Karts. They are only eligible to drive our Kid Karts.
5. Drivers agree to arrive no later than the scheduled arrival time. Drivers that arrive later than the scheduled arrival time may not be able to participate in the event.

6. You are only guaranteed spots for the number of drivers you pay for. Our ability to accommodate additional drivers is not guaranteed. Open spots in sessions are available on a first come first serve basis.
7. Sessions will be open for walk-ins if the group total is below 8 people on Monza or Yokohama tracks and 12 people on the SuperTrack.
8. Drivers agree to wear flat closed-toe shoes.
9. Pregnant women and drivers with back/neck/heart ailments, motion sickness, or claustrophobia should not drive.
10. Drivers under the age of 18 agree to be accompanied by their parent or legal guardian after 6:00pm.
11. GoKart Racer will do its best to honor your track request, but we cannot guarantee a specific track.
12. Patron will conduct its functions in an orderly manner, in compliance with the GKR Policies and Procedures. GoKart Racer reserves the right to exclude or eject any and all objectionable persons from the function or premises without liability

Just wanted to update her for anyone that doesn't follow on FB. The event was a great success! We had the maximum of 13 drivers sign up and the whole event went very well. Very competitive group and we all had lots of fun. Pics are on the NorCal NSX FB page.

Congrats to the top three finishers:

1. Solidol
2. Kenneth Chan
3. Dhalsim

Back