• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX 001 to be sold at Barret Jackson Scottsdale

I wonder if Jay Leno will show up at Barret Jackson this year :)

BARRETT-JACKSON TO AUCTION 2017 ACURA NSX VIN #001 FOR CHARITY AT 45TH ANNIVERSARY SCOTTSDALE AUCTION
Acura.jpg

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/Media/Home/Reader/barrett-jackson-to-auction-2017-acura-nsx-vin-001-for-charity-at-45th-anniversary-scottsdale-auction/

So what does everyone predict it will sell for at auction? It will be embarrassing if the auction price doesn't greatly exceed the suggested retail price. But it will be a marketing win for Acura is someone ponies up over $300,000 for it.

New NSX

As some may know i'm a quality inspector here at HondaJet and as it would happen I'm working today.

Today the in house ticker says, (this all may be old news but just thought I'd share)
"The s/n 001 NSX will be auctioned off at Barrett Jackson in Jan. for charity. (get ready to pay WAY more than retail + BJ's mark up of 18% profit)
The price for the new basic NSX will be $156,000 and with all "options" will be $205,000", (prices USD)
Orders can be made and deposits submitted 26 Feb 2016".

Cheers
nigel

how are the jets selling? they are well priced but small....

most of the bidding on those charity cars is pre determined...already worked out between the usual elephants and Craig..

If I'm not mistaken and correct me if I'm wrong but the first production ZR1 went for around 1 million at BJ. Thats ridiculous money but was for charity also.

Last edited:
As some may know i'm a quality inspector here at HondaJet and as it would happen I'm working today.

Today the in house ticker says, (this all may be old news but just thought I'd share)
"The s/n 001 NSX will be auctioned off at Barrett Jackson in Jan. for charity. (get ready to pay WAY more than retail + BJ's mark up of 18% profit)
The price for the new basic NSX will be $156,000 and with all "options" will be $205,000", (prices USD)
Orders can be made and deposits submitted 26 Feb 2016".

Cheers
nigel

Are you in Greensboro, NC?

The manager of South Coast Acura, in Costa Mesa CA, says they are hoping to fetch a million bucks for the car.

Acura can hope anything they want doesn't meant it'll happen. One million seems a bit out there to me. It's a shame especially since that particular car will likely never get driven as it was intended.

for the charity bidders its not about the car....bj gets a deal from the manufacturers for new hot cars ,because he brings the fat cats looking for some tax basis..

If I'm not mistaken and correct me if I'm wrong but the first production ZR1 went for around 1 million at BJ. Thats ridiculous money but was for charity also.

Basically each of the first C7s sold for a mil too, its kinda the common thing for most first of prodcutions

- - - Updated - - -

Acura can hope anything they want doesn't meant it'll happen. One million seems a bit out there to me. It's a shame especially since that particular car will likely never get driven as it was intended.

Not that outlandish, even outside the corvettes i mentioned above, the first i8 sold at 845k (for "charity" as well)

If 100 of us get together and form an LLC, all we'd have to do is put in $10k each and then we'd have some bidding power to get this car.

Was I right in reading the article that people are bidding for the right to customize VIN 001 instead of actually bidding on the car going across the auction block? If so, I think that is kind of a marketing fail too. Frankly, the car should be a maxed out version in the blue they have been advertising the car in for so long. No one will truly care what options or color it is when they are getting the very first VIN # in a car that is for charity.

Inebriated bidders always seem to have enough money......

Last edited:
Was I right in reading the article that people are bidding for the right to customize VIN 001 instead of actually bidding on the car going across the auction block? If so, I think that is kind of a marketing fail too. Frankly, the car should be a maxed out version in the blue they have been advertising the car in for so long. No one will truly care what options or color it is when they are getting the very first VIN # in a car that is for charity.

Actually, most of Vin #001 Cars for charity at BJ lately have been the same arrangement. You bid on a prototype shown on stage with understanding you then have the ACTUAL/REAL #001 be built to your personal preferences. If I'm going to spend the kind of money they fetch, I do in fact prefer it is the color(s) and options I want. Not everyone will agree on what is best color WHICH THEY prefer so why be forced to settle. Nor will everyone necessarily want every option which may not suit their desires... though I suspect most will. But that should be their choice vs some corporate or PR group/committee. And I think #001 being built to your preferences makes it all that more special as #001 . Plus, if they are still working out final bugs and details of the car before establishing actual production cars, the one on stage this early could have known flaws/deficiencies relative to the final product specs/design... and perhaps ones which require more than what just software to update. IMHO of course.
I'm hoping we can in fact narrow down actual/official day and approximate time for the car... so it can be watched in person else recorded.

From the website: Will be sold at approximately 7:30 pm on friday, january 29, 2016

yes

why

Back