• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NA3 to be 5x114.3mm or 5x120mm?

Since the car is in the wild now, has anyone figured out the answer to this? I'd love it if the wheel dimensions mapped into existing cars so I can find some cheap alternatives out there.

Since the car is in the wild now, has anyone figured out the answer to this? I'd love it if the wheel dimensions mapped into existing cars so I can find some cheap alternatives out there.
The Honda web page linked to in post #23 gives bead seat diameter, width, offset, PCD, and price (sigh) for the optional Modulo wheels available in Japan.
front: 19x8½J 55mm 120mm
rear: 20x11J 55mm 120mm

These diameter/width specs match what's listed for the US market car at http://nsx.acura.com/specs

John
I understand wheel choice is a personal thing and wheel trends come and go as time passes.
And I get that BMW (and others) offer a wider range of wheel choices than either generation of NSX has ever offered.

My point is that the new NSX wheels have a specific offset, width, diameter, center bore, and tire size calibrated for the 4 wheel drive system and so on.
So any aftermarket wheels made for the new NSX would need to meet all those requirements.
There may be some out there, that by chance, happen to fit the new NSX but I'm thinking the PCD becomes irrelevant as regardless of the supply of 5x120 wheels out there how many of them would be a correct fit for the new NSX?

I would think any aftermarket wheel producers would be making a custom NSX wheel to meet the factory specs and so the PCD offered would have to fit the new NSX regardless of whatever PCD is used.

Jim,

So it appears that 5 x 120 is the wheel spec...will be interesting to see if any BMW wheels are sized and spec'd to coincide with the new NSX.

Jim, I think I understand that you will be getting one of the new ones???

John

Jim,So it appears that 5 x 120 is the wheel spec...will be interesting to see if any BMW wheels are sized and spec'd to coincide with the new NSX. I think I understand that you will be getting one of the new ones???
John

John
I ordered one many years ago and I expect it will arrive one of these days, just in time for Canadian winter would be my guess.
Hard to figure out Acura when many of us placed orders on faith a long time ago and yet eBay and cars.com are full of unsold units.
Had I known the Acura marketing program was so weak I would not have ordered one, but rather waited until all the flipping etc. was over with.

John
I ordered one many years ago and I expect it will arrive one of these days, just in time for Canadian winter would be my guess.
Hard to figure out Acura when many of us placed orders on faith a long time ago and yet eBay and cars.com are full of unsold units.
Had I known the Acura marketing program was so weak I would not have ordered one, but rather waited until all the flipping etc. was over with.
That's really a shame that indeed Acura would do this. It's as if the concept of brand loyalty doesn't exist with them at all. Hope you get your NSX soon.

Jim,
I think the point here is that - assuming the PCD is 5 x 120 (same as BMW) that this opens up a much bigger variety of wheel options BMW is known for offering a seemingly unlimited number of wheel styles - and I for one think their wheel styles are better than most brands.

I for one am not a a big fan of black/dark wheels which now dominates many new car models. Seems the OEM car manufacturers have joined this trend that the aftermarket wheels makers started. If you are standing next to a black wheel - looks OK - stand back any distance and IMHO the combination of black tire/black wheel makes the wheel well look empty. Stand further back, and it looks like the wheels and tires have been stolen. Now I know this is certainly old school thinking, but I am an old fart...and entitled to have one. Needless to say this trend is making some very nice older style wheel sets available for
cheap prices.

Well, it seems I am not the only one who doesn't like blacked out wheels. I've been saying for years it looks like and empty hole. Now I know I am not alone.

Back