• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Onboard front and rear camera...anyone put one on their car?

I am looking to add something that powers up and records with easy downloads. I see Costco has the cameras that can get mounted on the rear glass, etc. but I was thinking something more integrated like in the grill and under the spoiler.

Any of you do something/anything similar.

I run the Thinkware X500 camera in my daily. It allows for a rear mounted camera to be plugged right into it. It's an excellent unit so far. The software it comes with for video viewing is really good, too. It even has a little map with it that shows where you are while the video plays and a 3-axis G-force display.

Im currently installing a Blackvue DR650GW-2ch with the magic pro module and love it. started the install yesterday and i should finish today with the hardwiring. It has a cloud based server so you can watch your cam footage live if its connected to a wireless hot spot (maybe a 2 second delay) from your cellphone or computer. Its pretty awsome as now i can see my car in my garage as im at the office working. I have the front camera fitted right behind the rearview mirror and you cant even see it in the cabin. For the back camera i had it attached on the middle division mirror between us and the engine. Its a pricy dash cam but so far i love it more than any of the cheaper alternative i had, mainly due to the cloud function

My wife bought me the Blackvue DR650GW-2ch. with magic pro power module as well. I have yet to install. A friend in our cars and coffee group has one, and he can watch his car from the coffee shop on his phone when out of physical view. it has a G-force sensor, that will send data when the car is as much just touched.

My wife bought me the Blackvue DR650GW-2ch. with magic pro power module as well. I have yet to install. A friend in our cars and coffee group has one, and he can watch his car from the coffee shop on his phone when out of physical view. it has a G-force sensor, that will send data when the car is as much just touched.

To be honest i dont think the g-force sensor will be that accurate when its touched but when its hit it will trigger and it also has a motion sensor which trigger. On the pro magic you can set it to be on inifinite and it will lock on the motion sensor when ever anyone walk by. It also wont allow your battery voltage to drop below 12v if you trigger that mode, so your car can still start lol.

Im currently installing a Blackvue DR650GW-2ch with the magic pro module and love it. started the install yesterday and i should finish today with the hardwiring. It has a cloud based server so you can watch your cam footage live if its connected to a wireless hot spot (maybe a 2 second delay) from your cellphone or computer. Its pretty awsome as now i can see my car in my garage as im at the office working. I have the front camera fitted right behind the rearview mirror and you cant even see it in the cabin. For the back camera i had it attached on the middle division mirror between us and the engine. Its a pricy dash cam but so far i love it more than any of the cheaper alternative i had, mainly due to the cloud function

Any more info on how you wired it up/to which circuit would be really appreciated! I am about to start my install. I will also shoot you PM

I have the Thinkware F750 in my daily and it's been a lifesaver. I've been debating on hardwiring and adding a mount in the NSX so I can just transfer the camera whenever we drive the NSX. I've thoroughly enjoyed it and the picture quality is amazing. I've seen them on sale at Best Buy for as low as $249.99.

I typically use the Papago Gosafe 200 in all of my cars. It sits behind the mirror and is out of the way. I have nothing but positive things to say about it. In my two daily drivers it is hardwired to the mirror and it runs whenever the car is on. I dont even think about it.

i do not have a rear facing, but i would not hesitate to get another papago unit as they are coming out with one that does record forward and rear.

Back