• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Back to life for 95T scorp965 rebulid by RUNDLC

Thanks guys, it means a lot to me to know im doing good work in your eyes. I was a little worried how everyone would take this rebuild, but I started the thread to document just how she would be rebuilt and I mean to finish.

I'm really trying to reach out to this community of enthusiasts that absolutely love the nsx for help, advice and parts. I will get this done. I'll keep posting the updates.

My next big chore is to secure the 02 bumper parts to begin designing the new "gt" bumper spoiler, my plan is to scale it back an inch or so to keep it from looking like a snowplow. I want the general look just less of it. I have one good piece of the old route ks bumper and will use that to take all the dimensions from and rework it from there.

Stay tuned

[MENTION=30430]LeftCoastNSX[/MENTION]

Here ya go, mounting base

md0adu.jpg

This is really impressive and fascinating to see. Can't wait to see more progress and pics!! Please keep us updated!

Here are the last body shop update pics before she comes home on Monday. Finally I'll be able to get things back together, my goal is back on road by June 10th my birthday.

5mcs1s.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

iwrvur.jpg

2z7rblk.jpg

Last edited:
Car was dropped off Tuesday the 5th. I was able to get in a few days of work getting things back together. It's coming along nicely. Still need to secure a better hood, front 02 bumper, a new 02 pass side headlight and a few odds and ends.

qqzu42.jpg

As a side note I really don't like the way the headlight conversion was done, the wiring was a mess! I think I would like to get used oem unmolested light harnesses and buy plug and play adapters from downforce, they're 200.00 but in my mind it would be much cleaner, unless someone knows of a more economical route.

Last edited:
2iabxoj.jpg
This is a pic of the back of one of the fenders that was on the car, I didnt like the way the marker was deleted sooooo I had my metal guy do a proper patch
2rejzwg.jpg
I then decided to re-purpose the downforce duct that was in my damaged hood! Hey why spend 1600 when you can tackle it your self so we cut up the old one and decided to use this VIS (guess) carbon hood, we"ll begin that transformation soon.
3uhdi.jpg
Started test fitting the headlights and hood, I will more than likely have to repair the headlights as one important mounting tab is missing.
10ngih5.jpg
27y0dco.jpg
e5frq1.jpg
Started to try and figure where to cut!! We'll measure 10 times before I'll allow my body guy to start hacking away
5x2vkh.jpg
I'm still chasing that elusive 02 front bumper, I am on a budget so Im holding out that somebody somewhere has an OEM one for sale, if not i'll bite the bullet in a few days as work is getting so busy that I may not have much time to devote to getting this done and at least driveable by June 10th, we will see

Last edited:
Thanks guys!

I'm at the point that I hate dealing with, electrical stuff. My issue right now is trying to sort out how the p.o. did the headlight wiring, the passenger side all seems to work less the h.i.d. which I need the wire harness from the bulb to the converter (both sides)

The drivers side running and turn signals work, but the main bulb will not fire, now here is the strange part, I get a 12v signal when the lights are turned on, passenger side fires up. I test wire the bulb off the 12v signal and ground, NOTHING!!

So I get a new headlight harness from my local nsx yard, plug her in, I get 12v signal and ground out of the oem plug, try to test wire the bulb, NOTHING!!!

I then put the bulb directly to battery positive and negative PRESTO!! bulb lights up!!???

I sure could use a hand from one of you guys that have been down this road.

Can anyone help???

This is the one drawback from doing a project like this you have to figure out what someone else has done previously and whether they did it properly.

It'll get done but now I'm in trouble shooting mode

When you're testing those voltages is it with the bulb/etc plugged in and the circuit under load, or is it with them unplugged and just probing the connector?

If it's the latter, plug it in and backprobe the connector with some pins/etc then check voltage and you may find it to be significantly lower while under load. That would point to a high resistance at some point in the circuit (usually a wire that got nicked and it now green and fuzzy).

Thanks clutch1! I guess I need to take a step back, I should have probably gone through that front harness to begin with!! Dumb move on my part, I'll strip that front harness next. I don't want to put this whole thing back together just to tear it down, better to stop now and reassess from here.

SMH

That was one of the first lessons back in tech school when electrical troubleshooting stuff.. always test with circuit under load ;)
Let us know how it goes! Progress looks amazing so far.

Well a lot of Thanks to Thomas @ Downforce! I bought his plug & play harnesses and hid upgrade kit, hooked it all up and BAM!! headlights work perfectly! No more butchered up wiring.

I found a 02 bumper complete along with a carbon fiber VIS vented hood from a Prime member so things are coming together without a bunch of reworking of parts. That will save time and money in the long run.

My next step is to track down the leak in the VRH front cups, however it lifts the front end up with no problems, it just doesn't hold air for more than two minutes. My first choice is to fix it. If it becomes too much of a headache I'll sell and let some of the young bucks figure it out. It would get me over speed bumps as it was designed to do.

I plan on bleeding the brakes this weekend and hopefully I can get it over to the alignment shop. I still haven't changed the passenger side control arms, I'm sure it's not going to align since there's a good chance it was damaged in the accident, I have a new set in the wings just in case. I also want to adjust the ride height a half inch or so it sits a little too low for my old bones.

I secured an oem glass in a trade for the snorkel and hatch so that's back to oem type equipment.

Well that's all for now.

Dhalsim,

It actually runs now, I need to bleed the brakes before driving it of course. I would like to have it done by mid June early July. We will see how it goes. I want to have a full service done on it before starting any Paint work. I will either go with Shad or Roseville Acura have not decided yet.

Still a lot of things to do, hood will be here Monday and the 02 bumper probably next Thursday. I doubt that I'll put it on till most everything is done.

Shad probably already worked on the car at some point. He is a 1 man shop, but he is super friendly, honest, and my nsx ownership would have been short lived not meeting him. You cannot go wrong with Shad. But just understand, it is not the normal turn around time using him. But 199% worth waiting... I'd have it no other way...

- - - Updated - - -

For example, my last cars trip to Shad's my car spent about 2 weeks in his shop prior to him diagnosing it. I had what appeared to be a damaged rear ball joint. Which normally would require a aftermarket repair or a whole new control arm from Acura...
It took a while to have him diagnose it, but the ball joint nut was just loose. 1/2 hour labor charge for an honest mechanic. But just a bit of advice, do not take your car in during track season. You may wait much longer. But as I said previously, TOTALLY WORTH THE WAIT!

Last edited:
A few updates have been done, finally got the passenger side control arms replaced, I need to swap out the tie rod end this weekend.

I was able to purchase a used Seibon type r hood and b.b. oem front bumper to finish out the build. I will say that the hood is going to take a little massaging on the drivers side. I don't want to paint the carbon fiber. I may opt to "Save" up to buy a better hood in the future.

The oem bumper was a bonus, after thinking about this for a few months I just decided that I wanted to just bolt the parts on and walk away, no making it fit. Thanks Jinks for pushing me in that direction.

I am waiting for some bumper stays from japan to get the bumper mounted. The seatbelts and srs computer are holding me up from reinstalling the interior, I really want to get back in

I hope to get the car in for a all wheel alignment and height adjustment, it's about 3/4" too low. I read somewhere that Scorp965 had installed shorter Swift Springs on the car and I'm hoping I don't have to buy new ones. I'm not sure how much I can lift her without doing new Springs.

I did get a very nice hood duct from Thomas at downforce which looks the part in helping to vent the hot air.

The VRH lifts are now working properly and holding air as designed.

I'll be on 7 weeks of vacation starting the first week of June so I'm hoping to make some real progress then.

Well stay tuned.

Last edited:
Awesome news! Congrats on all of your hard work!

Back