• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Back to life for 95T scorp965 rebulid by RUNDLC

Hurry up and get the beast out of hibernation and unleash it at one of our next meet in sac. Can't wait to see another nsx around our neighborhood. Good luck and sorry I haven't been any help.

Siebon hood. I thought it would fit a little better.
20160521_171100.jpg
20160521_195139.jpg
I now know the d.f. hood duct will work with the seibon hood but it doesn't fit tight. Next time I buy a hood it will be the downforce. That's later though. I'm bleeding green and don't ask I've lost track:cool:

Last edited:
Hurry up and get the beast out of hibernation and unleash it at one of our next meet in sac. Can't wait to see another nsx around our neighborhood. Good luck and sorry I haven't been any help.

Hey no prob Neumoney we all are busy, Im sure you would lend a hand if I needed it.

I was too excited not to post the small changes!

I was told by multiple dealers and a few guys that these 02 bumper stays were on back order indefinitely, well I was blessed to find them cause as you know you wont mount your oem bumper without them!! I only have to wait a few more days to actually get my hands on them.
attachment.php

Since I dont have the stays yet I couldn't help myself I had to at least see what it was going to look like, I am also awaiting a more aggressive bottom lip from a forum brother to give her a little more edginess! As always excuse the mess in the back.
attachment.php

The body guys are going to drop by today to see what needs to be done, the repaired drivers fender does not want to align with the bumper so we'll see what needs to be adjusted or reworked.
I sam starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel and what a ride this as been. I have had fun and spent countless dollars but I LIKE what I see, she is gonna be sweet

Attachments

• BUMPSTAYS.jpg
    BUMPSTAYS.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 2,299
  • 20160525_170203.jpg
    20160525_170203.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 2,298
You made a great choice in choosing an oem bumper. Putting fiberglass out on the front lines of defense is costly and sounds horrific when scraping.

You made a great choice in choosing an oem bumper. Putting fiberglass out on the front lines of defense is costly and sounds horrific when scraping.

Hey Jinks, it was the 500.00 price tag that sold me!! Lol, lol.
Now if you got a driver's side fender laying around I'll be golden!

Hey Jinks, it was the 500.00 price tag that sold me!! Lol, lol.
Now if you got a driver's side fender laying around I'll be golden!
Sorry I do not. My own fender needs a lil tlc anyway. Those mirrors on your car are freakin cool looking. I'm still waiting for Jeff to start making the carbon 6 mirrors again with full power. I wish I had jumped on a set of those years ago. 2k was a steal for them.

Great to see you're rebuilding this, and you're local to me too!! Do you end up selling the rear hatch and snorkel?

Last edited:
Great to see you're rebuilding this, and you're local to me too!! Do you end up selling the rear hatch and snorkel?

Great, what part of town are you in? Love to meet you. Don't have a lot of nsx buddies yet here locally. Pm me your contact info send we'll meet up.

I did end up getting rid of the hatch and snorkel, car really didn't need it. I like the oem glass hatch much better.

Latest update,

I decided that I wanted to do things the way it suited me. I decided to go with a modified oem hood. YES, I'm going to destroy a perfectly good 02 hood cause well I bought it!! Lol, lol

I also got the bumper beam and lower lip installed(Thanks Chris love the lip!!) in perperation of getting this thing over to the body shop.

I'm still in need of a driver's fender, I bought one but it was so bad I just can't see using it, I'm hoping the person I got it from will help me out since I can't use it. Anyway I gotta keep moving forward if this car is gonna get done. I'm ready to drive!!

20160613_134130.jpg

DSC04982-1.jpg
This is what I'm after! Anyone know the person that actually does this please pm me just want to chat

Last edited:
That's amazing that you can modify an OEM hood to look so great. Much better than aftermarket options!

Looking forward to the more updates.

Its been just over 5 months since I started down this road of trying to rebuild this car. I have actually driven it about eight miles and I can say a few things about it. Once I am done Im going to really enjoy driving it! Since I have never really driven an nsx I dont know "how" its supposed to feel. The one thing I do know is that it shouldn't be "squirrely" I attribute that to either needing a full alignment which will happen this week, or a combination of the alignment and the coil over / VRH system now on it. I plan to raise that car about an inch or so, I know the lower it is the cooler it looks but I cant help but to think that it does not help the ride quality. I like the "cool" don't get me wrong but I want a happy medium.

From what I can gather through my trolling is that Scorp installed some swift short springs on the car. I am hoping there is enough "adjustment" to get that extra inch of height. The VRH is really cool too does it help or hurt the ride? Any thoughts on this?

The acceleration and sound are amazing! My brakes, even though I bled them are still too soft at the pedal, I either need to re-bleed them or the master brake cylinder is gonna need some attention.

At this point I am trying to get the new parts painted, I cannot afford a full body paint right now so we are gonna buff this baby and pray that it will look great. Maybe in a year or two I can maybe get it resprayed. I have been in contact with Shad and he's pretty busy right now, so he suggested that I get the body and paint done and then come see him.

I have made numerous changes along the way that have more than likely cost me more money than it should have but I am sure I have made the right moves in the end. I traded the snorkel and scoop for an oem back glass which for me was the right thing to do. I am glad I decided to NOT get the Route KS GT bumper. I am thinking i "may" get rid of the rear Route KS rear bumper for an oem 02 style (verdict is still out on this) I know this will go against what most feel is a safety issue, I am not going to be replacing the air bags right now and my plan is to just use an older oem seat belt until later on. At least i'll have belts!

Before
attachment.php

Almost done after

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1stdayhome.jpg
    1stdayhome.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 1,986
  • nsx-almost2.jpg
    nsx-almost2.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 2,004
Last edited:
This tread is almost at a closing point!

Interior is back in20160731_143221.jpg

Car is smogged, registered and I've put about 200 miles on her so far. I went to Driving Ambition for a check up just prior to being smogged. We'll be on the schedule in 2 weeks for a full service just because.

My custom hood duct is being made so no body and paint until that is over. Car needs to raised a tad but overall experience has been nice. I love the growl she makes going thru the gears.

I am looking to sell or trade the rear route ks bumper for an 02 oem berlina black set up if anyone is interested pm me.

This has been a real experience but a fun project. Even with the car not being finished I get high fives from everyone.

Can't wait to get the a/c working though cause it's too dang hot in Sacramento for no ac!!

A big thanks to everyone who has either sold me parts, given encouragement and or advice you know who you are.

I have not done the books yet so I don't know where I am money wise but to tell you the truth I don't really care cause driving this nsx is beyond fun!!

Last edited:
Damn, dude. Quite the journey. I can't wait to see it all painted and finished. That interior looks amazing. What kind of material is that for the seat centers?

I have finally finished this project! I still need to rebadge it and do a few minor details. The real disappointment came when my fabrcator fumbled the ball on my custom hood duct. When I first started this whole thing that was what I wanted, never the less thats life. I painted all new parts and then had the car color sanded and buffed and Im really happy with the end result. It is not flawless by any means but I can live with it no problem

This has been a serious journey! Would I do it again?? YOU BET! For now im just going to enjoy her and have fun doing so. A big thanks to everyone who lent a hand whether it was selling me parts or just encouragement I truly appreciate it! I know there are those that wouldn"t dare own a salvage title car and would never approve of one, as my lovely granddaughter loves to say " OH WELL" Im gonna drive the HECK out of it.

Ill try to get some pics posted soon as Ive been very busy as of late. Again thank you NSXPRIME members

I have finally finished this project! I still need to rebadge it and do a few minor details. The real disappointment came when my fabrcator fumbled the ball on my custom hood duct. When I first started this whole thing that was what I wanted, never the less thats life. I painted all new parts and then had the car color sanded and buffed and Im really happy with the end result. It is not flawless by any means but I can live with it no problem

This has been a serious journey! Would I do it again?? YOU BET! For now im just going to enjoy her and have fun doing so. A big thanks to everyone who lent a hand whether it was selling me parts or just encouragement I truly appreciate it! I know there are those that wouldn"t dare own a salvage title car and would never approve of one, as my lovely granddaughter loves to say " OH WELL" Im gonna drive the HECK out of it.

Ill try to get some pics posted soon as Ive been very busy as of late. Again thank you NSXPRIME members

If the weather is somewhat ok this weekend, you should make the drive to Monterey that [MENTION=16375]Dhalsim[/MENTION] coordinates. A long drive for you, shit a long drive for me, but a great experience either way.... Gotta show off that hard work brother. Even if it is not "finished."
For example, I have seen several cars on instagram and facebook that look awesome in pics then look like shit in person. But at the end of the day they are all old ladies....
Drive it!

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Just a few quick pics of my ride, im no pro at taking pics but you get the point. WHEW DONE

Attachments

• frontnsx.jpg
    frontnsx.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 1,498
  • passsidensx.jpg
    passsidensx.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 1,494
  • rearnsx.jpg
    rearnsx.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 1,494
  • sidensx.jpg
    sidensx.jpg