• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Back to life for 95T scorp965 rebulid by RUNDLC

Coming upon a year of this project being finished and yesterday I finally had that a/c service completed as it is HOT in Sactown!!

It was touch and go for awhile, we had three different leaks that kept the system from holding pressure. We replaced one of the o-rings and unbolted two other connections and realigned them and bam she held.

I now feel it's a complete rebuild. I'm enjoying the the car as much as possible and now that she has ac I can go no matter the Temps outside!!

Last edited:
Coming upon a year of this project being finished and yesterday I finally had that a/c service completed as it is HOT in Sactown!!

It was touch and go for awhile, we had three different leaks that kept the system from holding pressure. We replaced one of the o-rings and unbolted two other connections and realigned them and bam she held.

I now feel it's a complete rebuild. I'm enjoying the the car as much as possible and now that she has ac I can go no matter the Temps outside!!

Awesome! You should have joined us for the Napa drive last Saturday.

Thanks for the props guys!! Means a lot for getting her done right.

Looks like I just dodged a major rebuild!! Took the car to Driving Ambition a few days ago for wp/tb major service, I had a cracked surge tank but the most critical thing was there were 4 small screws laying at the bottom of the intake manifold that were just sitting in a small pool of oil!! I'd be looking at a total rebuild if those had gotten sucked into the cylinders! Shad said I should buy some lotto tickets cause this could have been a tragic event, thank the Lord I took it in when I did.

Hope to pick it up tomorrow all fresh.

Last edited:
Congrats on the rebuild. I am loving it all minus the tail lights. They are a bit to dark. Have you considered going with the JDM tinted tails?

Are you still going ahead with the OEM hood duct at all?

Congrats on the rebuild. I am loving it all minus the tail lights. They are a bit to dark. Have you considered going with the JDM tinted tails?

Are you still going ahead with the OEM hood duct at all?

06_typeS

The car actually had the jdm tails when I bought it, that was the previous builders vision. I wanted a more stealthy/vadorish look so I opted for the tinted 02 tails fits my style. I really wanted the oem ducted hood but the guy doing my metal work dropped the ball, if I could find someone local to do the fab work by all means I would do it.

I am stuck looking for a reasonably priced BYS or downforce hood, I'm leaning towards the BYS because it is a lillte beefier than the df, I know that goes against the weight savings crowd but I don't race or track the car so its not that much of an issue for me.

Last edited:
I want to take the time to give a BIG shout out to Shad @Driving Ambition! After having the full service completed, I can say that it was worth every penny having him work on my car.

The difference is night and day, much more power, and man she sounds like a well oiled sewing machine. Talk about that beautiful whine from the engine bay. I'm ecstatic can't wait to get her out again this weekend!

All future service? You know where I'm going!

Thanks again Shad

So you boosted it?

So you boosted it?

Jinks, no don't think I'd ever do that, but she has a whine non the less, not like the boosted guys however. I guess it shows just how bad she was running to begin with!!

After finishing the car I never had anything done to it, and I don't believe Paul the p.o. did either.

Man it's been almost two years!!! Had to do the bi-annual smog last week. Even after the major tb/w/p tune she would not pass the tough Cali smog. So I opted to get after market cats rather than shell out 1k each for oem. Cost for new cats and install right at 700.00.

Took her back today and she is cleaner than the board of health!
Still enjoying being behind the wheel! See ya in the soup!!

Wow can't believe it has been over 2 years since I last checked in on this thread. You resurrected her back from the dead; what accident?! Props for going through everything meticulously and putting her back together Carthan. She is ready for WestFest in Vegas come April 2019 :D

Wow can't believe it has been over 2 years since I last checked in on this thread. You resurrected her back from the dead; what accident?! Props for going through everything meticulously and putting her back together Carthan. She is ready for WestFest in Vegas come April 2019 :D

Thanks Dude!! I really appreciate your comment, it gives me some cred to look forward to doing my next challenge. I've actually put her up for sale

Thanks Dude!! I really appreciate your comment, it gives me some cred to look forward to doing my next challenge. I've actually put her up for sale

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ENXvZ9YRjbo" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hey bro, first let me say that your build truly inspired me to pick up a salvage NSX and bring her back to life. I found a 95 NSX through an auction and it also has frame damage (passenger frame rail like yours). I’m looking for a shop in the Bay Area who can put her together once I find a donor frame rail. Your NSX turned out amazing so I wanted to ask if you can please refer me to the body shop you used. Your post gives me a ton of hope and any info would be greatly appreciated.

Hey bro, first let me say that your build truly inspired me to pick up a salvage NSX and bring her back to life. I found a 95 NSX through an auction and it also has frame damage (passenger frame rail like yours). I’m looking for a shop in the Bay Area who can put her together once I find a donor frame rail. Your NSX turned out amazing so I wanted to ask if you can please refer me to the body shop you used. Your post gives me a ton of hope and any info would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry havent been on in a while. Sure Ill pm you

Back