• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Back to life for 95T scorp965 rebulid by RUNDLC

I am pretty new to prime but have have been a lurker here for some time as I have always liked the nsx. Not one to shy away from a challenge I decided to have a go at this 95 I had originally found on craigslist. After having one of my best friends go and physically check the car out, I decided to put a deposit down.

Car was delivered to me on January 7th 2016, I began immediately securing parts from local and far reaching prime members. I now have almost all parts needed to begin the reconstruction process. I have the complete donor frame rail, question is do we splice or install per acura body shop manual? After much consideration I decided the best way is the right way. I know it would be cheaper to butt splice, however saving money on this part of the reconstruction is unwise.

I have interviewed three local shops (all come highly recommended) I have narrowed that down and hopefully February 15th she will be on the frame rack to begin the transformation. I will do my best to document as we proceed. To date I have removed all the damaged parts effected by the collision, have removed the interior seats, dash and wiring etc This has been a learning experience, but a necessary one because it teaches me how to dismantle this baby myself. I have put all nuts and bolts in ziplock bags or placed them back in the location where they belong so they are not lost or mixed up.

I will probably have to use the economical route as far as hood and frp type bumpers for the time being until I can further afford to get the nice stuff. I dont consider it a step forward and two back because I can get her on the road faster. I dont fancy the GTR style bumper by Route that was on the car but have been advised to redo the car as it was before the accident by a few well known members who have been helpful (you know who you are) Thanks

For right now I am going to use an 02 style with the downforce style hood, thankfully for me I have multiple friends that own body shops so doing resprays and body work are a non issue, however they didnt feel the need to tackle the frame rail issue.

I will begin to post pics pretty soon as I get more organized. I am sure there will be comments both for and against, I only ask that we stay positive. I understand that Prime is the best forum dedicated to preserving this beautifully designed automobile. I only want to save one more of them.

I am in need of a complete lower radiator support (may have but prime member is out of the country right now) so Ill keep looking. Ill be making more calls to AH in Rancho. Cant wait to have her back on the road and over to Driving Ambition for a well deserved complete service.

zx0l1s.jpg

2h6cy8j.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

2gtyqfb.jpg

As you can see here this is where the frame rail seperated.

2lllgmh.jpg

This is the drivers side under fender No damage as far as I can see.

5arfit.jpg

passenger side, you can see the crumple zone has moved, I measured about 3/16" This will get pulled back before we remove the frame rail.

2poxxmw.jpg

new donor frame rail

Last edited:
Wow, I didn't even know this car was involved in an accident! What happened? I knew Scorp had built it, then it was owned by a friend of mine (Paul).

Noooo the spoon front bumper 😢

Good luck on bringing her back to life. Can't wait to see the results.

Last edited:
[MENTION=21326]RUNDLC[/MENTION]
As I mentioned before, I think it is awesome your taking this on. Don't feel bad, I bought a salvaged nsx which once had a sunroof cut into it. That is all gone now. This car has tons of nice upgrades. If I can recommend 1 thing, it is to buy an Oem bumper which is dot approved. Not some cheap ass fiberglass bumper which removes brackets and or styrofoam bumper cushions. Sometimes I think if this had an Oem front end, would the damage be that bad? But seeing your pictures it looks like someone hit a pole or a tree. Anyways, a big thumbs up for saving a sexy black girl.:biggrin:

Looking forward to seeing this build. I have a shell with about the same amount of damage to the rails and yours should aid in ideas.
I also saw this car go through the auction and if had put the pieces together about it being Scorps I would have bought it. :)

Good luck and have fun!

Wow, I didn't even know this car was involved in an accident! What happened? I knew Scorp had built it, then it was owned by a friend of mine (Paul).
Oyagi, Could you contact Paul for me, I am interested in seeing if he has the lug nut key and detachable stereo screen? I will need to destroy the lugs to get them off.

@ Jinks,, Thanks, I don't think oem bumpers would have helped much as I can tell. I actually think it helped some having the fiberglass spoon style bumper on cause there was less resistance but then again who really knows. There are so many c.f. style bumpers on the nsx platform that I am not sure it will matter that much. I will however in the future get the spoon bumper.

@ Johnwayne, Yes it seems that a few guys wanted to buy it! I have been told that I paid too much and maybe I did but I look to have a finished product for under 35k I could have bought an earlier one and been driving now but to put all the upgrades into it would have been a TON of CASH. If you are in need of a drivers side frame rail I may be willing to part with the complete donor that I have. I won't be using it for this rebuild. You can pm me if you are interested.

enough to do for you - good luck

By the way: If you should not need the mirrors anymore (spoon GT as far as I can see), would be interested in buying them:smile:

enough to do for you - good luck

By the way: If you should not need the mirrors anymore (spoon GT as far as I can see), would be interested in buying them:smile:

hondasash, you'd better get in line, I have talked to at least 3-4 guys that want them. I was "told" you could get them for around 900.00 online somewhere, is this not true? If I decide to sell them they would probably go on fleebay. At this point Im not interested in selling. Thanks for the offer though.

Didn't expect something else.
You are right, you can buy these mirrors for approx. 900 USD at Spoon directly, but unpainted -

Will do so and ask my fellow to put a layer carbon on it

hondasash, you'd better get in line, I have talked to at least 3-4 guys that want them. I was "told" you could get them for around 900.00 online somewhere, is this not true? If I decide to sell them they would probably go on fleebay. At this point Im not interested in selling. Thanks for the offer though.

Well the 15th of February is fast approaching and I am a lot less nervous now than a week or so ago. Not having a lower radiator support would not have been a good thing!! A big THANK YOU to fellow prime member Jessie for reaching out to me about the part. Best thing is the front clip is from a 02 so now not only do I get the rad support but I get the correct headlight buckets which were not done the best when p.o. did the headlight upgrade.

I am stoked, so I can breathe a little better since I now have all the major parts required for this reconstruction.

67i45f.jpg

I think I have come to the conclusion that I will be removing the spoon snorkel and hatch and selling them. I'm a little old for the look and I don't think this is a track car so what is the purpose??

Last edited:
wow! im glad you are putting it back to life! i remember when Scorp was selling it but for some reason wasnt able to come down on time to snag it up.

cant wait to see the final outcome

Car is finally on the rack, tons of work I should see some good progress by next by Thursday the 3rd of March. The gentleman doing the work is well known to me via another buddy. I had never actually met the guy but saw the kind of work he has done.

I had in my mind to do this repair one way. I have been told by my frame guy that he will ensure that the car is to factory specs and that I should trust that he will make it right, so I'm stepping back and allowing these guys to do their thing.

I am conflicted in that I do feel that the nxsr-gt look is the way to go, however I decided to use a normal 02 front bumper, but I'm not sure the two styles look good together.

The faster I can get a gt bumper from japan the better but am stuck right now.

Anyone have a gt bumper laying around???? Lol, lol.

Last edited:
Good luck restoring the car!! It is what made me want to get the Gt bumpers .. U still have the snorkel for sale?

Can't wait to see this back on the road!

@bzyrice,You have gt bumpers? Mannnnnn. I'm getting close the car is about to get the front clip completed, the car should be back home from the frame shop and then I'll start putting parts back on. I'm still "open" to selling the snorkel so shoot me an offer I can't refuse!

@condomwerkz,Thanks for the props! Hit me up sometime would love to meet more local guys.

The rebuild has gone totally different than I first thought. After many trips to the shop to go over details with the guys it was determined that they would not rip the entire rail out.After seeing multiple jobs being done in was convinced they knew what they were doing. So off came the entire front rails in front of the structural towers, these areas get re-inforced and welded together.

My main concern was that all oem measurements be met. The 02 clip is going to make a nice starting point. My new goal is to find an oem upper bumper, and then design the bottom portion to mimic the gt bumper. I want it to be removable like oem. I know the nsx r gt bumper is one piece but I'm trying to do my own thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Thought I better get some pics going. Yesterday I was trying to by a difflow and it didnt go too well so I got a little heated and said forget it Ill fix the one I have!! I had emailed difflow the pics of the damaged part, they told me to forget about it and just buy a new one. I shrugged it off threw the thing in a corner and forgot about it UNTIL yesterday. Armed with a few tools and a few hours I managed to salvage the darn thing and save myself 350.00 in the process. Its not perfect but hey its under the car!!

After I took it off
2w3x7qw.jpg

Reparing
11j7mf6.jpg

finished

317fhuw.jpg

OK now the heavy duty stuff, final fitting and welding are starting tomorrow. The car was pulled and straightened and all measurements verified.
3325gt4.jpg

Some work in the shock tower.
15g86r9.jpg

This car had some issues prior to being sold to the last owner, it was apparent that those repairs were not corrected by the previous "expert" who worked on it. The work was shoddy at best. These guys are ensuring that it will be fixed properly. I know this goes against what most people think but I fully trust the shop doing the work. I can drop in at anytime without an appoint, question them and generally find out how the plan on doing the repair. I-car certified and one of the best aluminum welders in northern california have taken this car to task and Ill have it back in one week. It has been in their shop for four weeks.

Next pics will be a fully repaired inner structure!!

Last edited:
Didn't expect something else.
You are right, you can buy these mirrors for approx. 900 USD at Spoon directly, but unpainted -

Will do so and ask my fellow to put a layer carbon on it

I have looked at these mirrors closely (the ones on the scorp965 car) and they are not the NSX Spoon mirrors, as far as I can tell. The mounting bases are thicker and where the mirror attaches to the base is also different. I believe that these are actually modified s2000 Spoon Mirrors. If we got a close up of where they mount to the car, I bet there is an extra mounting piece between the base and the car door. I also believe that theses mirrors "break-away" while the spoon NSX mirrors do not.

I am sort of obsessed with the Spoon s2000 mirrors since I think they look much better than Spoon's NSX-specific mirrors.

Thanks Chase! I'm trying.

[MENTION=30430]LeftCoastNSX[/MENTION],
I'll try to get a pic when I get back to the shop. Hey I only know what scorp said in his ads.

[MENTION=21326]RUNDLC[/MENTION]
Excellent work so far. I really admire when people take coal and turn it into a gem. Great work on the diffuser. Watch out for speed bumps! I am looking forward to seeing this car back on the road.

Oh shit, sweet!!! I love that you decided to get on here and post updates instead of us wondering what the hell happened to it. Can't wait to see this thing back on the road!!

Back