• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Announcement: Nsxpo 2016 thread

I have a hunch there will be a very large contingent from the east coast driving down to NSXPO 2016. We will need to organize a caravan that allows for the New England owners to start and pick up attendees along the way MA/CT staring....NY/LI/NJ...then eastern PA...MD/DC/VA...onto easternNC...and SC/GA...with northern FL joining in.........maybe 50+ east coast NSX's arriving in Orlando at one time!

Would there be an interest in driving in mass down to northern Virginia and catching the auto train? It leaves from Lorton VA and arrives in Sanford, FL. I have used it before with other nsxs and they were great with the car. Thoughts?

Jay, do you know if there are other locations on the way to Sanford where they pick up autos?

pop autotrain in the search bar

Last edited:
Jay, do you know if there are other locations on the way to Sanford where they pick up autos?

It only has two stops. Lorton and Sanford and it's non-stop unless some dickhead gets stuck on the railroad crossing and they have to stop the train for a few hours.

F it, I'm in.. Time for me to join NSXCA. Plus, you need a traveling partner right?

I'm in, it's time I paid my dues

Let's do this! With our driving patterns, we'll get there in no time lol. I'll create a Tri-State Caravan Thread for us. I'm thinking:
11/1 (Tues) - Hit the road after work (5-6PM). Put in a good 5.5 hour drive to Richmond, VA to spend the night.
11/2 (Wed) - Continue 10-hour drive to Orlando. Arrive around 6-7PM.
11/6 (Sun) - Reverse on the way back up. Could do 5.5-hour drive or more depending on when NSXPO officially wraps up.
11/7 (Mon) - Arrive back home.

Let's do this! With our driving patterns, we'll get there in no time lol. I'll create a Tri-State Caravan Thread for us. I'm thinking:
11/1 (Tues) - Hit the road after work (5-6PM). Put in a good 5.5 hour drive to Richmond, VA to spend the night.
11/6 (Sun) - Reverse on the way back up. Could do 5.5-hour drive or more depending on when NSXPO officially wraps up.

Sounds good

Looks like the Auto Train round trip from Lorton to Sanford is around $835. 16hr ride overnight. Not too bad. Might consider that instead of trailering the car down.

With this schedule, I'd probably get in on this too if I'm able to go. I'd just have to meet up with you all in Richmond. Don't know yet what the other OH or western PA guys are planning

Well, crap. NSXPO finally comes back to the Southeast, and I just sold my NSX. Pre-sale maintenance was even done in Orlando...by Nabil at First Class Automotive. Drove all the way down there (10 hours more or less) just to get the work done at FCA.

With this schedule, I'd probably get in on this too if I'm able to go. I'd just have to meet up with you all in Richmond. Don't know yet what the other OH or western PA guys are planning

That's great! It would be awesome to have other caravans join along the way. I created a thread in the NE section so we can talk specifics. Feel free to cross-reference with other caravan threads:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...2016-NSXPO-Caravan-Thread-(Tri-State-Edition)

I've blocked the days off in my schedule already, but given work, I'd probably drive down on Thursday (15 hour drive down I-77/95) and back on Sunday AM. I wish I could spare enough time to drive down on Wednesday.

I am jealous of the DC folks who have access to the Autotrain, no such thing in Cleveland!

I'll be shipping my car down from North NJ, anyone who wants a spot on the truck let me know. The more cars the cheaper the price. Its a 4 car enclosed hauler.

I'll be shipping my car down from North NJ, anyone who wants a spot on the truck let me know. The more cars the cheaper the price. Its a 4 car enclosed hauler.

Rob,
What's the number for shipping the car down? That's a lot of blue in one trailer. ;)

keep me posted on the truck

I can probably do it for $550 each way per car for my enclosed truck. I'd have the driver hang out and play with Mickey for a few days until the cars are ready to go back.

Great price. Any of you entrepreneurs like Rob should consider airbnb'ing your 2 seats round trip for essentially free shipping, might even make a dollar or two.

Rob, maybe you should have auctioned off spots on Bring a Trailer. Might have paid for your NSXPO and the gas & travel costs.

Back