• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Just Took Ownership of JH4NA1154PT000092

Hey everyone, I'm new to the community but can't wait to pick your brains and contribute to the wealth of knowledge on NSXPrime. I recently picked up a 1993 NA1/5spd in Berlina Black on Black with 74k miles from a gentleman in Pennsylvania. The car came with absolutely no service records, but from what I can tell I am the fourth person to own this car, so I cross my fingers somebody here can help me locate some records. I've inspected the vehicle and other than minor front bumper damage which was crappily repaired, the car appears to be pretty solid and drives excellent. Anybody out there know anything about this car?

Upon receiving the car, I have already:
  • flushed the oil and swapped for Royal Purple,
  • flushed the transmission and did the Delco MTF cocktail,
  • Pulled vacuum on the AC over night and recharged the system,
  • swapped the OG 5 spoke wheels for 2nd gen 7-spokes
  • Installed front bumper lower lip which was MIA upon arrival,
  • Did a Wally World exhaust tip swap (will eventually redo the whole exhaust system but just couldn't stand the oval OE tips)
  • Ceramic coated the Painted the OE brake calipers and highlighted the "NSX"

Still have so much to do, but next on the list for peace of mind, i will be having the TB/WP done as I don't believe it has ever been touched.

Attachments

• IMG_1095.jpg
    IMG_1095.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 348
  • IMG_1138.jpg
    IMG_1138.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 299
Welcome and congratulations. That's a good looking car.

Some more pics of my new project:

Upon arrival from a long journey across the USA:
9vmzU1W.jpg

7vTLOT3.jpg

SW788xQ.jpg

1HJH2mG.jpg

Wrrjpkd.jpg

SJ2zx06.jpg

JIRaxGs.jpg

5fYH9xV.jpg

xANRZ5K.jpg

UUyxB1b.jpg

RLlL245.jpg

4YBsdXD.jpg

C7YODZ9.jpg

egm8S6n.jpg

wRLFLgz.jpg

welcome congrats ...where in Pa was the car from?

A few updates on the car since picking it up:

Swapped out the space ship style exhaust tips for something a little nicer looking
IMG_1193.jpgIMG_1194.jpg

Adjusted the headlights, broke the adjuster, cursed like a sailor then came up with a creative solution to mend the issue. Lights now open and close beautifully.
IMG_1289.jpg

Removed peeling and purple 20+ year-old tint and had rear engine hatch and door glass tinted dark.
IMG_4667.jpgIMG_4668.jpg

Peeled and smoothed interior trim panels, picked up Euroboutique center console trim bezel, wrapped trim with gunmetal vinyl wrap and installed Clarion NX807 Double Din stereo with Bluetooth, Nav and backup camera.
IMG_1838.jpgIMG_1842.jpgIMG_1844.jpgIMG_1854.jpg

More to come...

Continuation of above:

Dropped off the car with Ramon at Niguel Motors to have the TB/WP service done, also had him reseal the top-end of the motor, replace VTEC solenoid seals and adjust the valves. Icing on the cake, he took care of painting my valve covers and his buddy pressured washed the undercarriage, motor and suspension, color sanded some trouble areas of the paint, polished and waxed the car.
IMG_2031.jpgIMG_1988.jpgIMG_2123.jpgIMG_2121.jpgIMG_2118.jpg

Got a sweet new license plate for the car!
IMG_2224.jpg

My car was used in an Intel video that was shot out in Temecula, here are some of the beauty shots from that day.
fullsizeoutput_841.jpgIMG_2229.jpgIMG_2231.jpgIMG_2232.jpg

Ordered the all metal NSX Key to replace the single generic Honda replacement key that the car came with. Also ordered two replacement keyless entry remotes since I never got them from the PO, will post photos as soon as i get them.

After sitting for a few weeks, I dusted off the NSX and spent a whole day detailing it. While at it, i replaced the trunk and engine cover struts, and put a brand new OE leather shifter on.
fullsizeoutput_835.jpg

It's slowly but surely coming along.

Attachments

• IMG_2256.jpg
    IMG_2256.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 229
Last edited:
good stuff, if you're in irvine, I might see you around.

Is the FJ for sale? Always wanted one of those....

thanks for the followup....looking good

Congrats and welcome to the ownership club .. beautiful looking ride .. but I'm partial to blk as well! It you haven't already found it, make sure you check out the NSX Wiki on this site. It can be found on the red action bar at the top of most pages. You've already done quite a number of improvements but the Wiki may help you with projects in the coming months and years. It's full of both old and new information but has been locked down for a couple of years so for more current info on active topics, you're best to just search the forums. Enjoy!

Welcome and nice find! I was really worried when I read that you installed some Wally World exhaust tips, but they actually look decent thank goodness!

I'll see you around. I'm in southern Cali also. Looks clean let me know when you're at cars and coffee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome! Good choice with Niguel Motors. The Wally World tips look great, I wish I knew the oval tips were removable when I had my 1991.

Be sure to check out the monthly meet at South Coast Acura, first Thursday of every month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

wow awesome job cleaning her up from the 1st day! where did you go to get the metal key cut? ive been reading online in several different places that the typical key shop cant/wont cut the all metal NSX key due to the metal being harder than typical keys? (sorry if this is a dumb question lol. im still a new owner and trying to learn as much as possible and do things once and do it right the first time)

wow awesome job cleaning her up from the 1st day! where did you go to get the metal key cut? ive been reading online in several different places that the typical key shop cant/wont cut the all metal NSX key due to the metal being harder than typical keys? (sorry if this is a dumb question lol. im still a new owner and trying to learn as much as possible and do things once and do it right the first time)

Thanks! It's a labor of love. As for the key, I got it done at Tustin Acura. They also got me two new OE keyless entry remotes.

Back