• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Budget 02+ ABS conversion

nice work jay,i bit the bullet a while back and did the full 2000+ system abs upgrade. I had thought about just doing a delete,but having abs saved my car one day when I pulled out in front of somebody I didn't see and was able to steer away from a collision.
your system seems like a good midpoint,saving and improving the functionality of abs,but costing much less.

Interested in a plug n play kit as well if it's possible. Good use of resources.

Thanks Dave! I thought about that. I am having trouble sourcing the matching plugs for the abs computer. I could put together a DIY kit for fairly inexpensive considering the alternative.
Thank you syndicate. Very good work. Especially since I am growing tired of my abs pump chattering every damn time I leave my garage. We need more fair priced options versus a 3k upgrade with labor. Bravo. Any way to try and keep the traction control? Maybe integrating it into the wiring schematic?

You can try a newer abs pump from a car with traction control like a TL, but I couldn't test it due to my setup. Much of the communication between the abs and the traction control system is unknown because it is Honda proprietary. The wiring schematics aren't complete and we would have to make a lot of assumptions during hookup. This could have adverse effects. The newer NSX pump has four pulse wires that go to the tcs ecu. If we could find a newer Honda abs pump from a car with tcs and someone willing to take the risk, I could wire it up. You should/could upgrade the ecu to an ems and eliminate the oem traction control as it is pretty archaic. Not to mention that the traction control features on the AEM system could be setup to give you what you need. You would also pick up some power too being supercharged and all.

How about using an 06+ s2000 abs pump since they came with VSA? Would that help with the TCS system in our cars or is that a totally different system?

How about using an 06+ s2000 abs pump since they came with VSA? Would that help with the TCS system in our cars or is that a totally different system?

I can see if someone local to me wants the swap and still has oem ecu and traction control for experimentation. Should be straight forward.

Well, I can't seem to replace the abs reservoir bottle on my system, so I am interested in a plug and play setup too. If anyone has a 95 abs laying around dead hit me up for sure I could really use the bottle.

I would also be interested in a kit.
Great work!
Another source for the connectors could be these guys based in Japan: http://www.easternbeaver.com/Main/Company/company.html
I looked into the ABS pumps on ebay, should I buy one with the mounting bracket?
Will it fit directly on the NSX?
Thanks

Last edited:
I'm still sourcing plugs so I can make a harness for a cleaner installation. You can always buy the harness pictured and use it with the S2000 pump but that harness is around $500
Email me [email protected] I'll see what I can help you source.
I would as much info on the oem abs unit connector, markings on the backs of terminals and the housing.
A lot of times these are propriatary, so they are not in catalogs, posibly discontunued, etc.. and the part numbers can take months to years to get.

Good news!! I have sourced some plugs. Still need 2 more, but I have a lead on those. Thanks to Joe at Cycle Terminal for all the help finding these! These kits should be prototyped soon. Stay tuned!

Great news! Please put me on the list!

1. Jagtiger

Back