• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Caveat Emptor

At the epicenter of the Zombie Apocalypse
I haven't logged into Prime in a while since I've been so busy. I'm actually not really that surprised there are only 14 threads about prospective new owners. My call is that within 3 to 5 years the new hybrid car being badged as an NSX will no longer be in production and will be worth considerably less than a real NSX in the secondary market. I wish the car was a stock so I could short the living hell out of it. If I'm wrong then feel free to flame me to a crisp a few years down the road.

I haven't logged into Prime in a while since I've been so busy. I'm actually not really that surprised there are only 14 threads about prospective new owners. My call is that within 3 to 5 years the new hybrid car being badged as an NSX will no longer be in production and will be worth considerably less than a real NSX in the secondary market. I wish the car was a stock so I could short the living hell out of it. If I'm wrong then feel free to flame me to a crisp a few years down the road.

Strong words. What leads you this conclusion (not agreeing or disagreeing)?

Strong words. What leads you this conclusion (not agreeing or disagreeing)?

The fact that I have a fully functional brain.

To understand my opinions an individual needs to agree with me on these two topics:

1) Man made climate change is a hoax.
2) For all intents and purposes, the planet's petroleum supply is unlimited.

If they disagree with me on these topics then I strongly encourage them to get at least a basic high school understanding of physics and chemistry.

To understand my opinions an individual needs to agree with me on these two topics:

If they disagree with me on these topics then I strongly encourage them to get at least a basic high school understanding of physics and chemistry.

Wow, I had no idea it was that simple. This is good news indeed.

What do either of those have to do with the new NSX? I don't think it is pretending to be green or economical - just fast with torque vectoring, modern creature comforts, and current safety stuff. Sure, it may have some i's dotted and t's crossed so it also happens to qualify for tax credits (and get a few of those types of buyers) but I don't think being hippie is the core of the vehicle. Fast and technological are (edit: and reliable).

Last edited:

This explains why the Toyota Prius has been a complete failure.

Hugh, you're letting your politics get in the way of your gearheadedness.

Back